J Hotel(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
$18
Tune Hotel Danga Bay(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
$23
Thistle Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
$61
Trip.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $67/night.

Princeton Hotel(Johor Bahru)
$26
$20
Agoda.com
Bliss Boutique Hotel(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
$34
$30
Priceline
$405
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsholiday plazapolo loungenew wingshopping malldeluxe roomroom servicechinese restaurantother hotelsparking spacecoffee houseclub floorpleasant staybig roomnasi lemaknon smoking roomhousekeeping stafffront office
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We are upgraded to deluxe rooms when we checked in after 3 pm. However, only one room was ready out of three rooms that we booked. We only managed to get all the keys at 5 plus pm.

The rooms are clean and the service is prompt when I requested for extra towels and toiletries. However, I was upset on the first night as I was bitten by mosquitoes in the middle of the night and I could not go back to sleep as I heard mosquitoes buzzing in my ears. I have to climb out of the bed to search for mosquitoes patch and put it on me before going back to sleep. I thought it was only room but upon checking with my in-laws, I realized that there were also mosquitoes in her room as my nephew was also stung by mosquitoes in their room. This is not what I expected from Mutiara.

Due to the dangerous haze conditions, we had to stay in the hotel room a lot of time as we were not able to go to Legoland. We were disappointed that there was no wi-fi available in the rooms although we have iPhones and iPad. We have to go to the lobby or stay in the restaurant to use the wi-fi.

The buffet breakfast spread is average and they do try to make some changes in the menu every day. The coffee is fragrant. The waiters are helpful and friendly. Due to the haze, we had dinners at their Chinese restaurant, Meishan restaurant, for two consecutive nights. The food is delicious and the price was reasonable. The service was also good.

Although there were not many things for the kids to do in the hotel (the pool is too deep for them), they were able to entertain themselves by improvising it by swimming in the bath tub.

The location is good as it is near to KSL and Parkson so least we are able to do some shopping at the two places and also catch a movie.

The overall experience of staying in the hotel is not too bad despite our travel plan being disrupted but I do hope that if I were to stay here again, the will be no more mosquito bites and wi-fi is available in the rooms.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank May C
HPKhoo, General Manager at Mutiara Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

It was a pleasure to have you as a guest at Mutiara Johor Bahru. Your positive comments are appreciated. Meanwhile, we will continue to improve on our services to meet guest’s expectations and we sincerely look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

we manage to check in immediately around 3pm and we got our room right away, i guess they upgraded our room somehow but our room was the club room which I would say, i expected a bad condition but it turn out otherwise, the room was fantastic! clean & fluffy pillows, big screen TV. the room was fairly big for a 2 pax plus there's a bathtub in the toilet, however I would suggest the hotel to include the essential stuff like toothbrush, shaver in the bathroom instead of we required to call for it. Because they only placed shower cap and sewing kit in the toilet which we find not as important as toothbrush right?

However the location is good in the morning but night time its gets a bit dangerous, there wasnt a nearby 7-11, we gotta walk out to buy beers etc. It would be good if they have an 7-11 just opposite it.

but overall, thumbs up for the service and rooms!

would definately be back :)

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank theflowersaffairs
HPKhoo, General Manager at Mutiara Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

We truly appreciate the chance to offer you our services, and we are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Your continued patronage is a vital part of our growth and for that, we are most grateful.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Johor is sometimes visited by international travellers (non-Singapore) and some hotels are known for prostitutes etc. This is a family friendly option with all the usual 4 star items (pool, air con, internet (although wired in the rooms), eating options, buffet breakfasst etc. It is a bit tired and in need of a refurb but comfortable enough.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are better, higher up.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark Y

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We certainly look forward to your return trip to our hotel where we trust you will have a memorable experience.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed at Mutiara from 25th April to 28th April 2013. It was our 4th or 5th stay there.

My wife and I had stayed in several hotels in Johor before. Mutiara certainly has its virtues over other hotels in Johor Bahru.

Their rooms are good value for money, spacious and clean. The interior looks new too, should have been refurbished not long ago. Service is reasonably good, location is besides Holiday Plaza which used to be quite a popular place. I believed it lost its appeal after KSL is opened.

Service and room standards have been quite consistent throughout our several stays there. The hotel provided a good touch to our stay by sending us a complimentary birthday cake this time as we were celebrating my birthday in advance.

Everything has been fine until our last night stay. We were informed via a letter in the room about a power outage that day which was supposed to end around 6pm in the evening. However, when my wife and I returned around 10pm at night, power was still not restored. The staff were not certain when the power issue would be fixed.

We waited for another hour and decided to move to another hotel as the power is still not restored by 11pm. The hotel was kind enough to waive that particular night's charge. However, they seem to be quite ill-equipped to deal with such incidents.

However, Mutiara is still a good hotel in terms of its value for money, room, service and location. KSL Resort holds the best location in Johor, but the room standards and cleanliness are quite bad. It is also overpriced. Thistle Hotel has the best rooms, but the location is very inconvenient. Puteri Pacfic is no longer the same as the past. Everything has deteriorated.

Thus, despite what happened during this trip, Mutiara is still a good hotel in Johor if you are looking for a decent priced hotel with good room and service standards.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LonelyTraveller87

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed over for one night and booked two rooms with connecting door. We request for checkin even though the other room was not ready. Our room was on the highest floor facing the railway track, the children was overwhelmed especially when the saw the train passes by. Remind me of good old days when the train crosses right in front of our eyes nearby our house. Oh yes breakfast was superb, especially the lamb roast and mee curry. the only thing that bothers me was the buffet price for children age 3 - 11, its kind of steep especially they dont usually tucked in that much. Almost bad experience was when i lost my parking ticket and its was raining heavily. The front office guy (sorry for not knowing your name)told me that as a hotel guest, i can just show the parking voucher to the attendent and drive out. Really saves me alot of trouble. So overall stay was nice and looking forward for next stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Highest floor is definitely a good choice.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

It was a pleasure to have you as a guest at Mutiara Johor Bahru. We appreciate your positive comments during your recent stay and we would be delighted to welcome you back soon.