$93
$77
Thistle Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
$61
$87
$64
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Tune Hotel Danga Bay(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
$23
J Hotel(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
$18
Bliss Boutique Hotel(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
$34
Princeton Hotel(Johor Bahru)
$26
$406
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsholiday plazapolo loungenew wingshopping malldeluxe roomroom servicechinese restaurantother hotelsparking spacecoffee houseclub floorpleasant staybig roomnasi lemaknon smoking roomhousekeeping stafffront office
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I was given to stay in the refurbished part of the hotel. Although the room was huge and comes with full amenities, the air conditioning didn't work so I did not have a good night sleep. They have only begun to provide bottled water only recently and this came as a relief after reading the comments from foursquare on it. The hotel looks old but it's still alright. My colleague was given a family suite which came with a double decker bed for the kids and PC although we booked 2 singles for business purpose. I understand rooms were full so we were not given non smoking rooms and hence my colleague and I were given rooms in different parts of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We have taken note of your feedback and rest assure, we will continue to strive for improvement on our services to meet guest's expectations. Meanwhile, we sincerely look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I went here for just one night with my girlfriend for New Year 2012. It was just to relax before work started. Check in was prompt and hotel looked awesome. It is quite big. Looked very clean and pleasan inside.

Our room was really awesome. it actually was quite clean and nice. The size of the room itself was big. The toilet had a bath-tub. Everything was good here. They even had a coffee table and chairs beside the window for you to sit and relax and read the papers.

My deal did not come with breakfast but I really paida super cheap price. Totally no regrets. There is KSL shopping mall about 5mins walk away and lots of food everywhere.

Overall, very nice hotel and it was really cheap.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay at Mutiara Johor Bahru. Your positive comments are much appreciated and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

This is my 2nd stay at Mutiara and still could not find anything that would give me a wow factor.

My comments are as follows:

Food and Beverage
The chef should be shot for putting in an array of breads (from breakfast) on the lunch buffet just to fill up the empty space on the buffet counter... not much imagination with regard to the food selection.

The staff too has an attitude. One of the more elderly male wait staff just 1. Could not smile 2. Could not acknowledge guest 3. Could not do task beyond what he was assigned. Gave a really bad impression of the hotel's service standards.

Room
The battery on my card activated lock on my door ran out (so I was told) thus causing me to run like a headless chicken to and from the reception several times before it was rectified. Waste of time.
However the duty manager took the trouble to make sure that I was not inconvenienced further which was a plus point in the service of this place

The Front Office Staff
May need more smiles at the reception as they seem to be looking stressed and under pressure all the time even though there was not many check ins or check outs during my arrival and departure. The cashier then to ignore you and make as if you were not there while they were attending to other guest.

Housekeeping
The room housekeeping was great. Clean and efficient. The iron and ironing board was delivered promptly upon request.

Wake up call.
Asked for a 6.45 am wake up call but received a call at 6.30 then 6.45 then 6.50am

Banquet
The banquet wait staff was attentive and was at hand to serve when needed. Much has to be said about the tea breaks as it was un imaginative . I guess this would not surprise me as it may be the Exec Chef that has allowed the "Bread on the Lunch Buffet just to fill up the space" scenario.

Room Amenities
It was a good stay. The room was comfortable. Bed was great. The shower however as disappointing as they had a very funny way to get the water to the desired level. Even on the 3rd floor where I was staying, the water pressure made showering a "luxury in the dessert" where water trickled as your showered.

Room Service
Please do not order rooms service as your will be robbed. I had to pay RM16.80 for a small pot (for 2+ coffee cups) of warm milk. Please check the prices first before ordering.

Room Tip: Ask for a late check out. It can be extended till 3pm. Dont get any room service unless you verified the prices.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Thank you for staying with us recently; we are grateful that valued guest like yourself have taken precious time to provide feedback. We have taken note of your comments and would do our utmost to provide better quality services to meet guest’s expectations. We sincerely hope to welcome you back to Mutiara Johor Bahru soon.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Stayed at this hotel fri and checked out sat.
We reached there early about 12.30 pm and the our room was not ready (Deluxe King). after half an hour later, a staff approached us and told us that the room only ready by 3 pm! To our relief, she offered us kid suite instead as we have 1 kid with us. lucky for us, we didn't wait for too long and got a free upgrade!!! I must said big thank you Mutiara for the great understanding.

Good - room with King bed and double deck bed for kids.
- PS 2 console with 2 free games.
- bathtub
- Full toiletries.
- Safe
- LCD TV, Astro TV, singapore TV channels
- renovated room
- next Holiday Plaza
- Free parking but limited lots
- carpark infront of hotel entrance

Bad - bathtub tapwater difficult to adjust.

Room Tip: I have compared Agoda, Booking.com and hotel website. found the hotel rate is cheapest and need only 1 day advance to cancel. others need at least 3 days to cancel or else 1 night will be charged.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tyk2828
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

We are delighted to have you as a guest at Mutiara Johor Bahru. Your positive comments are appreciated and we would be happy to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Went there last weekend for our weekend getaway...

(-) Minus sign:
SLOW CHECK IN
This was our first visit @ Mutiara Johor Bahru Hotel, as we had a wedding invitation nearby, we wanted to secure a room booking so we had booked more than a mth ago directly via the website's booking system.

Sadly upon reaching the hotel at 1'ish (check-in time was supposedly stated as 2pm), we were told to come back after 4pm (had to wait more than 2hours!!) as the hotel staff informed that our booking did not went through.... (??) We were quite upset then, furthermore this was an inconvenience to us as we travelled with our 1year old toddler...

Came slightly after 4pm and had to wait some more, seems there were others around who were (still) waiting for their rooms to be ready too...

SMALL, OLD POOL
This hotel seem quite old, don't expect much as the pool is rather small & old-fashioned too. This was a quick stay for us, therefore we are usually not around during the day, and did not try the pool... Went to take a look as our room was same level as the pool entrance. Hmm...Quite skeptical if we were to swim there with our toddler...

(+) Plus sign:
SPACIOUS DELUXE ROOM & CLEAN TOILET
Our room was located on Level 3 (same level as the Pool entrance). We chose the King Bed for our booking (despite the long wait during the check-in & staff told us our room would be changed to Double Queen room but it was not changed eventually). Toilet came equipped with the usual hot/cold water plus bathtub. There is a mini bar fridge, electric kettle & basic set of toiletries available.

GREAT BREAKFAST BUFFET
Surprisingly to us, breakfast @ Seri Mutiara restaurant was superb!! Do not miss this out as it was truly a spread.... We feel that this is one of those few hotels in M'sia with good International buffet for breakfast. Definitely a plus point for us (considering the slow check-in we had the previous day)... We look forward to having it again for our next stay, should the opportunity arises.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nina M
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

It was a pleasure to have you as a guest at Mutiara Johor Bahru. Your positive comments are appreciated. Meanwhile, we will continue to improve on our services to meet guest’s expectations and we sincerely look forward to welcome you back soon.