KSL Hotel & Resort
Thistle Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
$77
$58
Agoda.com
Hotel Jen Puteri Harbour, Johor(Johor Bahru)
$105
$77
$22
Tune Hotel Danga Bay(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
$23
$22
$269
  • Breakfast included
$74
$68
Trip.com
Swan Garden Hotel(Johor Bahru)
$36
$31
  • Restaurant
Mutiara Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
$47
$43
Priceline
$92
$59
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Bliss Boutique Hotel(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
$36
$30
2,670 results
All reviewsshopping malldinosaur theme parkswimming poolunder one roofmonday nightpasar malamtriple roomnight marketsame buildingsingle bedcity viewhigh floorshort getawayconvenient locationhotel lobbywater parkcounter staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Very clean hotel, friendly staff. Good size clean rooms, great pool, comfy sun loungers. Friendly helpful staff. Excellent food in clean restaurant. Nice bar to relax in while listening to good live music. Would strongly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be the same
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank susiewhozie
Reviewed May 8, 2013

In my opinion, this is the most convenient hotel in Johor Baru. Located smack right in the centre of Johor Baru city or JB. For less then £50. Or RM 250. You will enjoy the clean room with full aminities. It's very new and all facilities like the air conditioning is in top working order.
Unlike some hotel located in oasis of their own, this hotel has a Tesco hyper Market in it's annex block. There are approx. 30 restaurants and food outlets like causeway bay, Kim Gary, kfc , western food, Thai food, nyonya and many international food outlets.
The street along this hotel has a once a week "pasar malam" or night Market. Every Monday night. One can find many goods and food from fresh fish to nasi lemak , roast duck, clothes and others. The street is approx 300 meter long.

The only catch with this hotel, in which I think makes it a little less elegant, is the fact that they will provide free wifi service for in roo guest. The catch is, it is very slow and if you want a faster service, they spell out that you have to pay RM 20 per day for fast Internet. About £4.
the only problem this hotel doesn,t realise is that the longer a person stays in the room, the higher the electricity cost.

The breakfast was really good with many choice of food. The array of local, Chinese, continental, the egg station , etc. Abundance of quality and fresh food. Satisfactory taste.

Room Tip: Room 1828 . 18 floor city view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The rooms are priced reasonably but it also means service not as good and security not as good. Do not expect quality service as its a local hotel.

Check in was quick for us this time as we went on a weekday but when we arrive at our room we realized that someone else's luggage and belongings are still in the room! Good thing that no one was in if not so embarrassing! We went back to front desk and highlighted this, the guy went into the manager room and came back just saying sorry we will change another room for you. I mean they didn't even explain why this kind of thing can happen in first place ? Anyway we realize it was useless to complain as they just dun get it. But my take is room is nice and spacious with all the amenities, free wifi only for 1 access, no cable tv just boring channels. Free breakfast has a decent variety but the waffles taste like rubber. The local spread is much better than the continental spread. Only plus is the kSl mall is right beside the hotel.

Another down side is the hotel car park is same as the Mall so you will be competing with other drivers to find a lot in a good location. One advise do not park too far away from lifts and escalators where there's more human traffic or do not park where it is not brightly lit for safety measures. Also do NOT leave any valuables in the room as I seriously do not trust the security. I could have easily taken the person's luggage in the room they accidentally given to me.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Spend an awesome weekend at Ksl Resort.The service was excellent... Very friendly staff.... Compact and cozy room wt a good view of Jb city.But could improve in the check in process. Was a very ideal place for us to dine in, catch a movie and have a few drinks in the same building... ;-)

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank shandy82
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed on 21 march. Ordered some room service. Paid in cash when I check out. One month later they deduct an amount for from my credit card. I was not acknowledged. Emailed them , and the person ask me for proof that I paid cash. How to give proof ?? I already throw away the receipt. By the way the credit card info they got was when I check in, like a secure deposit.how can they charge me anytime they want . Dangerous and angry

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank louiskk
Aloysius1447, Manager at KSL Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to know that incidence. May I get your check in name or so that we can investigate into the matter.