“What a pleasant surprise!”
Review of Maio Restaurant

Maio Restaurant
Ranked #73 of 933 Restaurants in Johor Bahru
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 1, 2013

After reading many conflicting reviews on restaurants in JB we decided to take a chance with Maio. We were glad we did. Parking is right in front of the restaurant and the setting is lovely. Kids even had a swim in the pool before lunch. We dined indoors in a lovely room with full length glass windows looking out onto a jungle setting. Service was absolutely exceptional (better than Singapore). Food was good (calamari) to very good (grilled prawns and lamb rack). The complimentary home made bread was excellent and made me think the pizza would be very good too. Next time we will try pizza too. This place definitely deserves to be more popular. Lovely!

6  Thank familyfuninsun
There are newer reviews for Maio Restaurant

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Dining at Maio was a wonderful experience. The first thing that stood out was the environment. The inside is not bright as the outside and it gave me a different feeling immediately. They created a natural concept with the jungle outside the glass wall. What a splendid view! And the food was finger licking good! Would definitely come back again.

3  Thank haqitarun
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Best place to bring your loves for romantic dinner in a latin like surrounding. I've been serve by outstanding waiter that even live up the feeling i dine at a foreign country. It was great dine experience at maio

3  Thank Wakrvr
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had dinner at Maio Restaurant during my stay at M Suites Hotel. It is perfectly situated at the back of the hotel. The secluded location probably is the cause of not being full house that night. But I would certainly come back again if given the chance. The food was delicious, the service was great, and I love the dining area with the glass wall. It is very elegant and fancy. I had the Maio Pizza and Cold Onion Soup. The mocktails were delicious too. Too bad I forgot the name of the drinks. But I would definitely drop by Maio the next time in Johor Bahru

3  Thank izira_asiraf
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was at Maio for a company dinner. The food was great and the staff was wonderful. I love the dining area where you could see some shrubs and trees. Even at night, the area is lit up and gives us a great view while feasting on the delicious cuisines. There is also an outdoor dining area that is not so cold compared to the inside dining area. The architecture of the restaurant is classic. A great place to wine and dine any time.

3  Thank Ziedah