“Poolside dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 30, 2012

planned a dinner for wife's birthday. initially wanted a cosy corner but was instead offered to have a poolside candle light dinner set up. it was great. service was good. food was good. the singing and guitar playing for the surprise cake was good. me and wife enjoyed our dinner there.
even had a tour of the place before we went off. very nice place.
will definitely go there again.

13  Thank azmilazman

Reviewed October 29, 2012

The food was amazing and the service was good. The pizza is a must try!!
the ambience was very relaxing.
i will surely go back again to this restaurant on my next trip to Johor...

3  Thank Jes_sidhu
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I was trying to come up with the best way to propose to my longtime partner but didn’t know exactly what to do. So I browse the net for possible romantic spot in JB. Maio Italian Restaurant caught my eye and thought to myself to give it a try.
I called the restaurant manager Christiano and he was so helpful to arrange everything for us. We we seated at the poolside with candles all around and a soft music in the background. I and my partner had the set meal which includes salads, soup, rib eye steaks. The food was great and prepared wonderfully. The biggest surprise was when Christiano and his associate Edmund, snuck on my partner’s back then started singing love song which made her so happy and as of now, arrangements for our wedding is on-going. We would definitely come back to Maio.

4  Thank Tony_22031973
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My fiance, parents-in-law and I had Dinner at Maio on 17/8/2012. It cost RM400. The service was bad. We ordered 4 main course and 3 main course arrived at our table. After finishing the 3 the final main course arrived, my mum in law was famished. They didn't apologies nor see the need to inform us how long the food takes preparing. My father-in -law had a lamb shank that was tough and the mash potatoes was too salty. He didn't enjoy the meal and was hungry. My mum -in-law had a seafood pasta, that tasted off. She was unimpressed too. And for dessert we had a piece of Tiramisu that cost a ridiculous RM25 a slice. I had better tiramisu at RM10-11 a slice in Victoria Station in KL and in Secret Recipe. The wait staff seems oblivious to our disappointment and still had the cheek to charge service charge when none was provided. We will never visit the restaurant again. We had a chinese meal at Danga Bay after our dinner in Maio.

1  Thank Sunita F
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Waited about 1 hour for the food and we are the only customers on that day. I ordered seabass for my main course and it was smelly. The onion soup that recommended by the waiter was salty like sea water and the taste was totally out. The only thing acceptable was pizza.

1  Thank Wendywang02