Arulmigu Sri Rajakaliamman Glass Temple
Ranked #7 of 72 things to do in Johor Bahru
Reviewed April 2, 2013

As some background, let me share two facts about myself… (1) I’m a Westerner living in Johor and have so far been incredibly underwhelmed by “attractions” in this part of the world; and (2) I’m not Hindu.

But I was literally blown away by the Arulmigu Sri Rajakaliamman Glass Temple. It is so stunning, and unique… I’ve honestly never seen anything like it. Once the initial wonder wears off, there’s not really much to keep you there for more than 20-30min, but the first few minutes was very special.

The fee structure was a little confusing… charges for non-locals to enter, charges for shoe storage, charges for taking photos etc… But as non-locals we paid RM10 for entry, and that included everything.

We drove here and got lost twice. We asked for directions and were shown to another temple with a similar name (it was called Arulmigu Rajamariamman Devasthanam and is a fairly typical practicing Hindu temple). Eventually we parked the car, jumped in a taxi and paid RM5 to be driven, and then realized why we couldn’t find it on our own. The Glass Temple isn’t really on a road… it’s more like a track, off an alley, off a road, off a highway.

I would highly recommend this attraction to even the most travel-weary visitors… I would even recommend international tourists visiting Singapore make the trek into Johor for Arulmigu Sri Rajakaliamman.

6  Thank manasicaje

Reviewed March 5, 2013

...visited this place on 2nd March with hubby

..this is the most spectacular sight i have ever seen in my entire life,despite all the negativity the poor signage,poor roads etc etc..after the visit there,i have something positive to say about this place...

..forget the negativities,the temple is really beautiful and i was in awe and mesmerised completely by what greeted me.Its holy and divine and the vibration is great,you are engulfed with such warmth and calmness once inside it.

Getting here can be pretty complicated,what i did was use google map to do some research beforehand and try to locate the nearest hotel like Zeng Zeng,Golden court and Tropical Inn which are all nearby and walking distance away from this place.The landmark to get at this point is Danga City Mall.In our case,we walked across the railway track from Golden court hotel so it was really easy for us :o)

The temple has many tiny glass mirrors embedded in the walls of all shapes,colours and sizes..the whole place shimmers as if you were in a cave of treasures,i spent a whole good 25 minutes there.First we finished our prayers then we walked around and around, marvelling at the mosaic pattern of glass mirrors.

I'd say go for it,give a donation if you can.This place is definitely worth a visit!! :o)

2  Thank gita73
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is a great temple to visit and the glass in the temple really nice. The only problem is there is no proper road to this temple and if its raiining its really mud in that area and its not so pleasant. The temple is a nice place and peace place to pray.

2  Thank ritajega
Reviewed February 23, 2013

To do a little culture in JB as there is not so much to look in this town we visit this temple. Okay it is different then other Hindi temple, but 1 /2 h is enough to use here.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Beautiful architecture, colorful finishing in glass, numerous deities, images and statues but defeats the purpose of being a temple. Its a pity. Call it a tourist attraction but you find difficulty in accessing the location. No proper through roads. Hope the temple management seek ways to overcome the problems.

1  Thank chiandra