“The KSL Autoshow was on, but not that noisy as expected”
Review of 11@Century Hotel

11@Century Hotel
Ranked #89 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“The KSL Autoshow was on, but not that noisy as expected”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We were concerned when they gave us the 3rd floor, and my window is facing KSL. I can see the giant signboard and all the cars were there, ppl playing their honks every now and then. But hey, it is ok. You can hear it if you pay attention, but the tv was on... by 10 plus 11 o'clock the crowds were gone. Every now and then a car passes by louder than the others... and I couldn't sleep but I had my earpiece and watched Tower Heist. No problem at all.

The room had aircon but lacks a ceiling fan. We are used to the combination as we don't turn the aircon down to 16c or 24c.... but without the aircon, we need to tune it to 24c or otherwise it is very hot even at night. And then suddenly you need to tune it back up a little because it got too cold after the wee hours. That part is annoying. The control is wall-mounted so you have to get out from your comfy bed and get some lights on to see what you are pressing.

The food is so so downstairs. Wanted to try their room service but didn't. Price is reasonable. We didn't try room service because outside there are plenty of choices. Unfortunately, we find JB food not to out liking, except Restaurant Lavender @ Jln Serampang.

The TV is a bit small 32" but with a distance from the bed. So you can say the room is slightly bigger than others. Just slightly. Toilet is ok, water pressure is great. Couldn't hear my neighbours unless there were none.

The lift is a big small and sometimes ppl want to squeeze in instead of wait. The front desk staff seemed tired, no friendly smile. It's like hello, reservation please? And that's all. The other smaller hotel in Batu Pahat had better courtesy.

Car is confusing. I went to the back at first which was narrow and one way, so I was on the wrong way. But if you got to the right place, it is alright. The guards are friendly, probably because they aren't locals.

You can walk which ever direction outside the hotel, and there is food every where. But not all are nice. In fact, worst in my opinion. We had the wantan mee, bakuteh, fry kueh teow... complete waste of money. Should hv KFC or McD instead.

Tesco is in KSL. Plenty of shops... all open. Lots of ppl. I guess everyone pays for the location bcos you can dine, go back for a quick shower, go out again... or go back if you forgotten something, or feeling under the wind, etc...

Ah, cleanliness...not clean at all underneath the bed. The aircon would blow some dust out if you had it on the wrong direction. So that is minus points.

Room Tip: Get higher rooms I supposed. Away from the busy streets below and for a better view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MagicStique

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 21, 2012

A day shopping in JB was planned, but not a hotel stay, until we realized that 11th Century Hotel is just located across the street from KSL City Mall, & Holiday Plaza is also within walking distance!

We walked into the hotel, and fall in love with this hotel! The lobby looks very good, counter staffs are friendly, therefore we decided to book for a night at the deluxe room. As mentioned by most of the travelers, the 2 lifts must be press individually, this is only a minor issues. BUT waiting for the lifts at your room level can be very HOT, as there is no staircase doors, just don't wear your jacket while waiting for the lifts, stay cool!

Deluxe room is big and spacious, with a small fridge, toilet is okay, supplied with all the standard toiletries, 32" LCD TV, you get to see Channel 8 & Channel 5 (Singapore TV channel, except NO Channel U)! Breakfast is a good decent spread. Lunch & dinner - no worries, many restaurants can be found at KSL City!

Below is a minor CONs:
1) No hair dryer
2) No hand held shower head, only a fixed on shower head (on ceiling)
Hope the hotel management can consider to improve on it.

Overall, for travelers who is visiting JB for shopping, movies, KTV...etc, can consider to stay a night at this hotel, because you will definitely enjoy even better, don't need to join the long queue at custom, don't need to worry about the road jam. Just had a good night sleep, and wake up afresh and take your sweet time to travel back home without much hassles!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Authmn
singapore
Reviewed January 31, 2012

No door bell in every room. There are two lifts . You have to press each of the lift button individually. There are some problem with my wi-fi connection, hence i called the reception and they took 30 minutes to come up. I dont understand why you need to walk down 2 steps in your room to reach the ground. The room seems quite dim. The lift is very small. Can take in 6 people max. The time taken for the lift to come out takes quite long.

Hotel size for deluxe room is about 26m2. Breakfast not much choices. There are only lasi lemak and western breakfast such as sausages and scrambled eggs. Receptionists were polite and friendly. If you want to have lunch, you can get a set meal at there for 15RM, reasonably priced. It is 2 min walk to KSL Mall. You can take a cab to City Square at 7RM. Remember to bargain with the taxi driver. If he dont want to reduce the price, go find others.

Room Tip: Choose a room near the lift.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Johor Bahru hotels

Putrajaya, Malaysia
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Location quite close to major shopping, opposite to all new KSL City shopping-hotel building. Next to club, a bit noisy but it's not a 5 star hotel BUT hotel owner should consider to install good acoustic insulation for the sake of the business (attracting more family type of guest to come, not a 'chiken chaser' hotel type). Easy to park car but hard to find road to the hotel (a bit confusing which road is lead to the hotel's main entrance. Overall is a 3* hotel, 3* service, 3.5* room, 3.5* parking, 3.5* lobby. Not bad service. Worth for $$$. Don't expect $$$ for 5* service. Enjoy!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank trj9
Reviewed December 21, 2011

My family and friends booked 4 rooms and we stayed from 9-12 Dec 2011. There were no proper or ample parking spaces.Hotel only have 1 flr underground parking which accomodates less than 10 cars and you will have slim chance of getting into it. Option would be parking next to hotel or the one outside that charges rm5 per entry.The parking next to hotel is refundable provided with receipts which you always have to ask.But if you come back late and you park at the outside rm5 parking no then no refund.Guard says refundable but do not trust them as hotel will not cover that car park charges.Nobody will look after the safety of the car as well and you need to park at own risk.

We stayed in triple sharing rooms with breakfast but only get coupons for two person daily breakfast.When my husband complaints, reception (shamini) only give feedback form and tell they cannot do anything but promised a feedback from management immediately after form submission which is purely lies.

My husband has put in concerns about parking safety and also about the two breakfast coupon instead for triple sharing room we paid inclusive of breakfast.

Reception staff at counter does not have high sense of guets service.No smile serious face and no sensitivity to handle guests concerns.

On the day we check-out my husband lodged a complaint verbally on poor parking but the guest reception, Shamini (the same person gave the complaint/feedback form earlier) turned to deaf ears as if my husband was not there.She did not look at my husband in the eye at all showing her courtesy that she actually listens.She acted busy and so does another guy at the reception.Noticing this my husband immediately asked to see the Manager and she said she's the manager on duty so my husband ask to see GM.As she claims GM was not around, my husband asks for general contact number.She spoke (with no eye contact as she moved here and there) telling she could not give staff contact number to guests and can only give as far as email-i doubt they will ever give any feedback if the mail ever reach the GM. My husband asked for Shamini namecard but she did not give hers instead of writing her name on somebody elses card.She then tossed the card on the reception desk without looking at my husband.

I wrote this as part of my observation.Definitely this hotel is out from our list the next time we come to Johore.

Besides you will not get peaceful nights on weekends due to the loud music at the nearest pub.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Aidaelina
Reviewed December 14, 2011

During my stay at night there was a rat in the room.it came out from under the bed.Very difficult to get parking.Until I almost quarrel with the security guard due to the parking.. thanks to the front desk that solve my parking issue.. the security guard was very rude ... the air cond ventilation is very bed & we cannot control the temprature..

• Stayed October 2011