All reviewshotel location is goodsafety boxfree breakfastfood outletsaffordable priceconnecting roomssupermarkethawkercomfortcafe
Reviewed October 10, 2017

The hotel provides the basic hotel comfort of clean room, comfy beds and neat washroom. Funny my room has a window looking into a vacant hall way. The room comes with free breakfast that consist of local buffet spread that is acceptable. Hotel location is also accessible and since its part of the Mall, lots of shops within walking distance. Food outlet is not a problem, plenty around. So are the Spas which are found all around the hotel. Notable a Viet small community around this areas as there are many such food outlets and supermarket.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view..
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

I have so many times stay at this hotel. They have a good spot and easy to access everywhere. This hotel is combining the shopping area complex. They have supermarket, selling fashion, food outlets, cafe 24 hours and many more. In evening time, you will see along the street has many hawker foods and all are reasonable price including vegetarian. Around the hotel, i found has 2 convenience stores which is Seven Eleven 24 hours. Easy to grab a convensional cab or online cab like Grab or even Uber Taxi. At night, that area also not too dark. Feel very safe to walk alone. Hotel facilities is quite complete according with the price. In room, they have safety box too also standard bathroom amenities. I am quite satisfy stay at this hotel. For me, this hotel is very value for money for those like to hunting food and entertaint some nightlife. I will come back again. See you another time.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

The stay was good. The first floor is link with the massage & spa which provide great service & good clean massage. Room was clean but the bathroom shower area choked. Hotel management should look into drainage system before the next guest check in.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 24, 2017

Stayed here for 3 days 2 night with my husband. Basically this hotel is a place just to sleep.

Minus :
1. Room was quite old, once you step in your room you will realized that.
2. If you bring car you need to park it at Plaza Sentosa instead (the concierge will give you free parking coupon). For me this is bit troublesome, me and my husband end up used Grab every time we wanted to go out.
3. Wall was quite thin, early morning I could heard people in and out from their room and heard kids running along the corridor.
4. WiFi was super bad. Always on and off. I ended up don't bother to used it at all.

Plus :
1. Location was very good. There's a lot of eating places nearby, so you don't need to worry.
2. Breakfast has a lot of variety. Didn't expect this.
3. Room was surprisingly big.
4. Staff were friendly.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
Deala A, Sales Executive at Grand Sentosa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2017

Thank you for your comments and for the review on your stay experience at Grand Sentosa Hotel Johor Bahru recently.

Your comments are all valuable and very helpful for revising and improving our hospitality standards as well as providing important guide significance to our service excellence.

we strive to exceed our guest's expectations and will give much attention to the issues and comments highlighted. To make a diffrence we will need your continued support.

Reviewed March 7, 2017

I had stayed here for 3 days 2 nights as I was participating in a martial arts events located at Plaza Sentosa Mall. The place wasn't that hard to find.

Checking in was fast and smooth. The staff seems mostly experienced and professional. There wasn't any issue as I was (1) early for check-in eventhough I had requested for a late check-in. (2) they had immediately switch my room to king size bed instead of twin beds as they saw I came with my fiancee. This shows how efficient they are.

Once we got in the room, there was a funky smell. To some, this could be a major issue but for me it wasn't a big deal. The huge space in the room made up for the worn out decorations. It was so big I even had enough space to warm up inside the room before my competition. The bed was huge and comfortable. Air-con and shower was all working fine with no issues. Our room didn't have a view from the window but it was all good.

Overall, a nice spot to stay at if you happen to have anything going on around the area.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple