All reviewshotel location is goodsafety boxfree breakfastfood outletsaffordable priceconnecting roomssupermarkethawkercomfortcafe
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Previously, we've stayed at Grand Sentosa for 2 to 3 times and were very pleased with the experiences. The rates were acceptable and more importantly the rooms were clean and nice. Unfortunately, there was such a drastic drop in standard during our last visit that it will be the last time we stay in this hotel. The first room which we checked into had cobweb along the corners of the ceiling which they didn't bother to clear. To make things worse, the pillow and mattress contained the body odor of the previous guest(s) which totally grossed us out. We asked for a room change the following day and experienced the same thing with the pillow from the 2nd room. I don't think the housekeeping is up to par and I feel that the management should be vigilant in maintaining a level of standard for their guests.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2012

This is a 2 night stay for me there with my gf. Upon entering the hotel, you can tell is a simple hotel within Plaza Sentosa. Near to lots of food places and The store. With Watson and Guardian nearby, so pretty convenient for us since we did not drive in.

Hotel room has not WIFI you have to get over to the floor lounge to have access but was given a false password by the reception. Did not even attempt to get a 2nd password from them.

Room is huge for its price with very limited amenities. No fridge, VERY small TV with HUGE remote control but at least its clean, neat and simple. Housekeeping does a great job as well.
Sofa,large table below TV with a luggage hanger beside and a wardrobe with a dressing table side by side

Bathroom is OK though the towel hanger is a bit rusty so was kinda afraid to hang my towel there

Breakfast has to be purchase for RM10 per pax every morning and its out of the hotel. VERY limited selection and not very good. Just edible for a guy

Overall a good experience due to its convenience to malls and other locations.

One last thing, there's a club and 2 bars near the hotel and we can hear the sound of the music and bass going even though we stay on the highest floor.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank linoNOFX
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Basic hotel. Food stalls abound and convenient to go round. Far to legoland but well it's fine if you drive. Lots of foot massage places and ktv if that's your thing. At least room was clean, barely there wifi, service was civil. At least I felt safe enough.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Was looking for a hotel at Johor Bahru and from the entrace, stated walk-in price is different from being told by the front table. Took up a room anyway, cause was too late to go searching for another place.

Check-in was smooth, but once entered the room, totally not up to expectations. Room size was quite spacious and can easily fit a family of 4. However, room interior was not well maintained, TV was quite small and the overall design of the room is more of a 2* hotel. Previous room cleaning was not done properly as I do see some 'leftovers' from previous guests.

There's a LAN port in room and internet speed is moderate. During check-in, was told there's no WiFi connection. However, I do see WiFi signal in my room, maybe because my room is close to the WiFi router.

The hotel is located inside a plaza/shopping mall, thus parking will be in the mall itself. Hotel will waive the parking, but it does seem pretty quite and not-that-safe in the parking lot. Opt to go with valet parking which costs RM15 per day. Didn't have time to explore the mall as it was already late when I arrived and next morning I'm already leaving. I do see lotsa night-activity-places around the mall, which might not be that safe to wander around at night.

The stay comes with a breakfast, but it's nothing to shout about. Choices are limited and tasted so-so. Only have baked beans, eggs, toasts, cereals, nasi lemak, fried rice and fried mee. All in all, I wouldn't recommend this to family and friends and this will be my first and last stay here. You can definitely find better hotels around.

Room Tip: Ask for non-interconnecting room
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ReaperX
Reviewed December 4, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com