All reviewshotel location is goodsafety boxfree breakfastfood outletsaffordable priceconnecting roomssupermarkethawkercomfortcafe
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We checked in on 4th June 2012 for a 3 nights stay at this hotel. We had initially tried to book the rooms through their online reservation as the rates are cheaper but due to some problem, the confirmation didn't go through. When I called the hotel, a Mr Rakesh from reservation very promptly emailed me my confirmation. We made a reservation for 1 superior room which has a king size bed and 1 family room which comes with 1 king size bed and another single bed with breakfast included. The breakfast is quite simple but for the very reasonable room rates, we are not complaining. The rooms and toilets are spacious and the beds are firm and comfortable. When we request for extra pillows, they attended to our request promptly.
Since the hotel is located in a shopping mall, looking for food is not a problem as there are plenty nearby from hawkers to restaurant types. The area also feel safe to walk around as compared to staying in the old part of the city near the Johor immigration. The only downside is that the LCD
TV in the superior/deluxe room us quite small. I think it's only 24". But there's no problem with the family room as it has a 42" LCD TV.. Free wifi is also provided in all rooms. It would also help if the staff has more knowledge when attending to tourist enquiries like transportation around Johor and to Universal Studios in Singapore. All in all, I would say it's worth your money as compared to the other 3 star hotels in Johor Baru.

Room Tip: Stay in the family rooms if you want a bigger TV. It only cost a bit more than the deluxe rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Jo L
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Stay in this hotel with my wife for 5 nights MArch 2012

Pros:
1. The hotel is just operate their service for 5 months
2. Room Spacious
3. Bath room is clean
4. Spring Bed is very comfort
5. Walking distance finding foods, coffee. Taste of the food surrounding of the hotel is very good
6. Breakfast @food court of plaza sentosa, my favourite: "Nasi Goreng Kampung" - Traditional Fried Rice
7. Price..hmm...worth :)
8. Like to have lunch with soup @ the plaza sentosa foodcourt (2nd floor), the stall where this fat chinese guy and girl serving us (miss your soup a lot...)
9. If you need guidance for JB, just asking @front office. This FO Executive, mr. Rakesh Dhass,is so friendly. He supported us much.

Cons:
1. No refrigerator in the room
2. Free Breakfast only for one person for superior room guest (no info for other room type)

Our words:

We are so satisfied stay in this hotel. It would be our lucky fiding this hotel from internet and booked by phone calls coz we dont have credit cards to booked online.
Our experience stay in this hotel and the neighbourhood eliminates the thought that one ever warned/adviced us to be carefull at JB. We feel so comfort, and save.

If I come to JB again, definitely, we will choose in Grand Sentosa Hotel..See you GSH

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank butarbutar
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Ok, here goes...I wanted to stay here because I had prior experience with a hotel in the same building. The rooms then were spacious and cheap.

After checking in, I enquired if it is the same hotel only renovated. I was told it wasn't.

The rooms were priced around S$60 without breakfast and we stayed for 2 nights. The room is fairly spacious, the windows do not overlook any views at all (against a backdrop of another wall). Queen bed was large and clean with 2 pillows and a third in the closet which also houses the small safe for our passports. Closet space was sufficent but with only three cloth hangers which was a shame really.

Toilet space was sufficent for one with a demarcated showering area. A good move to separate the bath splashes from the washing basin usage. 2 body towels and a face cloth. Usual hygiene consummables are provided in the toilet as well.

Next to the bed was a small sofa good for one. With the bed, it was facing the TV. And here I come to the truly unacceptable portion of the room. The TV was shamelessly small by today's standards. I would think it the size of a small computer monitor hung onto the wall. It looked so completely out of dimension with the rest of the room. You could just mistake it for a picture frame.The next no no was the absence of a fridge. How is it possible to not have what I would consider one of the essentials of human comfort in a seemingly contemporary lodging? This absence is in glaring contrast to the piped music on the walkway corriders. Music over comfort??

Hotel is situated within a radius of shops and restaurants. Convenience and retail. Food and night entertainment; pub, karaoke is available easily.

In summary, it was a confusing stay. I like the location and the impression of an accomodation. Unfortunately, the lack of a fridge and the lilliputian TV was a thrown in insult that constantly reminds and will be my lasting impression I take away from this place.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Cheops75
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Grand Sentosa hotel is clean and economical. It has decent rooms with windows (overlooking a huge wall, as that of no windows) but internally is well put together. Toilet and bath facilities are good, the room is pretty spacious. The breakfast is decent. It is currently on good rates so worth a stay. Vicinity is nothing fabulous, the seafood restaurant across the road is always crowded but food is nothing fantastic. Sentosa is not at all decently open. There are massage palours around with some provision shops and cheap eatery. Thats about it. I think for the property to be worth a stay, the vicinity needs further development but judging from the looks of it, Sentosa will probably be as dead as it is now than in 5 years.

Room Tip: Pay a buck or two more for the better rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ABChan
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Was staying here for my Singapore Universal Trip.

The location of the hotel is not very nice. Hard to find if you are driving here the first time - no signboard leading to the hotel.

The transaction were smooth, from checking in until checking out.

The rooms has no view at all but it is fine to me as i am only staying here for my sleep! The TV was small - maybe the smallest that i found in hotels - maybe like 15 inch, not sure. But my 22 in monitor definately bigger! Breakfast served on the 1st floor of the shopping mall (same building) - the hotel does not have a coffee house. However, there is a 24hr coffee shop right outside. And not a place to spend your time with your family & kids - no activities at all.

The staff was very helpful.

And the charge is MYR140 for Deluxe Room with King Bed.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family