“Great place if you only want a place to sleep”

Bliss Boutique Hotel
Ranked #17 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Like the concept of a theme and decor for every room, the rooms are one of the cleanest I've been to, and the hotel in general is nice.
The staff are very nice, helpful and pleasant.
The breakfast is the typical Asian breakfast (noodles and stuff) it's good if you like that kind of meals.
The location is quiet convenient, you can take a bus directly to city center.
Bottom line: it you are looking for a place to come back to at the end of the day and have a good night sleep and cheap, then this is the hotel to stay at!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Bliss Boutique Hotel

Reviewed May 23, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Bliss Boutique Hotel very much. We made a stop on our road to Singapoore and luckily ended up in this hotel.

Its a very trendy hotel, quite modern, clean, the service is really good, the bathroom is very spacious (wich is VERY rare in this part of the world) and they have nespresso machines in the room.

I would definately go back.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank esvian
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Checked in for a week from 5-9 May 2014. Checked in was hassle free and staff was friendly.

Walking distance to indian foodstalls, some restaurants and also Pelangi Mall where you can find more food and some shopping too.

Parking is outdoors but guards will assure you that your cars are looked after at night with their own security monitoring.

Helpful and friendly staff makes the stay much more better too

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank dcyk
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I booked this place as this hotel was nearby to Singapore's border. When i arrive to the hotel, i was not allowed to look or check the room before checking in . I have been to many places and this is the first time i was not allowed to check the room before checking-in. The hotelier insisted for my details despite having it as i emailed them ealier and requested for my identity card. Upon receiving my Identity card , i was allowed to look at the room. The room was a budget hotel and would be fine for a short stay . Then , i decided to stay and had to go to the bank as i neded cash.I was surprised as the hotelier insisted to hold my identity card untill i returned back to the hotel. I was not comfortable to leave my identity card with someone whom i've not met before. After a small argument , my identity card was return and i decided that i would not stay in the hotel.

Room Tip: No comment
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 1Choosen
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Both myself and hubby stayed at Bliss boutique hotel from 2/5/14 to 4/5/14.

The reception Staffs are professional and always willing to answer my endless queries..

We got the design boutique room..(room 258).
Room is facing the city/the road. Its kinda spacious. Even has a platform area beside the window, with a bean bag(which my hubby loves to chill on). Toilet is extremely crampy but good enuf to do your short necessities. We decided on this room as it has a fridge however was not chilled enough.

Maintenance guy (did not get his name) was very fast at coming up to our room(thrice) as we had trouble with the in room safe. Kuddos!

Breakfast buffet is relatively edible and has fair share of the local and western delights.. The menu has slight changes on day one and the second day of our stay.

Location of hotel is just a stone away from the Mamak( indian) food store (24hrs) and a short 5mins walk to the shopping centre Plaza Pelangi.. In case you are not driving, you can easily take the taxi at the plaza pelangi.. To travel about.. There are a few convenience store just along the hotel street.

Rows of spa/massage parlour just across the street.. We took the package from bangkok spa which provides free transport from Bliss Boutique hotel.

We will definitely come back again for short get away again.

Lydialfie sg

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lydialfie
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for once and the room I booked was Designer Deluxe. My comments are as follows:

Pros:
1) The room comes with buffet breakfast and the breakfast is widespread and excellent. In fact, this is the thing I like the most about this hotel:)
2) Room view is not bad.
3) The cleanliness of the room is acceptable.
4) The staffs are friendly.
5) Free fruit juice is served daily at the lobby.
6) The hotel is not that far from KSL shopping mall. So, the location is quite strategic if you have your own transport.

Cons:
1) The attitude of staffs is a bit rigid and dogmatic on their policy. Their buffet breakfast starts at 7:30am. On the last day of my stay, I went down to the lobby around 7:24am and when I was about to enter the cafeteria (Wine and Cigar Bar) to have my breakfast with my girl friend, I was stopped by a receptionist. I explained to her it was about 7:30am already and you know what, I was told that it was NOT YET EXACTLY 7:30AM. When I peek in through the glass door, everything was ready. I was really speechless. Then, I was waiting outside of the cafeteria and talking with my girl friend. Time past. By the time I looked at my watch, it was about 7:40am already. We were just sitting in front of them, waiting for the breakfast, but none of them remind us about the time. It was a bit disappointing.
2) The room is small.
3) Sound proofing is not that good. Early in the morning, I was awaken by noise coming from the outside of my room. It was a woman's voice. Laughing and laughing, non stop, very loudly. I had no idea whether she was a guest or a staff. My point is when there are people talking outside of your room, you can listen to what they say clearly. If they talk loudly, that's what you will get as well.
4) Parking lots are limited. If you make a booking during peak season, you will definitely be in trouble.
5) The bathroom is VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY small. It fact, it is the smallest hotel's bathroom I have ever used.
6) The design looks good but the room looks a bit old, mainly caused by cracking paints on the wall.
7) They don't provide 2 in 1 (or 3 in 1) shampoo (i.e. shampoo + body shampoo). Instead, they provide only soap and shampoo. To me, this is stingy.
8) TV reception is not that good as well. Although not all channels have blurry pictures, unfortunately, those I watch have blurry pictures -.-"
9) Water dispenser is unavailable.

In overall, this hotel is still a good hotel, especially the breakfast, but NOT as GOOD as what I have found from this website.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Sean442014
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Stayed 3 nights for photo shooting at JB. All staff is friendly. Having security and CCTV to ensure car is parking safely along the roadside. This is really good. Room is small, but is clean and comfortable. Breakfast having limited of choice but taste still ok. Consider the price is cheap compare to big hotel, I am quite satisfy with the service provided.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple