J Hotel(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
$18
Tune Hotel Danga Bay(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
$23
$108
$70
Trip.com
$87
$71
Agoda.com
Mutiara Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
$55
$39
Priceline
Thistle Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
$78
$26
$19
$441
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsplaza pelangimassage chairdesigner roomcold storagenasi lemakwelcome drinkhotel lobby lookshalf boiled eggscoffee makercable tvfried noodlesinterior designmineral watercounter staffdecent hotelparking ticketmin walk
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed in a family room for 4. The room was small and windowless but it didn't matter as we only stayed one night. The hotel is easy to find and there are coffee shops nearby. If you don't mind a 10 min walk it'll get you to a bigger restaurant and more eateries. Still, I think it's a convenient and nice play to stay if you're driving. If not, taxi is a must and they are not hard to find as Plaza Pelangi nearby. The buffet breakfast had limited choices but enough to keeps my family happy.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank KopiGian
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

I like to complain, but this may be my favorite hotel in the whole world! The staff is so kind and patient and truly is there to serve just you. The food is awesome: the breakfast is all hand prepared, with friendly staff, who will cook anything to order. The Nasi Lemak is the best in all of Malaysia. The owner is a kind and gentle man who makes it a point to greet visitors. The hotel location is so close to the bridge to Singapore, I stay there even during a Singapore visit! The room is spectacular, see the attached pictures photos. Beds are comfy and clean, with nice thick duvets. The rooms are small-ish but the bathroom is fantastic. Unlimited hot water, very large thick towels, and everything is spotless and clean. This is a great get away town, with lots to see and do. The staff will guide you to the beautiful shops and museums and cultural sites. The Pelangi mall is immediately next-door, with lots of Western style shopping and food. Don't miss the fun decorations inside Bliss Hotel... Very bright and colorful. This is an A+ hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank DavidPlate
Reviewed March 29, 2014

photo of bliss hotel is very nice and it was so good as to make us surprised that the hotel was far below expectations.
This hotel is old hotel that faces made lightly. carpet is very thin and ragged.
be careful if you pass the card is lost, you will be charged 20 rm
cleaning service could get in even we put a sign dont disturb
cleaning service always put clean clothes on a dirty carpet
no chairs in the room
wc and shower bath wearing very narrow folding doors
cramped and stuffy air despite already 30 turn on
sometimes like hard locked, so it should be a slam hard
expensiveness compared to the quality we received

Room Tip: be careful if you pass the card is lost, you will be charged 20 rm
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank rudiwan
Reviewed March 5, 2014

hotel is about 1 & 1/2 miles out of town on a busy dual carriageway which is also a regular bus route. side of hotel faces some waste ground (you might call it a field) just up the road are several eating options and we found a nice bar across the road.
easy travel into town for a couple of ringets and walkable if you have to (we did because whole city shut down for end of chinese newyear celerbrations)
per booked with agoda so room allocation was sorted quickly. recption looks very modern but the corridors upstairs were dark and dingy. our room (on the side) was clean as were the bedding and towels. had a couple of comfortable and peaceful nights sleep.
breakfast was local style be we found enough to eat that suited us.
crutial test - would we use it again - probably not

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank berni109
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This review has been a long time coming, and for that, to the staff and management of Bliss Boutique hotel, I do apologise.

I apologise because of this, ...we simply had the most wonderful time at Bliss and I wish I could have written this review much much sooner. Alas, schedules simply got in the way.

Our trip to Bliss was in November 2013. I planned a short getaway for my girlfriend's birthday. After reading the reviews here, I decided to give Bliss a try. I had one special request tho, and that was to be able to surprise my girlfriend by cooking breakfast for her at the breakfast lounge.

Ms Rani from Bliss called to clarify my (what must have been strange) request and was so very helpful in arranging for it to happen. Each step was coordinated to a tee so that my partner would be totally unaware of the surprise.

At check-in, we were greeted with genuine smiles. That was especially nice after a long trip down from KL.

We checked into our suite and were more than pleasantly surprised by the space and layout of it. Sat upon a white platform, was a grand king-sized bed - it was comfortable, so very comfortable. Directly behind the bed, separated by a feature wall was the humungous "wet" area which consisted of twin sinks, a standalone bathtub, bathroom with a rain shower to the right of the room and the loo to the left.

There were some really nice touches which showed that thought and care went into dressing the room. Tea lights placed in deep red holders were placed next to the bathtub for that little extra ambience if needed. The coffee maker (was it a Nespresso?) provided us with excellent java through our short stay. There was a recliner close to the bath, looking out the window you could just see the world, in this case, traffic on Jalan Tebrau, go by and a massage chair in the room as well - unfortunately tho, the neck rest was a little stained so we chose not to use it.

Ms Rani took personal attention to helping me organise the surprise after we checked-in as well. She was lovely enough to organise for rose petals and aromatherapy oils for my girlfriend to have a good soak in the bathtub - which she thoroughly enjoyed, while I caught up with world news on TV - i wish that there was football channels though, which would have made it perfect for me.

The next morning, after a quick pop over to Cold Storage about a 4-5 minute walk away for breakfast supplies, i brought my girlfriend down to the wine bar where breakfast was served where she was blown away by the surprise. That couldn't have been pulled off without the kindness and attention of both management and staff. There were a couple of hiccups along they way, but these were expertly outmanoeuvred by the staff to make things happen. Kudos to each and every one of you (should you read this)!

That said, I won't be able to provide a review of breakfast provided by Bliss, I'm afraid.

After two nights in the suite, we checked into another room for half a day while we waited for flights. It was smaller, but cosy, and I'd imagine having a good night's rest there.

There's plenty of good food in the vicinity, from good local fare to quality international cuisine, all within walking distance as well.

All in all, I'd definitely recommend Bliss Boutique. Our stay was made memorable by the sheer professionalism and genuine attention by Ms Rani and her staff as well as the lovely rooms and comfortable beds. I'm definitely coming back ....as a matter of fact, I'm checking in again tomorrow! :)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple