Tune Hotel Danga Bay(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
$30
$23
Thistle Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
$78
Trip.com
$87
$84
Agoda.com
Mutiara Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
$55
Princeton Hotel(Johor Bahru)
$26
$19
Priceline
J Hotel(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
$25
$20
Priceline
All reviewsplaza pelangimassage chairdesigner roomcold storagewelcome drinknasi lemakstayed in family roomhotel lobby looksmain doorhalf boiled eggscoffee makercable tvfried noodlesinterior designmineral watercounter staffdecent hotel
Reviewed March 5, 2014

hotel is about 1 & 1/2 miles out of town on a busy dual carriageway which is also a regular bus route. side of hotel faces some waste ground (you might call it a field) just up the road are several eating options and we found a nice bar across the road.
easy travel into town for a couple of ringets and walkable if you have to (we did because whole city shut down for end of chinese newyear celerbrations)
per booked with agoda so room allocation was sorted quickly. recption looks very modern but the corridors upstairs were dark and dingy. our room (on the side) was clean as were the bedding and towels. had a couple of comfortable and peaceful nights sleep.
breakfast was local style be we found enough to eat that suited us.
crutial test - would we use it again - probably not

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank berni109
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This review has been a long time coming, and for that, to the staff and management of Bliss Boutique hotel, I do apologise.

I apologise because of this, ...we simply had the most wonderful time at Bliss and I wish I could have written this review much much sooner. Alas, schedules simply got in the way.

Our trip to Bliss was in November 2013. I planned a short getaway for my girlfriend's birthday. After reading the reviews here, I decided to give Bliss a try. I had one special request tho, and that was to be able to surprise my girlfriend by cooking breakfast for her at the breakfast lounge.

Ms Rani from Bliss called to clarify my (what must have been strange) request and was so very helpful in arranging for it to happen. Each step was coordinated to a tee so that my partner would be totally unaware of the surprise.

At check-in, we were greeted with genuine smiles. That was especially nice after a long trip down from KL.

We checked into our suite and were more than pleasantly surprised by the space and layout of it. Sat upon a white platform, was a grand king-sized bed - it was comfortable, so very comfortable. Directly behind the bed, separated by a feature wall was the humungous "wet" area which consisted of twin sinks, a standalone bathtub, bathroom with a rain shower to the right of the room and the loo to the left.

There were some really nice touches which showed that thought and care went into dressing the room. Tea lights placed in deep red holders were placed next to the bathtub for that little extra ambience if needed. The coffee maker (was it a Nespresso?) provided us with excellent java through our short stay. There was a recliner close to the bath, looking out the window you could just see the world, in this case, traffic on Jalan Tebrau, go by and a massage chair in the room as well - unfortunately tho, the neck rest was a little stained so we chose not to use it.

Ms Rani took personal attention to helping me organise the surprise after we checked-in as well. She was lovely enough to organise for rose petals and aromatherapy oils for my girlfriend to have a good soak in the bathtub - which she thoroughly enjoyed, while I caught up with world news on TV - i wish that there was football channels though, which would have made it perfect for me.

The next morning, after a quick pop over to Cold Storage about a 4-5 minute walk away for breakfast supplies, i brought my girlfriend down to the wine bar where breakfast was served where she was blown away by the surprise. That couldn't have been pulled off without the kindness and attention of both management and staff. There were a couple of hiccups along they way, but these were expertly outmanoeuvred by the staff to make things happen. Kudos to each and every one of you (should you read this)!

That said, I won't be able to provide a review of breakfast provided by Bliss, I'm afraid.

After two nights in the suite, we checked into another room for half a day while we waited for flights. It was smaller, but cosy, and I'd imagine having a good night's rest there.

There's plenty of good food in the vicinity, from good local fare to quality international cuisine, all within walking distance as well.

All in all, I'd definitely recommend Bliss Boutique. Our stay was made memorable by the sheer professionalism and genuine attention by Ms Rani and her staff as well as the lovely rooms and comfortable beds. I'm definitely coming back ....as a matter of fact, I'm checking in again tomorrow! :)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank wholly_monk
Reviewed February 17, 2014

First visit to Bliss Hotel. Chose this hotel based on past reviews and decided to give it a shot. Hotel is just a short drive from the immigration. Not too difficult to find. Upon reaching the hotel, i saw that there was a car wash beside it and the car wash looked pretty professional. Its 12ringgit for a basic wash and vaccum. After the car wash, i drove to the front of the hotel and there were open lots reserved for guests at bliss hotel. Not that many lots though, about 10 or so. A security guy will be there to guide you into one of the lots. The hotel exterior looks really nice and bright with lots of colours. There is a minimart a few doors down and Plaza Pelangi is about 50m away. The hotel interior is very trendy and the staff at the reception were very cheerful and helpful. The hotel has colour themed based rooms and the staff showed us an album of all the rooms. We liked the Green Burst room as it had tassels around the bed and we loved the colour. I liked the security of the hotel, you have to tap your keycard to get access to where the elevator was. And the elevator itself was pretty cool, it was all touch screen. However upon reaching our room, we discovered that there wasn't a fridge. We called reception and checked. They mentioned that not all rooms have a fridge, so we requested to change our room and the staff were very helpful by bringing us to show the other available rooms which had fridges. We finally chose the lavender room as it was abit more spacious. The bed was nice and comfortable and the light fixtures were pretty nice. The room had nice big window but it can't be opened. The bathroom was really small but it had a nice overhead rainshower fixture. The room does not come with a dvd player, but you can call reception and request for one. Its a non smoking hotel so you can either smoke just outside the lobby or at the hotel's Wine & Cigar bar. The bar opens at 5pm and it has a decent stock and variety of wine. Breakfast is also at the same place with a decent buffet spread. If you are vegeterian, do inform the reception upon check in and the chef will specially prepare your breakfast according to your liking! Overall, i had a very pleasant stay at Bliss Hotel. Will definitely return again soon to check out the other colour themed rooms!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank kumarfromsingapore
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Like : Location is downtown, close to JB Central, room was quite spacious, customer service were nice.

Dislike : Price is too high, breakfast choice were too limited and they don't even have omelletes (it's our standard for breakfast anywhere), room wasn't very clean, small bathroom.

Definitely not coming back here plainly because of its bad value.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank EightCloves
Reviewed February 1, 2014

This hotel gone beyond my expectations. Very good service plus very nice breakfast. The counter staff, cleaner, valet parking staff, maintainence service staff was professional and courtesy. It's was a great experience staying in this hotel. I will choose to stay here again. Room 02-108 was nice & cosy.

• Stayed: January 2014