Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru
Thistle Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
$76
$58
Mutiara Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
$55
$44
$75
$69
Trip.com
Tune Hotel Danga Bay(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
$22
$21
Hotel Jen Puteri Harbour, Johor(Johor Bahru)
$83
$70
$69
$64
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Swan Garden Hotel(Johor Bahru)
$35
$30
  • Restaurant
Bliss Boutique Hotel(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
$37
$20
$347
$301
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsjb sentralstrategic locationlocation is excellentcheck pointfood stallsnight marketclean hotelboutique hotelfront officebuffet breakfastpleasant staydeluxe roomimmigrationbackpackersbordermalaysiacons
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

It was a last minute attempt to book a room in Johor Bahru. I had asked for a room at the Puteri Pacific Johor Bahru, but they were fully booked. I looked up Agoda.com and came across Citrus Hotel. Not only was it directly opposite City Square, so convenient for those coming from across the Causeway, but it was a short 10-minute walk to the Puteri Pacific Johor Bahru, where I had a dinner event.
The reception staff was welcoming and checking in was hassle-free. The lady that checked me in was professional and she could very well be working in any top hotel in Johor Bahru. I was, however, uncomfortable when my room number was verbalized out loud when I was handed my room key. I felt guest security was compromised, in that sense.
The room was aesthetically pleasing. We had a blue room with a white chandelier appliqué on the wall. Walking along the corridor to the room, the smell of camphor permeated the air. So refreshing!
It was only a 1-night stay, but if I was in Johor Bahru again, I will not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank CCHSingapore
CitrusJB, Room Division Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Chuahkeeman

Greetings from Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru!

First and foremost I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and I was disappointed to hear about the events associated with your stay. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention as your feedback is beneficial in our journey to drive quality guest care and constantly look at ways to improve the experience for all of our guests. Rest assured that the team and I are looking into the issues you faced during your stay as I write this reply.

Once again, I thank you for your valuable feedback and I hope you would give us another opportunity to regain your trust and welcome you back as our guest in the near future.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Generally, this hotel is rated as a four stars hotel. However, in my opinion, the rate is not match with the real condition. The room is very small, not confortable at all, and full of dust. The bathroom's door cannot closed perfectly so every time we took a shower the water split everywhere. As our requested, we were given non-smoking room in third floor; but, in fact our room smelled cigarette smoke. The lift's capacity is very little and the lobby is very simple. The breakfast is poor. This hotel is near with city square mall and surrounded by shops. According to us, the only advantage of this hotel is the location that very near with the custom imigration.

Room Tip: Look at the room condition before you decide to stay.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
CitrusJB, Room Division Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Dear LaurensiusG

Greetings from Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru!

First and foremost I would like to apologize and I was disappointed to hear about the problems associated with your stay. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for bringing this to our attention the problems you have experienced as your feedback is beneficial in our journey to driver quality customer care and constantly look at ways to improve the experience for all of our guests. Rest assured the team and I are looking into the problems faced during your stay as I write this reply.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

excellent front desk staff, free wifi, beautiful rooms, nice mall view. indian temple around the corner. value for money. convenient to move around.....can even walk easily and cross over borders.. and get metro line to singapore....

Room Tip: road side rooms are the best.....you will enjoy while raining....
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
CitrusJB, Room Division Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear Ranga A

Greetings from Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru!

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru in this write up. I am pleased to know how much you had enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward seeing you again at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru soon!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

It's a good hotel (comparing to the hotels within the similar range). The location is very strategic, just a few minute walk to stalls, malls and even train and taxi station. The room was adequately furnished with TV and wide selection of channels.

The only major downside that I noted is the elevator. It's rather too small although there are two. It fits about 4-5 adults max.

The booking process was easy as you can do it online (remember to print out the reservation email, in case your booking is not sent to their database).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
CitrusJB, Room Division Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Chuahkeeman

Greetings from Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru!

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru in this write up. I am pleased to know how much you had enjoyed your stay with us especially its locality, value for money and service.

We look forward seeing you again at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru soon!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

firstly after read all the comments me n my family try to pick a date and stay again to see how goods and bad about this hotel.is it beyond my expectation or too bad...just figure it...

I'm trying to contact mr que, the person that i really respect and he is a friendly guy, call him arround 3am in the morning because we need to book a room and he pick up my call..what a shock...mostly sales person that i know didnt pick up their fone when you call them arround 6pm...but its different...so i book 1 standard room for two nights.

When im enter to this hotel, i saw mr que was smiling and greet me and my wife, and again i was shock he still remember me and my wife...wow its amazing ! So i got my room within 5 minutes..

For the breakfast side..for me the last one when im stay in this hotel its more better..but..i see all the workers on citrus cafe has done their jobs verry excellent.congrats for management. But once again i saw mr que ask me either coffee and tea..wow...is it from sales or fnb ? Im just confused..but the service was very good..

Maybe you will thing why im always said about mr que, because i've never seen a person that working with full of honest and their pride ! Congrates citrus hotel jb for a verry good service and congrats for sales n marketing to jave mr que !

When i want to check in agaim. Definetly i will call mr que !

Room Tip: Ask for front office about ticket to legoland and uss singapore.they have an arrangement for it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jamal A

Greetings from Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru!

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru in this write up. I am pleased to know how much you had enjoyed your stay with us not forgetting how pleased you are with Mr Que's service. I have passed on the comments to him, and rest assured we will continue to strive for the best experience a guest can receive.

Once again thank you, and we look forward seeing you again at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru soon!