Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
T-Hotel Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
View Hotel
JB Central Hotel(Johor Bahru)
  • Restaurant
  • Spa
Hotel J.B.(Johor Bahru)
  • Restaurant
Great 4.5/5
Good 3.5/5
Insta Hotel(Johor Bahru)
Good 3.5/5
JA Residence Hotel(Johor Bahru)
View Hotel
Baguss City Hotel(Johor Bahru)
Average 3/5
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Average 3/5
All reviewsjb sentralstrategic locationlocation is excellentcheck pointfood stallsnight marketclean hotelboutique hotelfront officebuffet breakfastpleasant staydeluxe roomimmigrationbackpackersbordermalaysiacons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is clean and staffs are helpful. I was staying at the 10th floor, which is suppose to be the club floor. It's a bit expensive compare to the room below, so occupancy is lower during my stay. The corridor light is dim and so a bit scary to me. Had nightmares both of the nights i stay there. Well, maybe its just me. If you count out the scary part, it's a pleasant hotel to stay, strategic location!

Room Tip: Not for the solo traveler.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Amy C
CitrusJB, Room Division Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear AmyC

Greetings from Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru!

I am pleased to know how much you had enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for letting us know how impressed you were with the service you received from our associates and not forgetting its value for money for its facilities, service and its locality.

Best Regards
Eugene

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have never visited a hotel before with such poor service. Our shower floor (in a club room) was black with mould, and after asking for it to be cleaned or for us to be moved, we were ignored, even after showing it to a staff member. After many complaints to staff to service our rooms (we had two rooms), we were given various excuses. On going to the front desk to complain again at 6.30pm, we backed off as there were dozens of people, including families with children, yelling at staff as they had been waiting since 2pm to get into their rooms. Finally at 8pm, we just asked for clean towels!
Also, we chose this hotel as they advertised free WiFi in the rooms, but it was nonexistent!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Bharp831

Greetings from Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru!

First and foremost I would like to apologize and I was disappointed to hear about the problems associated with your stay.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for bringing this to our attention the problems you have experienced. It is extremely important for us to hear comment like this so we can further improve and learn from your experience so that similar problems like this in the future can be prevented. Rest assured that the team and I are making every effort to improve on the points you have raised and I will certainly use this incident as a focal part to improve our products and services.

Best Regards
Eugene

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We spent a night as we arrived in JB, en route to Tioman and another night on the way back.
The hotel staff are friendly and efficient, lobby is well presented. Rooms are quite small, but very clean, good air con, hot showers and TV.
The breakfast included was quite good with good range of food and the service is good.

The location is great - next to City Square shopping complex and very close to the CIQ sentral train and bus station. Good restaurants in Jl Meldrum and markets nearby in Jl Seggis.

Room Tip: Many don't have windows, but we did not miss it.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
CitrusJB, Room Division Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Galvo1

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights in room 607. Booked the hotel because of the convenience of catching the Legoland bus at jb sentral which is about 10 minutes walk away. The hotel is also near to food and shopping mall. The room was alright, slightly dated but all worked well. Only complaint about the room was noisy exhaust fan in bathroom. Reception needs improvement as you need some patience dealing with them.

• Stayed: April 2013
CitrusJB, Room Division Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear Mimiesme

Greetings from Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru!

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru in this write up. I am pleased to know how much you had enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for letting us know how impressed you were with its value for money for its facilities.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I visited Johor in 1st April 2013, after several days of visit in Singapore. My initial plan was to attend invitation by Legoland marketing staff for site visit. Unfortunately, several things conspired against a perfect visit to Johor: my morning business meeting in Singapore proceeded longer than planned, I slipped and fell in one MRT station, and finally, got caught in severe traffic jam on the way to Woodlands. This series of unfortunate events makes me arriving very late to visit Legoland or enjoying Johor.
However, upon arriving at Citrus Hotel, things went upside down! We were greeted by friendly, attentive, and helpful receptionist. Despite of the delay in entering our room, we eventually got our room. About our room, I initially wants the blue room. But since it's only available on upper class rooms, so I decided to accept any room colors. However, upon entering my room, I was quite overjoyed to find out that it was the blue room ,and a window room too!
The hotel seemed to stood out against its rival in the neighborhood. I did saw other hotels, and they're all looks shabby, which is quite unfortunate, considering its strategic location near JB Sentral station, and the adjoining shopping center.
I've to say that my visit to Johor this time was almost a complete disaster, but somehow Citrus Hotel really saves my day. Many thanks Citrus Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Alexsdaddy

Greetings from Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru!

I am pleased to know how much you had enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for letting us know how impressed you were with the service you receive from our associates and not forgetting its value for money for its facilities and service.