Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru
Thistle Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
$77
$58
Agoda.com
Hotel Jen Puteri Harbour, Johor(Johor Bahru)
$105
$77
$22
Tune Hotel Danga Bay(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
$23
$22
$74
$68
Trip.com
$269
  • Breakfast included
Swan Garden Hotel(Johor Bahru)
$36
$31
  • Restaurant
$92
$59
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Mutiara Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
$51
$43
Priceline
Bliss Boutique Hotel(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
$36
$30
Agoda.com
All reviewsjb sentralstrategic locationlocation is excellentcheck pointfood stallsnight marketclean hotelboutique hotelfront officebuffet breakfastpleasant staydeluxe roomimmigrationbackpackersbordermalaysiacons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Our family stayed here for 2 nights. Receptionist is not helpful to us. Can't answer simple questions on where to ride the bus or taxi going to Lego Land. They told us to just go to the station and ask from there. They should give the tourist better information. Second, the housekeeping didn't give us any towels on our second night. We called the housekeeping and receptionist but they always say coming. Coming but it never came. We were angry because we have waited for more than an hour before it arrived. Check out time! Same receptionist can't help us, where can we ride a taxi going back to Singapore. They just told us, walk there and ask the Taxi.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Lim304
CitrusJB, Room Division Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear Lim304

Best Regards

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed at the Citrus Hotel in March 2013, in 2 deluxe rooms on the 9th floor. We had 2 rooms as we have 3 young children, and the family room would not quite accommodate us. However the 2 rooms were very cheap, so it worked out well.

First thing to say is that this hotel, from a family perspective, is only just suitable. It does not have a pool, or a kids' play area, and kids are not even permitted in the 'club lounge' on the 11th floor. It is quite simply a very convenient place to stay if you are planning to cross the border, or to visit Legoland Malaysia - a taxi there cost us RM30. So if you are planning on spending any time at all in the hotel, other than sleeping, it may not be what you're after.

We used it as a base to explore, and it was great for that. The breakfast was very good, verging on excellent. There was plenty of food, and a good variety too. There was enough fresh fruit, and the coffee was good!

The hotel is a mere 5 minute walk from the checkpoint to cross over into Singapore. This was a bonus for us as it made it easier to to nip over. It is also just across the road from 'City Square' - a mall and food court. So all in all, very well situated.

Something to look out for is the robustness of the baby cots. We used one of their cots, which collapsed on the first night, dropping our baby onto the floor. He was fine. The cot fittings needed tightening up though, so be sure to give them a good check if you have one.

The club lounge upstairs is okay, but nothing to get too excited about. It has free water, as well as some sandwiches and biscuits. It also has a great pool table and some comfortable seating. What they don't tell you though is that its opening hours are 9 til 5, which is just when you're out.

Overall, I would say that this place is clean, comfortable, and for the money is very good value. You can bring your kids here without worrying about their health. Oh, and there is free wifi everywhere, which is awesome.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
CitrusJB, Room Division Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Dear Alexsdaddy

Greetings from Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru!

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru in this write up.

I am pleased to know how much you had enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for letting us know how impressed you were with the service you receive from our associates and not forgetting its value for money for its facilities and service.

Warm regards
Eugene Liew

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This hotel had a tripadvisor decal on the lobby door so I hope the owner/manager can read this.

My better half and I checked into Citrus hotel in JB on Sat 23/03/13, Room reservation was via Citrus hotel website. We arrived at the hotel lobby about 3.15pm. Reservation said room with twin beds only was available. I said no because I specifically wrote in the remarks that I want a single (in this case, a Queen bed).

So they upgraded us from Standard to Superior. The so-called "boutique" hotels that I have checked into were all "shoe-box" sizes and this one was that too (wonder what the Standard looked like). The room appeared clean...however I thought the housekeeping was sloppy to say the least. Why?

1) They included toiletries such as razor kit and toothbrushes but gave two bottles of shampoo and no shower gel.
2) They included coffee/tea sachets and kettle but no drinks stirrers.
3) Hotels, including 'boutique' hotels included a box of soft/facial tissue..this room had none.
4) I mentioned that the room looked clean but we were scratching ourselves frequently in bed...mites or what? One of the pillow had a large urgly stain. The other pillow case had some black stains.
5) The pillow were way too thin...like sleeping without pillows.
6) Interestingly, the website "Safety Feature" list included "Do not disturb and Make up room sign" but this room did not have it.
7) when we checked out at 12.30pm the next day, we left behind a Giodano lady jeans and a bra. We realised this later and returned to the hotel at 4pm to ask about the items. No positive outcome.

What also bothered us was that we waited up to 4.40pm for news. First the receptionist told us there was no items left behind in the room...then upon clarification she realised she checked the wrong room. So she went off again...at 4.40pm I went to the counter to ask the status...there were 4 or 5 ladies at the counter chatting merrily and when they saw me, was surprised that I was still there...huh? We decided to leave without bothering to wait further.

My rate at RM$230 (++) included in-room wifi but was not available at checkin. Next morning I asked again and still not available.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BeachBoy_2013

Dear BeachBoy_2013

Greetings from Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru!

After investigations, we successfully recovered the items which were left behind in your actual room registered during check in instead of the one mentioned. It was also recorded that the items were claimed back by your kind self.

Best Regards

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is great; despite its unglazed windows, i would still rate this hotel pretty high.

The location is excellent, walking distance to everything worth going to, JB Bazzar, Johor City Square & other few attractions in the city. We stayed here for four nites and mind you i wasn't expecting much from this hotel.

Big points to the service staff, especially the housekeeping dept. Every time we returned from our travels on the day, it was very pleasent to see the room very very clean & in an orderly manner. A special thank you to the Housekeeping dept.

The opposite for the recption staff. We have made calls to the reception from the room about 5 times throughout. Before checking in to inform of our late check-in was similar. Three calls were made & on both occasions, no one was there pick up the phone.

Dear manager, please have a look into this.
The hard work of the housekeeping department has been rubbed off by the problems @ front office.

• Stayed: March 2013
CitrusJB, Room Division Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear 75TK

Greetings from Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru!

I feel privileged to have you stay with us during your visit to Johor Bahru. Thank you for taking the time to let us know what an enjoyable stay you had. I am particularly pleased to know that you enjoyed the hotel room layout, its value for money rooms and service.

First and foremost I would like to apologize and I was disappointed to hear about the problems associated with your stay. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for bringing this to our attention the problems you have experienced. It is extremely important for us to hear comment like this so we can further improve and learn from your experience so that similar problems like this in the future can be prevented. Rest assured that the team and I are making every effort to improve on the points you have raised and I will certainly use this incident as a focal part to improve our products and services.

The team and I certainly look forward to welcoming you back again. Thank you, once again for choosing Citrus Hotel, Johor Bahru as your preferred stay.

Regards

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Although this hotel is very central and is on a corner, there is no place for Taxi to park outside. Taxi's are at the end of the street, so If you have luggage you have to wheel it a long way. Not recommended for mature people. Reception check in staff are fine. They say they have renovated the rooms, but the one we had had tatty windows. As the hotel is in a busy area you can hear all of the traffic noise as the windows are not double glazed and are in a state of repair, joints have got sealant all over.The carpets in the whole hotel look tatty and grim. The room was small, with a small metal desk, see pictures, the bathroom area is very very tiny.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple