“Our Experience with Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru”

Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru
Ranked #37 of 108 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Singapore
“Our Experience with Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My initial perception of small and medium size hotels mushrooming in towns and cities was that of catering to budget travellers and tourists particularly to hitch hikers and backpackers. Therefore the level of standard is beyond expectation. However when I read the feedback from the Internet on Citrus Hotel, Johore Bharu, I gave myself a trial. Consequently I booked my reservation. When I arrived at the hotel the facade was average just like its surrounding buildings. I checked in at the reception counter. The staff attended to me was polite and courteous, helpful and knowledgeable. As a result I upgraded my room to a club room with a very reasonable addition to pay. The appearance of the front office was bright and cheerful. The room we occupied was clean, spacious and all the facilities were provided. Location is central, within walking distance to the mall, immigration and eateries.

We like the services because the staff members give their best to the request we made. Overall they are attentive, polite, helpful, cheerful, courteous and warm.

Room Tip: Pay a bit more and occupy a club room which is on the highest floor, non-smoking and a window.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Happylady_1811
EnegueWeil, Operations Executive at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Happylady_1811

Greetings from Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru!

Thank you for your generous compliments to our staff at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru. It is always a pleasure to be of assistance and when it makes a difference, and this is how it should feel. A refreshing review and makes me smile whenever guests are happy. I am also glad that you found the location, facilities and amenities of our hotel to your satisfaction.

We appreciate your positive comments about the friendly service you received during your stay, and it has been passed on to department heads and the hotel team members. We once again thank you for your support and appreciate you for taking the time to write this review.

The team members and I look forward to welcome you back home to our hotel whenever you drop by Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru!

Best regards
Eugene Liew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed September 9, 2012

This hotel is situated at an excellent location, just across JB Central to get to Singapore and next to JB City Square (a mall with everything under one roof). Informed the receptionist that we wanted a more quieter room away from the lifts and he happily obliged and arranged for us. We were given a room in level 10. The room and bathroom is clean, ac is efficient too. However, i find the wifi connection to be bad and not stable. The username and password provided and printed on the paper does not work and we had to call the reception to get another username and password. I was able to connect to the wifi but it dissapeared quickly. My sister had problem connecting to the wifi with the username and password providede by the receptionist. It seems like there are a few username different from the ones printed on the slip provided. Parking is a problem but we informed the hotel earlier during booking and a parking lot was reserved for us at a gas station nearby. Overall it is an excellent place, would definitely return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Christine C
EnegueWeil, Operations Executive at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Dear Christine C

Warmest greetings from Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru!

Thank you very much for the fantastic review and I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience. I am also particularly pleased to hear that you have enjoyed the hotel's locality, services and value for money.

With regards to the login username for the wireless internet, we are aware of the situation, and currently we are undergoing steps to further make it easier to log on. If it has caused you any trouble during your stay my sincere apologies.

We look forward to welcome you back when you drop by Johor in the near future!

Safe travels and take care
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Went for a shop trip and stay over the weekend. Service wise is good as I feedback that I would like to change a room with window. The staff arrange another room promptly.

Location is excellent the hotel is walking distance from the City Square. Business centre is cozy with the availability of pool table..

Would return to this hotel if I am intending to go for short trip again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
EnegueWeil, Operations Executive at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear BenLee_SG

Greetings from Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru!

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru in this write up.

I am pleased to know how much you had enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for letting us know how impressed you were with the service you receive from our associates.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm regards
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Ive stayed for 3d2n, last minute decision to stay in jb. Booked online and had a good price. We arrived late around 11pm from kl, and our 1st impression was whoa, this place looks like chow kit road. It's like a red district as its just around the corner to jb central. My only disappointment was there were no parking for guests! I have to park around 200m away from the hotel and worried the whole night about my car. there are couple of paid parking but the rate was rm2/hour! If I were to park the whole day then might as well get a better hotel with free and gated parking! Other than that we have no complaint except some stain on the towel. New hotel with good bed and carpeted inside the room.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
EnegueWeil, Operations Executive at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Yazid S

Seasons greetings from Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru!

We thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write such a great review. We are happy to hear you had a great stay except for the car park problem. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay. We have provided a car park map online at our website to assist guests on where their cars can be parked.

Once again, thank you for your invaluable feedback and we look forward to welcome you back when you return to Johor Bahru.

Regards
Eugene
Roma
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We were looking for an hotel close to Singapore and Citrus was perfect (right next to the customs'gates). The position was also nice to take a walk in the market area of Johor, which was really nice. Hotel was really clean and staff very nice and helpful. A really good balance within price and quality!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Tink1978

Greetings from Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru!

Thank you for staying with us and we are delighted to hear that your stay was an enjoyable and memorable one, as one would expect when staying at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, a brand under the Compass Hospitality group. I am also happy to hear that you have found our products and services good and value for money. Feedback like yours will motivate our staff to strive and serve our guests better.

The team and I look forward to your next stay with us at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru whenever you drop by Johor.

Warmest regards
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Staff was nice but more smile is needed.Lift was slow and small as what others has mentioned. Location wise was excellent as it was just a bridge across to City Square. Room was just nice, everything needed was available. Nothing much to complain about.

Room Tip: if you do not want to face 4 walls, it is better to choose a club room instead.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank PEili K
EnegueWeil, Operations Executive at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Dear PEili K

Warmest greetings from Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru

Thank you for staying with us and we are delighted to hear that your stay was enjoyable! I have taken note with regards to your points and feedback like yours will further motivate my associates to strive and serve our guests better.

The team and I look forward to welcome you back again to Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru whenever your travels brings you to Johor Bahru.

Warmest Regards
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed here just one night when we were travelling from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur. We chose this hotel bcause of it's location near JB Sentral. We walked down there with all of our luggage. We had a three person room (family) at the third floor. The room did not have a window so we did not suffer from outside noise. The room was nice but nothing special, although we liked the orange wall with giant painted chandelier. Breakfast was nice and staff was very friendly.

the towels and wall in the bathroom had some stains (probably old blood). Beds were comfortable, we slept really good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Miep_11

Warmest greetings from Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru!

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit and I have taken note pertaining to the towels and walls. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences it had caused you during your stay and rest assured that we have reviewed and a remedial process has been initiated.

Please do not hesitate to contact our office we can be of any assistance to you. The team and I look forward to welcome you back to Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru whenever your travels bring you back to Johor.

Regards