“First-hand accomodation experiences for travelers (Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru)” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru

Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru
Ranked #29 of 107 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Singapore, Singapore
“First-hand accomodation experiences for travelers (Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2011

Details of Hotel:

No. 16, Jalan Station, 80000 Johor Bahru, Johor Darul Ta'zim, Malaysia

Tel: (+607) 2222 888|Fax: (+607) 221 6412 |Mobile: +601 518 9402

Email: reservations@citrushoteljb.com

Website: www.citrushoteljb.com / www.compasshospitality.com

Me and my wife would like to comment on our good experience during our stay at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru . The hotel has well designed rooms with cozy ambience and well kept cleanliness in comparison with a few other hotels in Johor Bahru Malaysia.

The staffs at Citrus hotel were mostly courteous and helpful, in particular Jasvin and Kunman (I hope I got his name right-A small build malay gentleman with spectacle) as well one counter lady and the duty manager by the name of Leonard.

All of the staffs gave sincere greetings during Check In / Out sessions, especially Jasvin and Kunman who were most courteous throughout and helpful amongst all.
Great Job and Keep Up The Good Work!

Concerning Food and Amenities:

You’ll have a lot of choices of food as there are many food stalls in front and around Citrus Hotel. Money changers and ATM Machines (VISA/MASTERCARD accepted) and shopping centers are a stones throw away.

Recommendations to the Hotel Owner / Management Committee:
1) Install Hairdryers
2) Make avail Water Boilers
3) Provide complimentary 3 in 1 Coffee / Tea / Milo Sachets
4) Make avail Toothbrushes and Toothpastes

We will definitely choose Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru as our choice of accommodation as and when we visit Johor Bahru Malaysia again.

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms are good.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LJF73, Hotel Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this review, December 13, 2011
Dear ShawnAR1,

Warmest greetings from Citrus Hotel, Johor Bahru!

I would like to express our sincere thanks to you for choosing Citrus Hotel as your preferred choice of accommodation during your recent visit to Johor Bahru.

I am very grateful for your valuable feedback. It means so much to all the staff as it does to me, to know you were very pleased with the service, food and the overall experience at Citrus Hotel, Johor Bahru.

I have noted your concern on certain guest request items. Please note that these items are readily available thru the hotel Housekeeping Department. If it was unavailable during you previous stay, please accept my sincere apologies. Please be assured that we will address all points raised by looking into every minute detail in improving every aspect of our service.

The team and I look forward to your kind patronage to Citrus Hotel, Johor Bahru in the not too distant future.

Regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

My colleagues and I stayed at this hotel for 4 days 3 nights. They had a twin room with two single beds and I took ra room with a queen size bed. Here's my review:

Location:
- Excellent location
- 3 mins walk to City Square Plaza
- 5 mins walk to JB Sentral
- Banks, shopping, food: all within walking distance

Rooms:
- 1 queen size bed or two twin beds
- Bathroom attached
- TV with a few Astro and Singapore channels available
- Towels, shampoo and soap available
- Each room has its own air con unit and therefore you can control the temperature

Facilities:
- Cafe available on first floor

Pros:
- The room with the queen size bed is quite spacious
- Room has international plug sockets
- Room has safety deposit box
- Each room also comes with a door bell
- The staff are very friendly and cares about the feedback of the customers

Cons:
- Rooms are not very clean, has spiders (daddy long legs) running around (I killed about 4)
- Carpets are not very clean either
- Only one lift is working so it takes a bit of time for the lift to go up and down. If your room is not too high, I would suggest you take the lift
- The room with the twin beds is quite small

Room Tip: Ask for room with the queen size bed instead of twin beds as it is bigger
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LJF73, Hotel Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Dear hypernut,

Warmest greetings from Citrus Hotel, Johor Bahru!

I am particularly pleased to know that you enjoyed the hotel room layout with its amenities and the assistance of all the staff. It was also a disappointed to hear about the cleanliness of your room. There is simply no excuse on my part and I deeply apologize.

Rest assured that I have shared your comments with my Department Head concerned and immediate steps have been taken to ensure of no further reoccurrence. I am sure you recognize that your most recent experience is not typical of our usual levels of good service.

Once again dear hypernut - kindly accept my sincere and heartfelt apologies for the shortfall you have experienced. We would be absolutely delighted to have the opportunity to welcoming you again in the future so we may have the opportunity to re-establish ourselves in your good faith.

Regards.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

Overall it is a 5 star budget hotel. Good location, friendly staff, good food. Rooms are
comfortable. Value for money.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LJF73, Hotel Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Dear easaw v,

Greetings from Citrus Hotel, Johor Bahru!

I feel privileged to have you stay with us during your recent visit to Johor Bahru. Thank you for taking the time to let us know what an enjoyable stay you had. I am particularly pleased to know that you enjoyed the hotel room layout, our buffet spread at the hotel restaurant and the assistance of the staff. Your positive comments will guide us to upkeep and improve our levels of service and products.

The team and I certainly look forward to welcoming you back again. Thank you, once again for choosing Citrus Hotel, Johor Bahru as your preferred accommodation.

Best Regards.
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

The place was decent. That was important. As long as you can have a good night's sleep, the hotel is well worth it. The check-in process was a little bit confusing. Took quite some time, but managed to get thru. Booked online thru their website and got a free upgrade to the superior room. Tip no. 1: From what we were told, superior rooms have got no windows. True enough when we opened the door to our room, there were none. Although it was not a window, a small glass partition through the air well was sufficient enough to keep me from going into my claustraphobic mode. Looking at the floor plan behind the door, I believe that the cheaper standard rooms are equipped with windows.

Being a small hotel, they did a good job in outting their act together. Setbacks, personally for us, were minor. Lifts were under renovation, musky smell in the room (the carpet perhaps), non-connecting wi-fi and the funky smelling towel. The towel had a sweaty stinky smell that my wife refused to use it in fear of having a bad reaction to her skin. Guys used worst smelling towels during National Service, so I just held my breath while using the towel after shower. Only after I had used it twice, hung it up to air it, did she finally had the courage to use it.

"This towel smells like you, I can use. You use the other funky smelling one."

Gotta love her.

The superior room was very spacious. You could even put an extra single bed, a small dining table for 2, and still room to walk around in. For a small hotel, I was surprised that the bathroom was huge as well. Basic soap and shampoo were given. No hairdryer, shower cap or face towels. Tip no 2: the toilet door had an intresting concept to it. It was frosted glass from floor to ceiling. However it had no lock. Emm.. I can understand the zen concept. But no lock was going a bit too extreme. A simple latch or a hook will do. It's ok for me since I'm with my usual travelling partner a.k.a the wife. But I would be pretty uncomfortable if it was with a group of friends, or worse- my parents.

Anyway, the staff were friendly, greeted you with smiles, and the front desk guy apologised profusely for making you wait for that extra 10 seconds while they were on the phone resolving a check-in issue. We were not fussy but, they really made you feel special.

Breakfast was a spread. Presentable with good variety. No complaints to them. Get up early if you want a peaceful breakfast because as a seasoned traveller, I understand that most guests set their alarm clocks at 8am, and would trudge down at 8.30am.

All in all, a good value hotel. We were there for movies and street food. And movies and street food did we get. 5mins walk from the checkpoint. 90 seconds walk to City Square. Keep up the good service. But take a look at the towels and wi-fi issue. We look forward to staying there again for the next shopping and food hunts.

Room Tip: Standard rooms have windows, a must if you are claustraphobic like me. Book online for better deals...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear spidercat27,

Warmest greetings from Citrus Hotel, Johor Bahru!

I have noted your concern on certain guest request items. Please note that these items are readily available thru the hotel Housekeeping Department upon request. If it was unavailable during your stay, please accept my sincere apologies. As for the towels, all staff's concern have been briefed accordingly. Please be assured that we will address all points raised by looking into every minute detail in improving every aspect of our service.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

Was there for just a short getaway from SG. The staff was friendly although the process of checking-in took a little slightly longer than usual and there's only one staff at the counter. The lift was kind of slow and certain levels of the hotel was still under renovation. However, there wasn't much inconvenience caused. The room was clean and it would be better if there's a electric water kettle, toothbrushes provided for each room. However, the towels was stained and I actually asked for extra towels from the counter but the staff-in-charge told me they don't give out extra towels; Might wanna do something about it :) During the night, it's slightly noisy due to the shops below if you're staying at the lower level. I was staying at the fourth level back then! The breakfast was quite a spread and staff there was extremely helpful, polite and friendly! (Esp a guy with armsock & spiky hair! Didn't managed to get his name.)

Overall was a 7.5/10!
Great deco, friendly staff etc!
Will definitely come back!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LJF73, Hotel Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Dear Tish H,

Warmest greetings from Citrus Hotel, Johor Bahru!

I have noted your concern on certain guest request items. Please note that these items are readily available thru the hotel Housekeeping Department. If it was unavailable during you previous stay, please accept my sincere apologies. As for the towels, all staff's concern have been briefed that towels can be exchaged on a one to one basis. Please be assured that we will address all points raised by looking into every minute detail in improving every aspect of our service.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

Clean n fresh hotel, with superb location next to city square mall. Good breakfast n stands out from surrounding jaded hotels. Just wished that toothbrushes,extra pillows n hairdriers are provided!

• Stayed November 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LJF73, General Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Dear Herman_Zaidin,

Warmest greetings from Citrus Hotel, Johor Bahru!

I am very grateful for your valuable feedback. It means so much to all the staff as it does to me, to know you were very pleased with the service, food and overall experience at Citrus Hotel, Johor Bahru.

I have noted your concern on certain guest request items. Please note that these items are readily available thru the hotel Housekeeping Department. If it was unavailable during you previous stay, please accept my sincere apologies. Please be assured that we will address the points raised by looking into every minute detail in improving every aspect of our service.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

Service staffs were polite, helpful and obliging. Rooms were spotless, comfy and user-friendly. Apart from the outdoor surrounding which can be a little creepy at night, the hotel omits all that. The breakfast buffet spread were too good to be missed. I'll give an 8 out of 10.

Room Tip: Don't trust the pictures.....
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Noorendy
LJF73, Hotel Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Dear Noorendy,

Greetings from Citrus Hotel, Johor Bahru!

I feel privileged to have you stay with us during your recent visit to Johor Bahru. Thank you for taking the time to let us know what an enjoyable stay you had. I am particularly pleased to know that you enjoyed the buffet spread at the hotel restaurant. Your positive comments will guide us to upkeep and improve our levels of service and products.

Best Regards.