“The place to stay one or two night”

Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru
Ranked #31 of 108 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Sentosa Island, Singapore
“The place to stay one or two night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

This is my 2nd time stayed here still i can say clean room and decent breakfast but if possible the manangement can do some thing that people might think is a minor for eg: in the room there is a table and sofa possible at least there a chair too , not forget the staff was friendly such like Haqem and hayati they are really helpful, just 3 -5 minit to the CitySquare shopping mall , last but not least not only Great Location Value for money but Pleasent to stay and Definitely I'll came back here Again in Citrus Hotel JB , here I Would like to say to all The Staff Thank You so much . D'Rock

Room Tip: For the travler choose room with view either high floor or not as long there is view
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
LJF73, Hotel Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Dear D'Rock,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I have passed on your compliments to Haqem & Hayati at the reception. It means so much to all the staff as it does to me, to know you were very pleased with the service.

Rest assured that the team and I will not rest on our laurels and if need to, I will upgrade our guestrooms and furnishings to deliver a better hospitality experience.

The team and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back home to Citrus Hotel, Johor Bahru.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

I am pleased to write about Citrus Hotel in Johor Bahru. It was my mom in laws 54th birthday and it was a last minute decision to book for her a hotel. My dad in law wanted to bring her across the border for a quick break so I went searching for a hotel near the central. Citrus Hotel is brand new and it is just across City Square Mall. It was very accessible and interior is cozy and clean. The interior was modern and refreshing. It is very affordable. I also made a request to the hotel a day before to come up with a little surprise for her. As soon as they checked in and was in their room, the manager came up with a cake and wished her happy birthday. When she came back she told me she was very touched that I made the request but overall I am touched with the hotel's service. It was nice of them to expedite my request at the very last minute. My in laws loved the hotel and had a good night's rest. I strongly recommend this hotel if you are across the border from Singapore and need a place to relax for the night. Thank you Citrus Hotel staff and management for your extra mile to service the guests in the hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
LJF73, Hotel Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this review, September 25, 2011
Dear Addicted2vacays,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay posted on TripAdvisor.

I am most delighted to learn that your in-law's had thoroughly enjoyed the stay with us. It is also rewarding to know that our teams' efforts to provide exceptional experiences are appreciated. They join me in thanking you for acknowledging their efforts. The team and I will surely look forward to welcoming your family and you again for another memorable hotel experience with us soon!

Bandung, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

Stayed there with my family for 1 night because we need to cross the border the next morning. The location is great, in the center of JB, a big mall in front of the hotel, walkable distance to immigration checkpoint. The room is ok, could help with further improvement. The toilet door does not aligned when closed and has no lock.
Hope the elevator upgrade work would finish soon as the old one is tiny and kind of daunting :) Breakfast is above expectation. Friendly staffs.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Chandra P
Dear Chandra P,

Thank you for choosing to reside with us at Citrus Hotel, Johor Bahru. I am honoured and privileged to have you stay with us during your visit.

I am very grateful for your valuable feedback and would like to express our sincere regrets for any discomfort caused during your stay with us. I assure you that the new elevator will be operational soon. Please be assured that we have not only taken note of your other comments but will address them by looking into every minute detail in improving every aspect of our service.

We strongly believe we have the vital components in place to provide consistent quality service and products, and I look forward to welcome you back during your next visit to Johor Bahru.

Thank You.
Taipei City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

Stayed one night and while it served its purpose it could be better.

First the good:
-decent breakfast
-helpful staff (the elevators were out and some poor man was lugging everyone's bags up and down the many flights of stairs.
-clean rooms
-within walking distance from the Singapore border crossing

Where they can improve:
-bed are tiny
-very loud at night
-some clueless staff at the front desk (though one man finally sorted things out).

Can't say I had a terrible time, but cannot say I will stay there again either. Whoever took the photos for this hotel should win an award.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
LJF73, Hotel Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this review, September 18, 2011
Dear bigmaninalittleland,

Thank you very much for taking the time to 'pen' down your detailed experiences during your stay with us.

I am disappointed that the hotel did not get all 'pros' on your list. With regards to you comment of the surrounding noise at night, the hotel is located in the heart of the city and the flow of traffic and rows of eateries may occasional raise the levels a tad bit.

As for my staff at the reception, rest assured that your comments have been shared with the department head concern. The team and I are making every effort to improve on the point you have described and will constantly educate our associates to improve our service quality.

I hope to be of service to you again soon so that the team and I may have the opportunity to change your opinion of us to a more favorable one.

Thank you.
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

We are from KL and its our very first time staying in a hotel located in JB but we truly enjoy our stay in Citrus Hotel. Though at first we were curious how the room and hotel will turn out and to our suprising the hotel was very nice and so are the rooms! Designs yet simple and modern! Love the colors especially!

When we first checked in , we even requested for a blue color room! The front office agent, Hayati and her supervisor Mr Jasvin had the sincerity and time to check for me . I was suprised and happy that they even take the time and their best to provide what i requested. Lift was under construction works therefore we waited some time for the lift but Mr Sam (security) had ensure everything was alright! and we finally got to our room and it was BLUE and I booked for a deluxe room . It was so spacious and breathtaking! Makes the money worth it !

Rooms are clean and designs are very modern where they dont provide those creepy feeling. It was very comfy and clean! Had a good night sleep . Though ours was a 1 day short trip , hotel staff had made our stay a pleasant and memorable one! Definitely good service and very courteous to our needs. They even took the trouble to give a courtesy call!

I, myself working in a 5 star resort hotel and definitely Citrus Hotel have the standards to what it takes and their service should be well appreciated and valued ! Keep it up!

Thank you so much for the memorable stay and definitely we will be back again! *Hopefully renovation works will be done by then!

Room Tip: Its better to choose a higher floor as to get a better view and to avoid the noises from the hawker...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KKuan
LJF73, Hotel Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this review, September 4, 2011
Dear KKuan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback via TripAdvisor.com and for selecting Citrus Hotel as your preferred hotel during your recent visit to Johor Bahru.

I am certainly pleased to know that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and It is such an honour to learn of your commendations towards my associates. The team at Citrus Hotel, Johor Bahru too joins me in thanking you for recognising our efforts in creating a memorable hotel experiences for our guests.
Taipei
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

The manger-Jeason was so nice. He gave us a lot of information . They room was clean. And their food was delicious. It is a good hotel.

Room Tip: family room
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
LJF73, Hotel Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this review, August 21, 2011
Dear Phypi,

Warmest greetings from Citrus Hotel, Johor Bahru!

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what an enjoyable stay you had. We are pleased you had such a great time. Your kind words regarding my associate will be extended to him. It leaves us now to look forward to welcoming you back to Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, many more times in the not too distant future and we will continue to deliver the highest standard of renowned Asian hospitality that you have now come to associate with us.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

I made the choice to stay at Citrus knowing full well that it is newly renovated l from the preceding horror show called A-Vista Melati hotel

1/ The location is convenient enough but you must do something about parking availability since you don't have your own parking lot. How about making a deal with the adjoining buildings to give complimentary parking spaces? Its cost me RM 28/night to park at the opposite central hotel parking basement that smells like a urinal.

2/ Hotel front desk - please train them! I presented my online purchased coupon and the guy was staring at it for over a minute. Literally staring, basically no idea what that piece of paper was. Other FO staff passed by and saw him staring but they didn't seem at all concerned about their colleague's sudden withdrawal syndrome. It took over 15 mins to check in. There were no other guests checking in - that's rather inefficient.

3/ 2 Elevators - One out of service, the other down for over 30 mins min one night. We had to walk up to 9th floor eventually. Is this deliberate in lieu of a gym or health club facilities?

And on other occasions when the elevator did work, I saw your staff keeping its door open by shoving a towel in between the door shutter. THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO KEEP AN ELEVATOR DOOR OPEN! No wonder it broke down. You are suppose to use a key to lock it down to keep the doors open!

4/ My friend had a room that had a bathroom of which the glass entrance door pushes in and does not fit the ceiling! Upon opening, the glass door scrapes the bathroom ceiling sending plaster flying every time. Did anyone realize this? The contractors? The cleaning staff? The management? Anyone? Or you let your guests do your QC for you?

My room had a pull out acrylic bathroom door that is perfect. Why no standardization in 2 identical rooms on same floor?

5/ Do you do pest control? My room had a cockroach. My friend's room had a lizard. I don't know what pests/animals other rooms have.

6/ Did you guys check the plumbing before you let us in? My bathroom flooded after showers.

Otherwise it was ok and the bed was quite nice.

Room Tip: No point, no matter what you say the staff would still look dumbfounded.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
LJF73, Hotel Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Dear Ivan P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback via TripAdvisor.com and for selecting Citrus Johor Bahru as your preferred business hotel during your visit to Johor Bahru. Your feedback is beneficial in our journey to drive quality customer care, constantly look at ways to improve the experience for all of our guests.

With regards to the accessibility of a car park, I have been working on an offsite parking provider close to the hotel. We should come to an agreement soon. Please do note that we have advertised on all relevant websites, at this current juncture we do not provide parking facilities. The team at the reception would be able to recommend a cost effective parking area close to the hotel.

Please allow me to express my unreserved apologies for the experience you had especially with the elevators and at check in. The elevators are in the midst of being replaced and I am sure once complete, it would create a more enjoyable stay experience for all guests. Your experience at check in has been brought up to the team at Reception and necessary action immediately to prevent future occurrence are in place.

I have taken note of your feedbacks regarding the quality of the room, bath area, and pest problem. This matter is being dealt with as I write this reply. Rest assured that the team and I are making every effort to improve on the points you have described and constantly train our associates to improve the service quality. I will certainly use this incident as focal part of our educational cycle with my associates.

Once again, I thank you for your valuable feedback and I hope you would give us another opportunity to regain your trust and welcome you back as our guest in the near future.