“Great food & service”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Best steak house in JB. Steak was wonderful and cooked to perfection. My kids had a customized grilled chicken spaghetti and they loved it. The grilled chicken was moist and tender. Had the choc lava cake and it was simply wonderful!! Great job guys!! Will visit again soon.

1  Thank AdrianLissa
There are newer reviews for Grill Bar

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Ah some Steak in a world of Asian food. I was part of a monthly members ride with the Harley Owners Group Singapore. We rode up into Southern Malaysia and ended up here for lunch. There were a few choices on our set menu for the day for this group. I did have a quick squiz at the main menu, looked good. Yes I love my asian food, however as a Cacasian I love my western food more. The salad was well prepared and tasty with a garlic bread nice and crispy. I could have had a second one. There were hamburgers on order or fillet Steak Migon. although the burgers looked really good we opted for the Steak, I wanted medium rare, mine was perfect! There are the normal sides such as fries, again nice and crispy. Like your beer then there is a large selection from the US or Europe.This is a very good restuarant Bar and Grill with a classy biking theme. There are loads of great motorcycle photos. I will go back anyday.

1  Thank ronaldlee
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I loves grill food. We ordered one Grill salmon and mushroom chicken, the menu is not much. But these 2 just surprisingly suit our taste, and we think it's delicious. I likes my mushroom cheddar chicken, the skin is removed, the cheddar on top cover mushroom and bottom is the chicken. Smooth and juicy. =) GREAT! I love this soooo much... We went on Fri night around 6.30pm the waiters told us they are fully book. At the end, they gives us a table, but told us to finish before 8pm.End up we finished around 7.40pm. =) BTW, I will go back again next time, and remember to make reservations! ;)

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Yet another easy breezy affair at my favourite place everytime i crave for prime wagyu & out of the world, yummy desserts made from scratch. I wished Grillbar is readily available across the straits but i am at the same time, elated that i can be away from the busy city & enjoy my dinner in a cosy, tastefully decorated ambience. The owner took pride in not only his menu but down to the furniture & even the music he played in the restaurant. This time i want to rave about his lamb rack, specially recommended by the chef himself. For those who want to change your opinion about lamb, it is a must to try them! Don't trust me, try them yourself.

1  Thank tsyun
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Look this place is small, quaint and serves good food.It has a good ambiance for a restaurant if you are happy to pay $100 usd for a steak in Johor Mahru, Malaysia.I came in and ordered enough for 3 people for take out because my wife and daughter were back at the hotel.I searched here and read the reviews.Everything was fine, until the bill came and I realized they charged by weight for steaks.I would have been ok with it if I actually had the astronomical amount in Mayalsian Ringettes in my wallet.So I will agree that I was not 110% diligent there.However the menu does not indicate that and a plate of pasta is 35 ringets, bruscheta is 16, but the only prices not listed on menu are for steaks.When I received the bill and inquired, they brought a sandwich board that reminded me of happy hour specials in University Town bars, not a place that charges upscale prices for a steak, and said the information was listed there.Either have no prices on anything and no sandwich board, or list the prices,or better still indicate on the menu you pay in weight.

Honestly it was more like a diner atmosphere.Seating was crampted, the place is narrow.Servers were friendly and helpful.The place has motorcyle pictures plastered all over the walls and the chef has his Harley parked outside with a sign on the seat saying its his and do not sit n it.I am a sport bike guy who enjoys bikes, but not so much that I want to make a monthly payment for a meal for 3 for this guys Harley.

You can be the judge.

Oh yea, the kicker was when I got home.I ordered a well done steak for my wife and when we opened it, it was medium rare at best. This was after 20 minutes in its container.Imagine what it was like when they put it in the container.It was tender, but not cooked like we asked for.After it digested, I have some suspicions about meat tenderizer as well.

I'll be honest, the food was good, but most American or European Steakhouse would come out ahead, especially for the prices.I know of one highly rated place in South Beach, Miami, where the bill reflects the product.I can't say the same here.

7  Thank H M