“A pleasant and comfortable stay with pleasant smiling staffs”
Review of Grill Bar

Grill Bar
Ranked #50 of 899 Restaurants in Johor Bahru
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Ipoh, Malaysia
“A pleasant and comfortable stay with pleasant smiling staffs”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The location and convenience is excellent with no traffic crawls. It might be a slight distant from town (about 1 km) but it is reachable by a gentle walk.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Jeyasingam R

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Bengaluru, India
“Nice ambience, friendly staff, steak so so”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I went there once with my family after all the rave about the latest steak house in town. As i entered, the interior was very warm, with very nice wall art also. I went for the black angus steak. No doubt the steak was cooked to my liking, tender and well seasoned. BUT as i took a few more bites, there's a funny taste. I think it came from the grill on which the steak was cooked, as if they hadn't cleaned the grill properly from previous lunch/dinner services. It tasted of stale oil and that was slightly off putting, knowing that such a fine establishment did not clean their equipments properly. My family who ordered other items such as pastas did not have any wrong taste in their food though.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Mattson92
Johor
“Excellent service, unique ambience, good steaks!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Grillbar Steakhouse was my daughter's choice and she's been patronizing the restaurant for so many times. My daughter and my son in law insist on asking us to try the steaks there. I was there for the first time with my husband and my son and we were seated at a table which is really near the entrance walkway even though we had a reservation. The menu was given and then came this gentlemen called Jeff (most probably the manager) attend to us and recommended steaks and appetizer for our dinner. He was very pleasant and has a good communication skills and knowledge cos we can see by the way he present himself with humble, great sense of humour and pride which is something really hard to find in johor bahru restaurants. He highly recommended us to try out steaks so i have decided to have the wagyu, my husband had angus ribeye and my son had this pulled beef burger. The appetizer came pretty fast and we didnt realize the time flies in there with their unique ambience, great service and nice music. When the steaks arrive it was really over whelming with the presentation. However i still think there's need some improvement with their food. The steak was nicely done but the were sauce everywhere on the starch and the vege. Other than that it was a great experience over all and i'll definitely recommend this place to all my clients and friends. This a definitely a good restaurant in Johor Bahru for a good meal and great service that worth your money.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Ms_Slick75
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
“Good food. Good atmosphere. Bad fries”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I went there with two of my friends. We find the place to be very cozy and the atmosphere very comfortable (although the outward appearance of the restaurant looks a little bit dodgy). The waiters were also very friendly.

We ordered two steaks and a chicken breast dish. My apologies for not remembering the dishes we had. The waiting time was okay, not too long. The appearance of the dishes were very appetising and good. Although the fries seem to be a bit "cheap" for the price we pay. Its like the fries you find at Mcdonald's/KFC/burger king. You would expect they to prepare higher standard of fries when you are eating in Grill Bar. Nontheless, the taste of the food was excellent.

Anyone who would like to have steaks, Grill Bar is one of the bests in JB. The atmosphere is very cozy, good for friends or family gathering (but make sure your wallet is loaded). However, dont expect the fries to be of too high standard.

Cheers! Hope you enjoy the food at Grill Bar as much as we did

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank TheAvidTraveller92
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
“Good atmosphere and friendly staff”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

A first choice whenever i organise friends'gathering, very cozy place, staff makes me feel like home, food are tasty, i love their blacken fish, aglio olio and duck confit, not forgetting the scallop as appetizer, seriously, i couldnt find any restaurant serving better aglio olio than GrillBar in JB yet!! Well, the only thing i always feel bad is that they dont serve cocktail, to me is a big no-no...

• Visited March 2013