“One of my favorite restaurant”
Review of Grill Bar

Grill Bar
Ranked #60 of 946 Restaurants in Johor Bahru
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I went this restaurant since they open, I love their mushroom soup, really different from others, they added some quite expensive stuff, really 1st class, the best for me so far, all my friends love it.

Also their beef, you must try their Wayu PRIME and one more is on the menu the beef page at the bottom corner, they don't serve these type of beef every day, the normal Wayu won't be so nice, I don't think you will enjoy it, you may ask for more sauce if you find it not enough, I always ask for more black pepper sauce. Thus, ask for medium cook, this would bring you very nice smell and tasty for your every bites, hmmm...lovely

Those don't take beef, may try their Chicken with a name like "Old school grill chicken".
Must try their dessert, "Chocolate lawa", this dessert would takes up to 15mins, so don't order after your main course, unless you want to sit there for whole night, hehehe.

I don't have many pictures to show, as I went there quite often, at least once a week or sometimes three times a week, so I don't take picture. I will take next time.

3  Thank GinaKoh

Reviewed November 14, 2011

I have eaten in this restaurant 3 times. The serve very good steak, especially the fillet mignon. However, the side dish and sauce is always the same regardless of the cut. They don't seem to have black pepper sauce. The steak is served with very little sauce.

I only go to this restaurant for their steak. I once ordered a wagyu beef steak with a marbling score of 8 but it was horrible and not tender at all. That said, I will stick with their signature fillet mignon (tenderloin) which is tender and delicious. In terms of quality and value for money, I would give this restaurant an average rating.

2  Thank scqs
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Been there a few days ago to celebrate my birthday.
I am from Singapore and I went there just to eat the steak. The food is really good and their service is excellent too!! Despite having to travel for quite a distant, I'll definitely be back for more. You will need to to try their steak and Lava Choco Cake to get what I mean. You just might get addicted to it.

5  Thank Vinessa
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Today just took my lunch at Grill Bar Steakhouse Johor Bahru will my colleague. I am very disappointed on the restaurant cleanliness, as I found a BIG cockroach hide inside the glass of putting napkin. While I am yelling, the waitress came to kill the cockroach immediately in front of us by her leg and quickly pickup the dirty things and throw it away. Their service is even worse, the PIC/manger was never come to apologize and explain on this matters. OMG, I can’t image all these is happened in a restaurant!!!!!

10  Thank ttyynngg
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Grillbar serve the best western food i ever tasted! Although its abit pricey than other restaurant, but the satisfaction you get make it worth it all! They also served promo set lunch where you can get the same great taste at a more affortable price.

They are famous for their delicious Wagyu Beef, but that doesn't mean the other dishes will be much inferior to that. Here are some of my recommendation:
Coq Au Vin- Grilled chicken marinated with Red wine make it taste exceptionally tender and delicious!
Grilled Butterfish- The first thought i had when i first taste it was 'Is this fish??' Its was so tender and creamy that it practically melt in my mouth, it was really an unforgettable taste!
Dessert time! Tried all the dessert on their menu and these are the must-try!
Strawberry sabayon - Strawberry and almond in creamy sabayon, served with crispy cinnamon sticks where you can dip them in.
Creme Brulee - Love the burnt caramel on top of it!
Choc Lava cake - Hot choc flow out from the cake just like lava flowing out from the volcano, delicious!

The place is usually cosy and relaxing for a nice meal,but it can get quite noisy when its fully packed with people.

Their staff are always attentive to our needs, with positive attitudes and great smile, we did had a pleasant dining experiences with them.
This great taste always make me come back for more. You just need to try it once to become their regular customers :)

4  Thank Swen_yean