“Nice breeze by the sea...eating seafood”

Restoran Todak (Orang Asli)
Ranked #125 of 1,007 Restaurants in Johor Bahru
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Nice and good sea food under the stars by the sea...cant get any fresher seas food...must try the crab and steam fish...the salted egg crad is superb...skip the otah...gets crowded on weekends...go later and most the the good variety sea food is gone...

1  Thank DanChoo

Reviewed June 10, 2012

The seafood was fresh and prices reasonable. The setting was like a makeshift platform of the Johor coastline overlooking Singapore on the other side. Not much of a service here. We reached at 5.30 pm on a Sunday afternoon and the restaurant was half filled, judging from the car park, by mostly Singaporeans. By 6.30 pm, it was packed to the brim. It's quite a drive going to Telok Jawa from JB and there aren't any signboards except one just before the turn off into an unassuming road.

1  Thank Ed Na L
Reviewed June 8, 2012

i got lost trying to find this place though... But when i found it, there's a few seafood restaurants at the same row. As i walk towards Todak, there's ALOT of people. it was 8pm. U have to be early if u want to grab a place with ease & place order easily without having to wait or fight with other impatient customers who keep trying to get the workers to tend to them first. When i order, i didn't care bout the price. I ordered 2 crabs, slipper lobsters, vege & a fish. all came out to be RM107! To me, the food is FRESH and reasonably price. more like CHEAP!!! U just gotta try this place.

2  Thank IceyK
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Restaurant on stilts right on the water offering fresh seafood at very reasonably prices. Don't expect fine dining setting and service, this is an old school Malaysian type joint. The ambience and feel of the place reflect a truly Malaysian culinary experience. I bring all my guest to JB there at least once.

1  Thank jsbhuller
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I went on a weekday for lunch. The food was good and really fresh. I wouldn't recommend the crabs though. It wasn't bad tasting, but probably because I am more used to the Singaporean way of cooking the dish. We had 5 people in our group and the bill came up to about RM250. We had crabs, prawns, clams, fish (really good!) and vegetables.

It was pretty hard to get the attentions of the staff though, even though there was only 3 tables during lunch. So we had to walk to the counter if we wanted to order more stuff or get the nutcracker for the crabs. So I can't imagine how it would be like during the peak periods.

We got lost on there way there but I guess part of the fun was finding the place. Anyways, on our way back, we realized that there is a new pasir gudang highway (sorry I can't really pin point how to get to the highway though) that was really easy to get to city square area. It took about twenty mins or so.

4  Thank phoebe308