“Bad sound insulation”

Ranked #67 of 110 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night in the family room. Room is nice in size,basic amenities supplied. Good water pressure in the toilet. Aircond is not so cold. What annoys me the most during my stay is the bad sound insulation. After a long journey,I cant hardly sleep due to the loud sound from the open chinese karaoke space behind the hotel.When I ask if I could change my room the manager said the family rooms are all facing the karaoke area. She even lied to me and say that the karaoke is some "religious activity/some sort of praying" and not fun karaoke session.Are you kidding me?People are not praying by singing K-Pop songs, do they? Breakfast - They only serve cereal and diluted condensed milk, bread and jam and bland taste fried rice, all which they dont bother to top up no matter how many people are having breakfast at that time.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank shireenMY
There are newer reviews for Grand Hallmark Hotel

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We booked into this hotel because of the offer it has with Legoland ticket. However, this hotel is totally not suitable for family with kids as both left and right side of the hotel were nightclubs with girls available. So we suspect, this hotel also cater for those who wish to have a few hours of joy. Staffs very friendly and polite, they also let us cancel one additional night booking without and payment. Unfortunately, we couldnt bare for another night after staying for a night due to the bad smell coming out from the air-con and bathroom, it was horrible. Furthermore, the bed sheet was stain with patches of yellowish color until we had to turn on and off the air-con instead of using the blanket. Other than that, we could heard loud music and bad singing from our room, it wasnt confortable at all staying here. I didnt rate this terrible, cause this hotel do cater mostly for business trip traveller which does mind the above said and their wifi is great!!

By the way, its nearer to Legoland if you stay at JB city than at taman molek.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Adrlow73
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel just because of we've got package with Legoland on one of coupon dealer.. so as for stayed just for two days one night(not exactly two days actually...) and we have to rushed out for Legoland in the morning.. For me this hotel it just nice hotel. Comfy bed, speed water jet bath but it just cramped for 4 of us (2 adult, 2 kids). My kids doesn't get running around our room.

Room Tip: You need google map to go to this place.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CeeTeeQQ
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Very good location, convenience, nearby the hotel have many restaurant / coffee shop / pub and vegetarian restaurant. (2 vegetarian restaurant here, if you are a vegetarian it must be great) friendly and careful staff, room are clean although is a bit old. But still value on money.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The room is ok with comfortable bed and pillows but the toilet is a bit dirty and the towel has some yellow stains on it. There are ample street parking just in front of the hotel. However, the staff are not so friendly and look so uninterested in their job. Besides, there are two pubs/karaoke next to the hotel and it was so noisy until 3am. I think this might be the main reason there are so few people staying at the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank awkeang
Grand-Hallmark-Hotel, Manager at Grand Hallmark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Hi Dear Sir/Mdm,

Thank you so much for the feedbacks. We will look into the matter urgently.

Regards,

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights and liked the place. They arranged the room nicely and we had some minor issues that they fixed promptly (regarding extra bed and the bathroom). I would recommend this hotel for guests with family. Ample parking space and nearby to ATM and convenience shops.
Friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the response. Yes corporate clients who frequently need to stay with us can sign up for a free membership and get a corporate rate discount.

I hope you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to serve you again in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Each time I went to this hotel, I will ask them to give me the front room with windows. And quite lucky, i was able to get the room with windows. I like the room because it has a nice table, nice bath room, water boiler for me to make noddle cup and coffee.
The front room on the left is quite big but the other one on the right side is smaller, but all room are at the same rates whether it has windows or without windows.
I don't mind the noisy karaoke neighbor because they stop after 3:00am so I sleep after 3:00am.
Last time the room rates was RM88 but now after they increase the room rates, I no more staying there.
You need to register with them (provide your company name/address, Job title) than you can get corporate rates which means a discount on the room rates. But since i am a freelance worker so i am unable to get the corporate rates.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo