“Recommended..!!”

Ranked #13 of 108 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Jakarta
“Recommended..!!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I like the location..specially because i drive rental car in Johor Bahru. Next to the hotel there is 7 Eleven, the hotel is value for money..i like cleanliness, our travel it only there for short..next trip jika kami kembali ke JB, akan menginap di hotel ini...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Dellyan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed October 17, 2013

It clean, comfort & affordable hotel in town. You may feel it is one of the best hotel in town. It value for money and not less for the comfort that you may not forget. What you need is just login to the tune hotel webpage and select what you need and pay just for what you need. A friendly reception also a best selling point for this hotel. Almost all the tune hotel located at the most accessible location for the most convenience of your trip.

Room Tip: Ask what you want at the reception.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
tuneh0tels, Manager at Tune Hotel Danga Bay, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the review.

We have always endeavored to provide the best within the limited service concept, happy to know you have come to agree with us on that.

We are happy when guests' are.

See you soon.

Rgds,
Sharon De Silva - Customer Care Manager
saigon
Reviewed October 16, 2013

It was ok but would I stay there again, no- mainly due to the noise-the corridors are very loud every door slam or footstep or child's scream is magnified quite times between 12 midnight and 6am.. Danaga bay is grim no sign of a bay just the sound of tile grinders -there is no atm for 3km, the travel shop next to the hotels doesn't take cards- the breakfast is to be avoided at all costs, do not book transport to Legoland as a you might not want to arrive 1 hour before it opens and leave 2 hours after it closes-that's all they had left not refundable- a taxi will be cheaper if there's more than 1 of you.

Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Value for money as you only pay for what you need. Comfortable bed and a good shower with warm water. Good location with lots of good restaurants nearby. Would recommend it to those who want to stay out the whole day visiting places around JB or Singapore. You can come back to the hotel to have a good rest after a tiring day.

Thanks for the review.

All guest feedback benchmarks our service and helps us review our standards, product and services.

I apologize we fell short of your expectations this time around. We hope your return stay will be a much pleasant one.

Thank you for taking time to write to us.

Warm Regards,
Sharon- Customer Care Manager
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed October 15, 2013

this is a pay for what you get hotel. As it was a long weekend with a public holiday thrown in for good measure, the hotels are fully booked. My fave of course was full when we called up. Leaving us with not much of a choice, Tune Hotel popped up with vacant rooms. The price we paid with the package inclu aircon, tv, wifi in a really small room was a tad too expensve when compared to my regular stay in another hotel nearby. Other than someone banging on another door at around 6am (Tune needs to have individual door bell installed!), the night was alright...and the window helps to 'make the room' bigger.

Lastly, forget the 24hr wifi and tv...not worth it when you are on 3G anyway but then again, you cannot really cheery pick! Plus you checked in at 1pm and STRICT 11am check out (they have this warning in BOLD at the reception) ~ so what 24hr???

Room Tip: STRICT 11am check out with this warning in BOLD at the reception! I think they will charge you if yo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank hurricanemax
tuneh0tels, Manager at Tune Hotel Danga Bay, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. Our limited service concept means that we reduce the room size and complimentary extras whilst simultaneously lowering the prices we offer.

Best rates are secured for the ones who book early. Subscribe to our newsletter for updates on deals and promotions.

About the noise, thanks for the feedback. We do try our best to seclude any guests with noise concerns on the quieter side of our building or floor and this generally helps. Please speak to the front desk for assistance.

Our check out is at 11am. We do not charge if you check out later but the key card will deactivate automatically 11am onwards; and since air conditioning, TV and WIFI is programmed onto the key card; those services would no longer be available.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip advisor.

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Warm Regards,
Sharon De Silva- Customer Care Manager
Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our family had a good holiday until it was ruined by their front desk staff Premjit Kaur.

We were booked for two rooms for two nights. However, I booked the additional amenities for the first night only, thinking it will be easy to upgrade for the second night. The kind lady who assisted us in our check in advised me to take the wi-fi code for one room only for the first night so we can still have Internet access for the second night.

The next day, after our legoland trip, when I went to the front desk, I was about to upgrade our amenities when I was immediately lectured by this rude lady with a raised voice saying that I only paid for the basic amenities for the second night so I should not look for more.she did not have her name tag and I was taken aback but determined not to let this uncouth woman ruin my long deserved family holiday so I let it pass. We decided that since it is only for another night, we just forego the TV since we can only understand national geographic anyway and we already have AC.

Afterwards, when I politely asked for the wi-fi code for the second room, she would not give it and insisted it was only for the first night, once again raising her voice at me like I am am illiterate and telling me I have no upgrades for the second night. I was so exasperated since she would not listen to my explanation and she spoke in the local dialect with Hadi, the other person at the counter, insisting that it was already unavailable for the second night..after another explanation with a seemingly rational Hadi, he apologized and gave me the password.

This Premjit was so nonchalant about it and just glared at me like I am taking undue advantage by getting the wi fi password. Being a lawyer, I felt so humiliated for being treated like I do not understand the terms and conditions of their contract. Still determined not to ruin our holiday, I went out for dinner first.

Yet when I went back to the counter to ask for her name, she was still rude and hostile, treating me in derogatory manner like she does not care if she offended me or not. This is not an attitude for someone in the hospitality industry and it really ruined our family mood. She does not deserve to work in tune hotels.Her attitude reflects badly not only for tune hotels but also for Malaysia.

There was no suggestion box nor were there any manager availabe to receive my grievance and it really negated all the good experiences we had through the trip.

2 Thank Exxygurl

Thanks for the review.

We note this feedback about the staff and we have taken the necessary action to remind and re-train on the areas which requires immediate attention.

Our staffs are trained to handle complaints and equally, manage service expectations. We apologize for the unsatisfactory level of responsiveness.

Thank you once again for highlighting the matter to us for our action.

Regards,
Sharon-Customer Care Manager
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed October 14, 2013

As this is a no-frills hotel you only pay for what you need, indeed a real value for money. The shower and the bed offer the convenience a traveler would need for a night or two. Te room is decent, clean and smells fresh.The location of the hotel is not in the city center but taxis are easily available for 12 ringgit from JB sentral immigration.

The reception staff is very helpful to get us a taxi to JB Sentral. There is food available in the hotel for small fee. One can choose american breakfast or buffet of malaysian cuisine.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for those who are on budget.

Room Tip: the reception staff can always help in whatever needs one has
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends