Tune Hotel Danga Bay
Mutiara Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
$50
$47
Thistle Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
$232
$78
Agoda.com
Swan Garden Hotel(Johor Bahru)
$34
  • Restaurant
$22
$21
Hotels.com
Bliss Boutique Hotel(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
$36
$31
Princeton Hotel(Johor Bahru)
$28
$20
Agoda.com
All reviewsbudget hotelpower showersinggah selaluuniversal studio singaporeplace to sleepthe ground floorrooms are smallhot showerown transportdouble roomparking spaceshort staystrategic locationstayed for nightslego landcomfy bedconnecting rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I've had more than 5 stays with them in 2012. Overall a decent hotel, very clean(if you don't look under the bed), super comfy bed and great shower. Have bus shuttles to Legoland and Singapore, convenient if you don't plan to drive. Has a cafe that offers some local food, not too expensive yet(RM3 for a cheese nan). Staffs are friendly and helpful. It's not too far from malls and JB major attractions, for me at least. Taxi fare should not exceed RM15 to the nearby malls or JB sentral. There are many hotels in Johor and other places in Malaysia. For me, I'll always go with them, unless I'm looking for a local themed hotel.

Though my advice- if your stay is more than 1 night, it's recommended that you remind the staffs to give you complete access to your room throughout your stay during check in. For all my stays I'm locked out of my room, no access to electricity during the second day and had to reprogram my key card at the lobby. It's not the worst of things but it's just inconvenient to go up and down the hotel.

Summary: recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013
tuneh0tels, Manager at Tune Hotel Danga Bay, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thanks for the review.

Clean and central. That's our pride. Our properties are always located centrally, at affordable prices. Our rooms are clean, secured and comfortable for a great slumber experience.

Keeping things clean, comfy and compact helps regulate affordable pricing, further translating them to saving for guests.

Thank you for tuning in and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future

Warm Regards,
De Silva - Customer Care Manager

Reviewed January 25, 2013

this budget hotel were on top of everything in term of budgeting your holiday..for me once in holiday mood..i rather being outside instead staying in hotel room so why need luxury and hi end accomodation while most of the time i'll spending my time outside of the room...dont waste money on luxury hotel and those money could be spend for you to buy souvenir elsewhere... the room quite small but the bed..omg once i lay may body onto it...it felt like the bruno mars song-lazy song-feeling....it so soft and the pillow so fluffy and duvet could keep you warm (i choose fan instead of ac)..the bathroom facility exceeding my expectation and it better than any budget hotel...

yes they are right 5 star sleeping experience at 1 star price...they mean what they said...for those who are planning to go universal studio singapore or legoland malaysia, tune hotel is perfect..they have 7 eleven, could bought bus ticket to uss, legoland or jpo..they have the package (third party company)...easy to reach but the road quite complicated..but then if you are used to the road in kl...jb is just a piece of cake in term to tackle it hay wire road link system...go holiday guy..it worth every penny

Room Tip: go book early since their promotion price is cheaper than any budget hotel nearby...dont go for the cozy package and their entertainment package in such you could save more money for stay and have more money for you to spend...dont go to eat at nearby eating place except tune hotel reastaurant because they are extremely expensive...just have to pay for the room and all the soap, towel bring together for you to save money a lot..i mean really worth it guys believe me...enjoy your stay
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the TA review.

We provide the basic for a good night sleep; clean rooms, comfortable beds and relaxing power shower for a great slumber experience

Providing the basic helps keep prices competitive. This allows great band of affordability particularly targeted at the value-conscious travelers.

Many find our concept great-value for money.

Thanks for the review and I hope you'll continue being a fan.

Regards,
De Silva-Customer Care Manager

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I always got a promo price for johor tune.
staff were friendly. there is a shuttle bus to universal studios singapore. and also close to Danga Bay.

for a transit from Singapore or Kuala Lumpur is the perfect place

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the review .I am happy to know how we have met your requirements perfectly.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future

Rgds,
Sharon De Silva - Customer Care Manager

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Recently on a Saturday, I stayed over at the Tune Hotel @ Danga Bay. I had parked my car inside the hotel compound (hotel open-car park). I had parked my car very near the front entrance Guard Post. Roughly about 6 meters from the guard post.
The next morning, after checking out, proceeded towards the car and to my utmost horror, there was plastic sheet over my window (pasted by the security guards probably). I soon realised that my rear door window had been smashed. I looked on in utter disbelieve. It was so shocking. The car was parked so close to the hotel lobby and the guard post and inside the hotel compound. Such a thing can happen?? The hotel did not make a police report. Only in the morning, I made a police report by myself. I am aware that it is not the hotel's liability in such cases but I thought parking near the security guard post/hotel lobby would have deterred the robbers and perhaps the guards would have heard the car alarm. But I was totally wrong. Such security lapses bring shame to the hotel management.
Food for thought -If any tom dick and harry can enter the hotel premises and commit such a crime, even in front of the hotel lobby and the guard house, then I see nothing preventing those criminals in accessing the lift (lift has no card access- or any form of security measures to prevent unauthorized access to guest rooms) and entering guest rooms where your family may be sleeping.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
10  Thank keem1612
Reviewed January 20, 2013

affordable!the room are nice and clean.Staying with 5 star bed surely accompany you with sweetest dream and pleasant sleep. Pricely comfortable and dynamic choseble add on making the stay more lively and satisfy the needs.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing a Trip Advisor Review on your recent visit to our hotel

We offer the basic; a comfortable bed and hot shower for a wonderful slumber experience, always located centrally, all at extremely affordable prices.

It's rewarding to have guests return with great feedback like yours, and we are happy to have made your stay and a warmly memorable experience.

Tune is a charm for the ones looking for a place that is clean, secure and value for money.

We wish to receive you again amongst us for another amazing experience.

Warm Regards,