“Car break in during stay in Tune Hotel Danga Bay”

Tune Hotel Danga Bay
Ranked #13 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Recently on a Saturday, I stayed over at the Tune Hotel @ Danga Bay. I had parked my car inside the hotel compound (hotel open-car park). I had parked my car very near the front entrance Guard Post. Roughly about 6 meters from the guard post.
The next morning, after checking out, proceeded towards the car and to my utmost horror, there was plastic sheet over my window (pasted by the security guards probably). I soon realised that my rear door window had been smashed. I looked on in utter disbelieve. It was so shocking. The car was parked so close to the hotel lobby and the guard post and inside the hotel compound. Such a thing can happen?? The hotel did not make a police report. Only in the morning, I made a police report by myself. I am aware that it is not the hotel's liability in such cases but I thought parking near the security guard post/hotel lobby would have deterred the robbers and perhaps the guards would have heard the car alarm. But I was totally wrong. Such security lapses bring shame to the hotel management.
Food for thought -If any tom dick and harry can enter the hotel premises and commit such a crime, even in front of the hotel lobby and the guard house, then I see nothing preventing those criminals in accessing the lift (lift has no card access- or any form of security measures to prevent unauthorized access to guest rooms) and entering guest rooms where your family may be sleeping.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank keem1612

Reviewed January 20, 2013

affordable!the room are nice and clean.Staying with 5 star bed surely accompany you with sweetest dream and pleasant sleep. Pricely comfortable and dynamic choseble add on making the stay more lively and satisfy the needs.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
tuneh0tels, Manager at Tune Hotel Danga Bay, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing a Trip Advisor Review on your recent visit to our hotel

We offer the basic; a comfortable bed and hot shower for a wonderful slumber experience, always located centrally, all at extremely affordable prices.

It's rewarding to have guests return with great feedback like yours, and we are happy to have made your stay and a warmly memorable experience.

Tune is a charm for the ones looking for a place that is clean, secure and value for money.

We wish to receive you again amongst us for another amazing experience.

Sharon- Customer Care Manager

Reviewed January 19, 2013

when you are looking for non-smoking building (not only rooms), security car park, natural breeze and clean maintained hotel Tune Jb is best choice.
the dis-advantage is about the retails and cafe or food lovers, you have to dig your pockets for cab to finding best local street food
the area is not bus-friendly or backpackers due to you have to cross dangerous highway.
the tips is from airport, you may stop at uda bus stand.then change another bus written BANDARAYA for short trip to danga bay where the hotel located

Room Tip: request room 11 for facing sea and avoiding the room facing highway right beside your window
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank kirana

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review tips.

We are always glad to know our guests are happy and satisfied with their stay. Reviews like yours, helps us to measure our level of service; thus driving improvement where necessary.

Thank you very much for choosing us and we greatly value your continuous support.

Sharon- Customer Care Manager

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Fantastic location ,affordable ,flexible options on addons.Corridors non sound proof ,a little tight, rooms size are clean ,modest,4 star bathroom,A class on its own.Satisfying experience especially for long distance travellers who just need a clean and affordable place to stay the night.Overall thumbs UP!!!

Room Tip: Great view for rooms facing the sea
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Hi,

Thank you for taking time to post a feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay.

Compliments are always wonderful; it precisely makes us motivated to be acknowledged while we take great effort in seeing into each and every need of our guests.

We are glad in making your stay a pleasant experience.

Rgds,
Sharon De Silva - Customer Care Manager

Reviewed January 14, 2013

On 12 Jan 2013, I stayed 2 nights in Room 415 & 417 (quad room). Unfortunately, after i have checked out and reached KL, I left my entire waist pouch (including 3 important wallets) in the room. Luckily, the cleaner has helped retained the waist pouch and honestly present to her / his superior and I could recover my items. I really need to thank to this person. Else I will have to go through the trouble for re-applying NRIC for myself, for my children, my driving license, credit cards, bank cards, house key, etc, etc... (Imagine : I will need to change entire gate lock and door lock for my house...)...
Thank you so so much and thank you millions .....
While signing the booklet for confirming I have retrieved all my belongings, I saw the list of "lost and found" and there are really quite a few !!!
Bravo to the honesty of staff from Tune Hotels !!!
CK

Hi There,

Thank you for visiting our hotel and completing a Trip Advisor Review on your return.

Glad to hear that you had enjoyed your stay and happy with the service rendered by our staff.

Thank you for tuning in and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future

De Silva - Customer Care Manager

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Good day to stay was at Tune Hotel Danga Bay. Staying with 5 star bed surely accompany you with sweetest dream and pleasant sleep. Pricely comfortable and dynamic choseble add on making the stay more lively and satisfy the needs.

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the review .I am happy to know how we have met your requirements perfectly.

Compliments are always wonderful; it makes us motivated to be acknowledged while we take great effort in seeing into each and every need of our guests.

We are glad in making your stay a pleasant and warmly memorable experience.

Warm Rgds,
De Silva-Customer Care Manager

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Overall performance of hotel is very good including location, price, staff, cleanliness, parking slot . However, the only unsatisfied factor is I can hear outside people talking or walking pass very clearly. At night not that noisy so it doesn't really matter. It's a good hotel and definitely will stay in again next time.