“Terbaik”

Ranked #15 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Sungai Petani, Malaysia
“Terbaik”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Cheap value for money excellent bed. But unfortunately i saw some argument between front desk officer and blurred guest. Maybe he was confused about the hidden cost etc. Overall i will come back because very cheap in term of online booking.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
KL
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Hi,

I am from KL and went to tangkak, Johor to visit my uncle. We wake up early in the morning and suddenly my husband came up with an idea of going all the way down to Johor Bahru and Singapore. So, we took our passport and decided to discuss later in the car whether or not going to JB and singapore after visiting an uncle. On the way to Tangkak, after discussion, we think going to Universal Studio sounds interesting. So, I took my phone, go to the tune hotel book hotel and done. We arrived at 3.00pm and check in, flawlessly. settle down in our room and went to the travelling agency, right outside the tune hotel. We managed to book return bus ticket to USS for the next day for RM30 per person. I know there is somewhere cheaper, but, we wanted some rilex and easy way of travelling, so, this is our solution. Stayed in for that night, had a good hot bath, and good night sleep there. Next morning, we check out (took us 3 sec to do it) and went to 7 eleven right outside the Tune. while waiting for the bus to come at 7.30am, we had breakfast, bought some break and hot drinks in 7 eleven. Not to forget, we are allowed to park our car in tune hotel for FREE. Tune hotel has gate so there are guards standby 24hours. so, no worries about your car! 7.30am, the bus came, pick us up, and start our journey to USS. 1h 30mins later we arrived there. we never have to worry to rush in and out to the bus during immigration check bcoz we gonna get in to the same bus. priceless peace of mind. bus pick us up to bring us back to tune hotel at 7.30pm. arrive back to tune around 9pm.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Hasliza
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I love the part where I get to choose what to pay and what not to pay. I don't normally watch TV when travelling especially when I am out exploring places. When I'm tired I need the shower and the bed only. That was the only thing that i paid during my stay here. No TV, no Wifi, no toiletries-i brought everything on my own since i don't like to use hotel towels and not even aircond! (but i got it for free somehow because i stayed in the quad room). For all budget travellers like me, i strongly recommend this hotel. I enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank SyaheeraZulkifli
Malaysia
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Overall, tune hotel is suitable for budget travellers. have security, near to shops and Singapore. on my last night of stay, i found a stain on the new bed linen after i asked for a change of bed linen before i went out. the hotelkeeper should check thoroughly after changing something in the room next time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jokjakarta, Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed September 24, 2012

yep, it's standardized
all the faci are same as other tune hotel
so, same PROBLEM here!!!
The toilet and shower room has no lock

But the good things here is, it's near to Danga Bay
Second, it has shutter services to USS and Legoland

The attached 7-11 is overcharged for all the goods
The security guards are handsome LOL

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
tuneh0tels, Manager at Tune Hotel Danga Bay, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Hello dear guest!

Clean and central. That's our pride

It's always rewarding to know that our guests enjoyed our 5 star beds at 1 star prices. Thank you very much for all your positive comments.

Thanks for the review and for tuning in.

Regards,
Sharon-Customer Care Manager
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed September 17, 2012

1) The room is almost perfect, well-designed and very practical and comfortable. Strong water pressure and consistently hot shower. I appreciate the ceiling fan, something most hotels overlook. However, the floor was sticky when I checked in. It was okay after the room was cleaned the next day.

2) Tunes is introducing a new concept. The Management should give people some time to understand this and get use to it. This means the staff should go the extra mile and offer to explain to first-time guests, and do it clearly and patiently. There is a difference between reading on the website and talking to a human being. Besides not all information I read was up-to-date or valid for every outlet.

3) The front desk team was a big disappointment. They practically ruined what could have been a highly satisfying brand experience. They looked stress out all the time. When I checked in, the staff mumbled an unclear answer to my question and couldn't wait to move on to the next person in line. There were 3 guests, but there were also 3 staff behind the counter, he could have passed me on to his colleague. This also means that I had to return to the counter a few times to clarify certain things, and all the staff acted in the same way; brusque, tensed, and not comfortable/interested in interacting with guests (this also applied when I was the only guest at the counter). I hope this is not the same at the other outlets?

As an added touch, it would be nice to have a hot & cold water dispenser at the lobby.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Rumaizah123
Hi There,

Thank you for completing a Trip Advisor Review on your recent visit to our hotel.

First of all, please accept our deepest apologies for all of the inconveniences and shortcomings you experienced during your stay with us.

We apologize if in anyway we did not meet your expected Frontdesk service standards, and taking each and every feedback extremely important for individual staff and hotel performance; this issue has been highlighted to the training team for action.

Thank you for informing us about your experience; and we assure you that all the necessary will be carried out to improve further.

Regards,
Sharon-Customer Care Manager
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 17, 2012

For a bedroom that price (around MYR80 for twin bed room including 12 hours air cond), this hotel is definitely worth it. As a tight cost backpacker, this is just more than enough, as we just need a place to crash in the night, recharge our body after a full day of adventure, and as preparation for another challenging day ahead. For those who are travelling to Singapore, and might want to save some money rather than spending the night in Singapore, Tune Hotel Danga Bay is absolutely recommended. It's only 10 mins away from Larkin/ Kotaraya Bus Station.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends