“If its a place to stay that you want....”

Hotel Grand Paragon
Ranked #19 of 111 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Reviewed July 5, 2013

...you can do worse...or you can do better. I was here a few years ago and I thought it was good and had good food. Today, the rooms are simply just ok and likewise the food and staff. Good value for money for what you pay, however.

Internet access is something I prize and the fact that they had a working one for my devices is certainly a plus point. In terms of location, it's pretty near most eateries and shopping centers although if its shopping for cheap phone accessories and bootleg DVDs, you're better off at KSL.

The room I had was just about right, comfy & quiet, but a little used, although I can't expect new mattresses every time, can I? I'm just happy that I don't get knocks on the door at odd hours in the morning like the New York.

All in, I guess, again, if you just want somewhere to put your head down for the night and do some work before hitting the sack, its a reasonable place to find yourself in. Its nice, just short of a little something.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have stayed in Grand Paragon for about 5 to 6 times. This hotel never fail us each time we stay there.
This hotel is very near to KSL mall, about 10mins walking distance. And every Monday, the road side will set up stall to sell food, clothing and etc...
My kids like the swimming pool however I feel that the kids pool is a bit too small.
If they could expand it bigger, it will be perfect.
As for breakfast, it is very good, enough variety for us to choose and have a good range.
Overall, we like this hotel very much.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Eelishan
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Located in convenient location, walking distance to KSL shopping centre and Pelangi Plaza. There is Pasar Malam (Night market) every Monday just outside of the hotel. Grand lobby. Room and bathroom are spacious. Great city view from room. Clean room and great service! Recommended! ^^

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Badly finished rooms. Was not comfortable, would not recommend. Restaurant was ok. Shower and bathroom needed work. Staff were nice. The lifts were not satisfactory. I got stuck in one at night, intercom did not work and only for a local in the lift with a mobile phone it would have been very difficult to get out.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Dalyhols
Reviewed June 15, 2013

First of all, I didn't choose this hotel to stay, it's merely for the occasion that I have to attend. The hotel looks outstanding from outside. My deluxe room was fine and facing the Singapore-Malaysia strait. The breakfast was okay, I believe they could have done better. The waitress is barely smile. I found my self relax where I dip into the pool at their rooftop pool.
I checked their club on their top levels as well as their 'ginza' club.
Overall it was fun and good experience for me and friend.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Location is near to ksl city. That is only plus point. The room was old n has a stale cigarette smell. Bed was disatrous as well. Can literally feel the spring of the mattress. Do not stay at the high floor. The nite disco was blasting so loud and sound system bad. Could hear loud thumpering music all night. Bathroom was spooky. Dim and aircon was centralised. Room aircon was not cool enough. No more stay at here anymore. Not even if its free.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Koyoto81
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed here few years back and recently back for business trip. Nothing much changed, the staffs' service is nice. Upgraded me to Junior suite while i was booked deluxe room. However, do check with receptionist, whether the room got window or not. I love the food there, variety of choices and tasty!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business