All reviewscedar pointdeluxe roomwalking distancefood courtfood centrefamily suitehawker centrenight marketswimming poollocal foodhigh floorbig roomsized bedcomfortable stayholiday plazahotel lobbychecking in
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Spend a night on the eve of Chinese New Year. Check-in around 1.00pm without any problem and was given room no. 1311 on the 13th floor. The room was nicely decorated, modern, clean and fitted with a Sharp 32" LCD TV with about 20 channels. All the channel was clear not like some other hotel with poor TV reception. Mattress of high quality and the air-con was cold enough. No complain on the bathroom.

Breakfast was great and with a lot of choices.

Room Tip: Can reach KSL City Mall in under 10 minutes provided you take the shorter route on the right once you walk out of the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank dpmy05
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Booked a Family Suite last weekend for a night. Pros:

Huge rooms and bathrooms.
Each room has a good size tv.
Check-in/out was a breeze.
Sleep quality was good, mattress firm.
Breakfast very good, though could be better with more varieties
Complimentary parking for 2 or more cars possible, even with just a room

Cons:

Cigarette burn marks on carpets and sofas
Tired furnishings
Room was warm especially during the day, aircon doesn't work well eventhough their technician came to fix it. My mom was complaining as she couldn't sleep well. All of us slept without the blankets.
Lobby looked too "china" for me and the Chinese New Year decorations made it worse.
Traffic was a nightmare, hard to get in and out of the hotel as cars won't give way to you and it was a single lane drive on both directions. Furthermore there's a new mall, KSL city, situated quite close to the hotel so that definitely adds more congestion to the area.
The toilet bowl in one of the bathrooms kept flushing throughout our stay but we didn't bother to call and get it fixed.
We were on level 25 and there's a skybar on level 26 but the music and noise sounded like it came from my room. No sound proofing at all. Went on until almost 2am. Didn't really bother us cause we usually sleep late but I wonder how did my neighbours react to this.

Room Tip: Get a room on a lower ground level, away from the skybar on level 26 if you're a light sleeper or sleep early. Don't worry about view as there isn't much to look at.
Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2011

This hotel looks a lot older than its actual age. There was mold growing around the base of the wall and carpet near the bathroom and tears in our room's wallpaper. There was also stains on our bedsheet. The towels provided had a smell while the corridors leading to the rooms was dark and padded with tacky looking carpeting. Some of the rooms, ours included, was located in bizarre nooks shared with neighboring rooms, which meant that if you and the guest of the neighboring room were to open your doors at the same time, you and the neighboring guest would be faced with an awkward situation in which your backs could be literally pressed up against each other. Really bizarre layout if you ask me.

The location is great but other than that, the hotel is disappointing, including its complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank bittenbytheTbugz
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Got a good reputation from in law that this hotel was a 5-stars hotels with good service. However when i try to check in the room, the reception just could not tell me the time that i can get the room when her reason was the cleaner still working on cleaning the room. it get me more upset when others guests that arrived later than us can get to the room early. Besides that, i am expecting the hotel to be smoke free hotel since it was sign of smoke free in the lift and some of the hotel lobby however just finding people smoking either in corridors or in the lobby area. Furthermore, i had to call 3-4 times just to get hold of a reception at midnight... For the breakfast, the food was quite ok, However just finding the manager and the waiters/waiteress were showing bad attitude to the guests. Just not sure what happen to the smilling face that they supposed to show to the guests? The worst thing, i am still finding some used tissue under the bed. Am I really staying in a 5-stars hotel or a 4 star hotel?

Room Tip: Better ask to see a manager if the check in desk cannot provide you the room during check in time as he/she will give you the same answer of cleaner still cleaning the room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cptaurus
Reviewed November 23, 2011

I stayed here while in JB on business. There is a lovely roof top bar with views of Singapore and the city. As usual in South East Asia, there is the usual human cattle of Koreans and Chinese hogging the facilities (not that I have anything against them). Not too far from the port, local night life and Singapore.

My company paid for my stay here, if it was up to me I would have probably have chosen somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo