“I'll come back for the tiramisu...just the tiramisu.”
Review of Gianni's Trattoria

Gianni's Trattoria
Ranked #9 of 1,024 Restaurants in Johor Bahru
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We had the lamb shank, pasta carbonara and the fried calamari.

The lamb shank was the best, although there is a strong "meaty" odor, but we didn't mind.
The pasta was fine, but in my opinion, a little small in terms of portion size.
The fried calamari was quite tasteless, rubbery and the side sauce did nothing to help its flavor.

We ended the meal with the tiramisu which was good. Great combination of cream and coffee without any sogginess you'd find at other restaurants.

Service was abysmal and we waiting quite long for our food, even for the appetizers (calamari).

Careful with the booths, the AC above leaks water. When we brought this to the staff's attention, nothing was done, so I just moved over.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

The pizzas here are fantastic. Used to come here often just for them. The rest of the menu is good too, especially their deserts. If you're looking for an Italian restaurant in JB, this place is a must visit.

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

This is by far, the best italian food on my list (in JB). Absolutely excellent food quality comes at premium prices, but definitely more tasty than most of the Hotel restaurants around. Service is average, though occasionally delighting. Ambience is pleasing, and a consistent food standard assures a great meal (whether casual or for special occasion).

Reviewed October 27, 2013

It's a must go Italian Restaurant in JB if you are in town. I've been there twice and the food was good and consistent. The 3-course lunch menu with drink was RM32++ per person. There were only 2 selections to go with which I think it's reasonable. The ambiance resembles the cuisine they were offering. Service was great. Smoking is allowed inside the restaurant. When they are cleaning the restaurant, everything was moved out from the premise. This was a very rare situation which I like (this means they are giving priority to their hygiene especially the sofas which could get dirty and smelly easily).

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Their food never disappoint me. Love eating their spaghetti. Tiramisu is a must try!! Only go once in a while cause it's expensive to me. Boss and staff are very nice and polite. But friends and I have the same experience that the lady boss always show faces as if we owe her money.