“A birthday to remember....”

Thistle Johor Bahru
Ranked #12 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Singapore, Singapore
“A birthday to remember....”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We got what we requested!! and It has been a breeze staying at the hotel, from the day we check-in to the day we left, it is as if the day was planned for me. Check-in and check-out was at the executive counter. The room has a nice view of the straits, a perfect romantic getaway for me and hubby. Our late dinner was nice. The hotel even surprised me with a birthday cake and my other suprise was, at the stroke of midnight on my birthday, there was fireworks just outside the hotels, hehehe though it is not for me, but still I feel delighted. The staff of Thistle JB are all excellent!! Actually, it was the third time I stay in Thistle JB...if it was no good, I would not have come back for more. And I will be back again real soon. Thanks Thistle, it was a memorable stay for me.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
ThistleJB, General Manager at Thistle Johor Bahru, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for choosing Thistle Johor Bahru on your recent visit. Your thoughts are important to us.

We are glad to learn that your recent stay was a comfortable and relaxing one. Thank you for letting us know what made your experience special, we are glad that you were well-taken care of by the team.

It was our pleasure to have you and your husband with us and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Edward and team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I was very delighted to stay at Thistle Johor Bahru, the place is gorgeous, it's like finding an oasis in the middle of dessert. Swimming pool are awesome. I've also enjoyed the executive lounge at the 15th floor. the view is magnificant during sunset, plus People are superbly nice, especially Mizzi, he welcome us like we are royal family. next trip to Johor I definitely will stay at this hotel and spend time enjoying sunset at the executive lounge.

Room Tip: Room that is facing the pool
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

It is such a pleasure to know that you enjoyed a wonderful Thistle experience!

Thank you for your kind feedback on our hotel, swimming pool and our Executive Lounge. Thank you for your generous compliments and for your kind mention of Tarmizi, who together with the rest of the team are delighted to be of service to you.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back on your next trip to Johor Bahru.

Bristol, Connecticut
Reviewed March 19, 2014

The Thistle Johor Bahru was my home for 6 nights this week and back in December 2013.

Both trips have been great - excellent service, spacious clean rooms with thoughtful touches (a fresh orchid on the desk, or a slice of cake waiting in my room at the end of the day). I upgraded to the Executive floor to use their Lounge and it was well worth it. Beautiful cakes, drinks and canapes and fantastic service in particular from Mizi.The pool at the front of the hotel is clean and not crowded even over the sunny weekend. There is also a well appointed gym although I preferred to spend the evenings looking out over the Straits with a glass of wine and great food instead! The view from the hotel is beautiful.

Also had a great massage from June at the spa where they offer a wide array of treatments at reasonable prices.

Highly recommended hotel, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

It is such a pleasure to know that you enjoyed a positive Thistle experience!

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback on our spacious and clean room, the little touches such as the fresh orchid and the slice of cake as part of our turn down service, as well as our service during your stay with us. I am delighted that my team made you feel at home and well-cared for during your six nights with us.

We certainly hope that you will visit us again the near future and look forward to extending our warm Thistle hospitality to you.

singapore
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Was staying with my son and hubby. Were staying with friends after legoland trip. Hotel is away from legoland 20mins.
This hotel is much superior than the overpriced legoland hotel.

Wonderful n comfy bed. Almost thought I was at home. =)

Nice view of the sea. Get the sea view if possible. Rooms seems bigger.

Nice toiletries too. And good size toilet.

Breakfast: nice spread

Overall a commendable stay.

Strongly recommended.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank celwong
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 17, 2014

we stayed at this hotel during christmas time 2013. I must say this hotel is really value for money with nice and spacious room. My family enjoyed our stay and our room services. The only downside is that it is not close to any shops shops, so you have to catch a taxi to the closest shopping centre.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ThistleJB, General Manager at Thistle Johor Bahru, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your compliments on our spacious room as well as the services.

I truly appreciate your kind patronage and look forward to extending our hospitality to you and your family again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Just staying at the hotel from 14 - 15 march to visit my friend and Legoland Malaysia ...... overall stay experience very good yet need improvement in giving excellent service to the guest and do it from the heart ..... looking forward for improvement when I come stay again here next time.....

Room Tip: choice nice view facing the sea
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank qnol27
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is the best hotel which I stay in JB for 3d2nt.

Check in
- Staff was super friendly
- Greeting with a smile from all the staff from the hotel
- Upon receiving the key card and the room number, staff has inform us where is the lift and the location of the room.

Bellman
- Upon reaching the Bell desk and ask for Cab, they will ask us to go lobby and sit down. Onces the cab has arrival they will remember who is the one who call the cab and location we are traveling.
- Ask them place of good food or shopping. They have good product knowledge of everything.

Room
- Nice room view of pool and yellow tower clock.
- clean

HouseKeeping
- have request extra towel, they will remember to give me the next day too. Without me keep on asking them.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ElaineTWL
Dear Reviewer,

My team and I are delighted to read of your comfortable and positive Thistle experience. It is an honor to be rated as the best hotel in Johor Bahru.
Thank you very much for your generous compliments on our super friendly team members and cleanliness of the room.
I am delighted that my team delivered their warm and personalized service that made your stay memorable and that you were comfortable during your stay.

I truly appreciate your kind patronage and look forward to extending our hospitality to you again in the near future.