Thistle Johor Bahru
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Straits View Hotel(Johor Bahru)
View Hotel
M Suites Hotel(Johor Bahru)
View Hotel
V3 Hotel - Nusajaya(Johor Bahru)
View Hotel
Zen Zeng Hotel(Johor Bahru)
  • Breakfast included
1,398 results
All reviewsoasis restaurantsea viewthe executive loungeswimming poolcoffee machinef bbusiness tripdeluxe roomextra bednice poolfront officecoffee housecheck in was smoothbreakfast spreadcity squarenasi lemakjb
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is my first time joining my sister and her husband's family celebrating hari raya adil fitri in Johore bahru. My sister has been teling me how good the hospitality of the staff that work there greeting their guest like their own family. When I step down from the car, I'm really surprise that all the Concierge staff really remember all the members of my sister's family ... further the front office staff like Arnel and staffs at the Concierge also greeted them. Their room was ready when check in and they need to register only.

Few steps from the front office there is a lounge called STEP. The staff working there are really very friendly people. Their good service and manners really touch me. All of them from manager Nizam, Sashi and staff like Aida, Deva, Mumi and Ain treat their guest like friends.The Glass setting is really beautiful and the food taste good. Breakfast at FRESH is tasty. The staff like Azrai, Akmal,Edwin, Ika and Minah really serve us well and brighten up my day.

Thistle Club on 15th floor is really cosy and comfortable. The people that work there is nice and friendly. They make me feel at home. Azean, Mizi, Izzan and their Manager Hashim really give us a good service and was very caring.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank goh m
Reviewed August 13, 2013

i like the thistle hotel johor bahru because the places is very well near to the sea the room is so clean and the food is very well and very nicely ,especially the maintenance department because in 1 situation at night my room we have bulb no work at my bathroom my bathroom is so dark , the situation is around 2.15am , i call the room services to inform the problem in my room , i expected the maintenance boy is coming at around 4 minutes the boy is wish greeting to me and we do the job to change the bulb very well , i very happy to the all maintenance department because we give good jobs and the very best services without any cost..

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank farhanadil
Reviewed August 10, 2013

As one of the better hotels in the city, Thistle is no doubt quite popular with the locals who stream in on weekends to enjoy the restaurants, people-watch or see visiting family members that are being put up in one of the rooms. That said, the activity level in the common areas are usually pretty high and I am sometimes slightly apprehensive of the noise-level emanating from the nightclub when I am in town on a weekend. The reverberations can be a tad irritating depending on your location in the building but aside from that, the compact rooms are pretty comfortable and conducive to a good session of slumber. The gym overlooks the pool and the machines there are pretty decent for an adequate workout. Wifi and the business centre at the lobby also make staying connected a breeze.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ChrisseKueh
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I am a medical doctor in hospital sultanah aminah in Johor bahru . I used to come to Thistle's hotel coffee house 'Steps' everyday .I go there to read my syllabus and relax my mind. .I usually order a cup of coffee there. The coffee served over there is only freshly brewed upon the order. They practise rectangular glassware which comes with worm milk ,ice water and sugar bowl .The staffs there are very friendly especially Nizam, Edrin, Shashi, Aidah, Ain, Mumi and Deva.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank drshwezin
ThistleJB, General Manager at Thistle Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing Thistle Johor Bahru on your recent visit. Your thoughts are important to us.

We are pleased that you felt welcomed and comfortable while you were with us. We very much appreciate your positive feedback on our friendly team members.

We look forward to being of service to you again on your next trip to Johor Bahru.

Kind regards.

Edward and team

Reviewed August 7, 2013

One of the better hotels in JB no doubt - perhaps because there isn't much choice?
If given a choice, I would definitely try others because while some people are raving about this hotel, I find it just so-so (average).
Common areas are well kept although there are signs of wear and tear. Rooms are slightly worse than the common areas with paint and partition walls peeling off, rust stains, furniture slightly worn.
Hospitality is also not up to expectations, checking in and out takes a long time with some staff seemingly not very experienced.
Will not rule out returning but will always be on a lookout for better options.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business