Thistle Johor Bahru
  • Breakfast included
$75
$69
Trip.com
Tune Hotel Danga Bay(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
$22
$21
Hotel Jen Puteri Harbour, Johor(Johor Bahru)
$86
$70
$69
$64
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Swan Garden Hotel(Johor Bahru)
$35
$30
  • Restaurant
Bliss Boutique Hotel(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
$37
$31
Princeton Hotel(Johor Bahru)
$27
$20
$22
$19
Priceline
Mutiara Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
$55
$41
1,406 results
All reviewsoasis restaurantsea viewthe executive loungeswimming poolcoffee machinef bbusiness tripdeluxe roomextra bednice poolfront officecoffee housecheck in was smoothbreakfast spreadcity squarenasi lemakjb
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Checked in at 1.30 in the morning, it was a swift one. The front desk service was pleasent. Had a good night sleep, excellent bed and pillow. Complete range of toilet amenities although had no chance to experience the bath tub. Had to do early check out, 8am after an average breakfast at the restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
ThistleJB, General Manager at Thistle Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for choosing Thistle Johor Bahru on your recent visit. Your thoughts are important to us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your positive feedback on the efficient and pleasant service from our front desk team members, excellent bed and pillow as well as the bathroom amenities.
Your positive feedback will certainly encourage us to continuously seek for improvement.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Thistle Johor Bahru and I would be delighted to facilitate any future reservations.

Please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was stay 3D/2 nights for family trip on beginning of March . The hotel looks nice and grand. But, it's a bit disappointed that the front desk officer is unable to give directions to go legoland and puteri harbour. Secondly, I think the bathroom condition & the room eletrical product such as kettle need to be improved. However, my son is really have fun at the swimming pool.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Debbie_SWC

Dear reviewer,

I am most concerned to note of your encounter and I truly regret the inconvenience and negative impression reflected.
Please accept my profound apologies as clearly what occurred is not acceptable.

Rest assured, I have followed up your feedback with the team highlighting the areas that require immediate improvement particularly, our customer service, housekeeping standards and in room maintenance as to ensure that there will not be a similar reoccurrence on your future visits with us.

I am glad to hear that your son enjoyed the swimming pool.

I hope you will visit the Thistle Johor Bahru hotel again, and I would be happy to assist with the arrangements to ensure an enjoyable stay.
Please contact me directly.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I've always stayed here whenever in Johor Bahru for work,even when it was the Hyatt years ago.

The property is large and old but the thing that draws me back here year after year is the location! The hotel sits on a little hill facing the Johor straits and Singapore.There is a large field and 2 roads in between the hotel and the straits,so its a pretty nice view if your room faces south.

I've found out that it's always better,and cheaper to book online (I use Agoda) as the few times that I walked in without a reservation,the receptionist would say that only the club room or suites were available!

The rooms are dated and although an attempt has been made to 'refurbish' them,it's still a 4-star room at best.the furniture is old,the doors and wardrobe must be more than 20 years old....you get the picture.The mattresses used to be made of latex but i think they are using the normal spring ones nowadays.Pillows were hard and kinda uncomfortable.

Overall,the staff were polite and courteous.I've had the buffet breakfast a few times and the spread is good

Room Tip: get a room that faces south
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank peter f

Dear reviewer,

I appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience with us.
Such information enables us to monitor the application of our service standards while simultaneously allowing us to rectify any shortfalls.

Thank you for your positive observations on the hotel location, our polite and courteous team members and the breakfast spread.

Your comments with regards to the in room refurbishment, mattress and pillows are noted and will be looked into.
Whilst not an excuse, at present I am finalizing the new hotel pillow specification for the property.

I truly appreciate your kind patronage and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your family to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 26, 2013

was in JB for a wedding and since the wedding was held there, decided to just stay at the venue to save the trouble of moving around. couldn't say it was the best hotel stay but at least it was a comfortable room that i got. customer service was a little disappointing but i suppose it was because they were full due to the end of year holiday season. but still, you'd expect more from a 4-5 star hotel like this. the pool wasn't great for lap swimming but at least the breakfast restaurant had a great view of the pool in the mornings. was given a smoking room even though i asked for a non smoking one but good thing was there was no smell when i checked in.

oh, i am not sure if they always have corporate functions/sales functions at the hotel but these events really crowd up the place and cheapens it a little. otherwise, it was a ok stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jon608

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your positive feedback on our comfortable bedroom and the breakfast venue.

Your comments with regards to the customer service, swimming pool and our front desk inefficiency are noted and will be looked into.

I truly appreciate your kind patronage and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 26, 2013

The stay was pleasant and the room was just right for 2. The view was fantastic and the service level of the staffs were excellent. However, some dishes on the alacarte menu were not readily available on that particular day.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
ThistleJB, General Manager at Thistle Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your positive feedback with regards to the excellent service from our team members.

Your comment with regards to the a la carte dishes availability is noted and will be looked into.

Please do not hesitate to contact me.