“Friendly Staffs” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 107 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Ses-Paisses, Spain
“Friendly Staffs”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

The stay was pleasant and the room was just right for 2. The view was fantastic and the service level of the staffs were excellent. However, some dishes on the alacarte menu were not readily available on that particular day.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ThistleJB, General Manager at Thistle Johor Bahru, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for choosing Thistle Johor Bahru on your recent visit. Your thoughts are important to us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your positive feedback with regards to the excellent service from our team members.

Your comment with regards to the a la carte dishes availability is noted and will be looked into.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Thistle Johor Bahru and I would be delighted to facilitate any future reservations.

Edward and team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at Thistle Johor Bahru in Feb 2013 and the service staffs were really helpful. The breakfast selection was okay but the service was really good. The room was big and equipped with all the necessary toiletries and other things as per most 5 star hotels.
The hotel staffs at the check in/ check also provide drinks & bottle water while I wait for my check out.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear reviewer,

I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your positive feedback with regards to our breakfast selections, spacious bedroom, in room amenities and our helpful team members.
Your positive feedback will certainly encourage us to continuously seek for improvement.

Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We enjoyed a one night stay over CNY in Feb 2013, the Hotel is well run, clean and efficient and would re-visit again. Our stay was good value for money, there are a few places nearby you can walk to enjoy a meal with a local flavour, which are very cheap.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your positive feedback on our clean and well maintained hotel and the affordable hotel pricing.

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at the Thistle Hotel as part of the business trip. While the deposit they required off my own personal credit card was an unwelcome shock the remainder of the trip has been very pleasant. The staff are very welcoming and only too keen to help me out with any problems or questions that I may have. The facilities are top notch (the worst thing I can even think of Is that the room service hotkey on my room phone doesn't work so had to call reception, which is hardly worth complaining about ).

I would say the thing that really seals the deal for me is the level of service and welcome I receive from Mizi anytime I visit the executive lounge on the 15th floor. Not only is his service swift and welcoming but he really puts himself into his work and takes it upon himself to get to know his clientele. It is of great comfort to me to know that at the end of a long work day I can walk in there and be well looked after.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear reviewer,

It was certainly a pleasure to read your comments and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your positive feedback on our hotel facilities and our helpful and attentive team members especially Tarmizi.

Your comments with regards to your bedroom phone is noted and will be looked into.

I truly appreciate your kind patronage and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

It was booked by my employer for a business trip so I did not choose the hotel. After a confusion over charging a deposit, which was then resolved, I was pleasantly surprised by my stay. The service was quick and friendly. It was particularly nice to have use of the use of the Thistle Club, the executive lounge, where I was looked after and could unwind. The facilities, were great, despite the age of the building.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear reviewer,

I appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience with us.
Such information enables us to monitor the application of our service standards while simultaneously allowing us to rectify any shortfalls.

Thank you for your positive feedback on the attentive and friendly service from our team members as well as our Executive lounge facilities.

Mayfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have been staying at The Thistle (previously The Hyatt) on about 70 occasions over the last 15 years or so. I have always found the service and food/beverages to be very good. Since I have visited the hotel so many times I feel I have made a number of friends amongst the staff. They are outstandingly friendly and good to me. My last visit, my wife also accompanied me and she was treated extremely well. Although everybody is very good to me, I would like to particularly mention, Hashim, Sashi, Ayasi and Mizi. I look forward to visiting The Thistle again soon and can certainly say it is by far the best Hotel in JB. Dato AR

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your positive feedback on our food & beverage quality and the service standards from our friendly and attentive team members.
Your positive feedback will further motivate the team and I to continue to improve the service levels at the property.

Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I've been to JB just over 10 time for business trips in the last two years and have stayed at the Thistle nearly every time. I have noticed the hotel is starting to become run down in areas, but I still find the service is great, especially if you can book a room that gives you access to the Thistle Club. Free drinks and nibbles after work with a great view looking over the straight and Singapore is a fantastic way to relax.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your positive feedback on our service standards and the Executive lounge facilities.

Your comments with regards to the hotel appearance is noted and will be looked into.

Kind Regards,