Silka Johor Bahru
Thistle Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
$77
$58
Agoda.com
Hotel Jen Puteri Harbour, Johor(Johor Bahru)
$105
$77
$22
Tune Hotel Danga Bay(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
$23
$22
$269
  • Breakfast included
$74
$68
Trip.com
Swan Garden Hotel(Johor Bahru)
$36
$31
  • Restaurant
Mutiara Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
$51
$43
Priceline
$92
$59
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Bliss Boutique Hotel(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
$36
$30
Agoda.com
All reviewsthree starsofa bedcomfortable stayspacious roomnasi lemakgym
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Saw the more recent reviews with good food and service and I certainly didn't witness any of that. Staff in the lobby do their best to ignore people from what i saw. Rooms ok, decent size. Mine was a little dirty as others have also mentioned with little detail from housekeeping. Overall nothing drastically went wrong, just uninspiring service from disinterested staff.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
GM_SilkaJohor, General Manager at Silka Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear EddieY

Warm Greetings From Silka Johor Bahru.

First and foremost, thank you for choosing to stay with us. In ensuring the Hotel strive in delivering a higher level of service quality to all of our Hotel guests, it's a continuous effort that we are here looking into in ensuring it will not re occur to you or to our other Hotel guests in the future.

Your experience with us have been highlited and reviewed with departments concerned and please accept my sincere apologies and those of my team shortcomings.

Looking forward for you to extend us with another opportunity in staying with Silka Johor Bahru again during your next trip to Johor Bahru.

Will be delighted to warmly welcome you under improved circumstances soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I booked a room there for a 2-night stay. It was an average hotel but it is pretty well maintained. the cleanliness was very good for me and their food was great. Although it was quite far from the town, it was cool actually because it was away from the hustle of the city. Lastly, I like the service given by their staff. They're all quite friendly and it was an advantage that this hotel have in advantage. I'll be looking forward for a next stay here when I come again to JB.

Room Tip: Ask for a NON-smoking floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank khairul_kaiser
GM_SilkaJohor, General Manager at Silka Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear khairul_kaiser.

Warm Greetings From Silka Johor Bahru.

First and foremost, thank you for taking your generous time to write for this review regarding to your recent stay at Silka Johor Bahru.

I am happy to know that you had a pleasent experience with us and thank you again for marking our services and our Hotel in general.

Sincerely, your genuine recommendation on our Hotel could assist to our future traveller on TripAdvisor. Looking forward to welcome you again in the near future on your next visit to Johor Bahru.

Shahrir Naelsi Amir CHA

Reviewed October 2, 2013

My family and I checked in at the hotel during school holiday. We booked 5 rooms with the package to the universal studio singapore. We arrived at the hotel about 3pm and the location is only so so, quite far from the city centre and surrounded with service apartments. We could only enter our room at 5pm since the housekeeping just cleaned up the room because of the previous guest just checked out.
The room is quite satisfactory compared to other hotels of the same standard in Johor Bharu. The bed, pillow and the bathroom are clean and nice. There are refrigerator and ironing facility in the room. The air conditioner seemed to work greatly. We had our good night sleep.
In the morning we had to check out early and took our breakfast at 730am. The selection of breakfast is good compared to other hotel we have stayed. But the restaurant is crowded and crammed with lot of guests having breakfast at the same time.
Overall, it was a nice hotel and recommended for a short stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank natasya5

Dear Natasya5

Warm Greetings From Silka Johor Bahru.

It is a pleasure in hearing that you experienced a pleasent stay with us comparing with other hotel of the same standard in Johor Bahru.

While we are positioned as a value-led Hotel, we do take pride in ensuring that our services and and facilities meets up our guest expactations.

Your constructive comment on our Restaurant have been brought to our management team and rectification in ensuring comfortable dining space has been accomplished.

Rest assured, we are looking forward for you to return at our Hotel and to delight you even more on your next visit.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This hotel was chosen by my colleague in Johor as it was convenient for them to pick / drop me from work. The building was originally built as an apartment / condominium, but however, this whole block was converted to a hotel, hence it does not look like a hotel from the outside.

The reception is is very simple and checking in was a fast process. The room I was given is about 400 sqft, which I think is pretty big. However, I did feel that the room had a weird smell, like wet carpet that wasnt dried up in time. Cleanliness is OK, not a super clean as most 4 star hotels are. Soap and shampoo provided, but not of really high quality. I preferred to use my own soap and shampoo for the stay here.

Skipped the breakfast here as it didnt look too appetising, but there are plenty of good food in Johor anyway, why eat at hotels?

In conclusion, stay here only if you have a car or else it could be a bit inconvenient to get to anywhere in Johor bahru.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank boodyboy

Dear BoodyBoy.

Warm Greetings From Silka Johor Bahru.

First and foremost, thank you on your constructive feedback. I do indeed recognise on the areas that you highlited on room and our buffet breakfast spread.

Be rest assured that this situation had been reviewed and rectified for improvement.

Please accept my sincere apologies on those shortcoming's during your stay period with us.

As you are very important to us here, looking forward for your next stay with Silka Johor Bahru and will be delighted to warmly welcome you under improved circumstances.

Shahrir Naelsi Amir CHA

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I had the opportunity to stayed at this Hotel for 3 Nights, Upon arrival I felt welcome right from the conceige, the receptionist ( The Smile ) and within minutes went to my room ( it was clean, beautiful and everything in working order) , I had the opportunity to have Breakfast everyday I went at 6.45 am everything was ready, Most of the food was Self Service and only the Egg Counter..I felt spread was ok and I saw a lot of Japanese guests around, During Lunch I had Buffet not bad Food was hot and good. I like their puddings and red fruits watermelon. Service was acceptable agreed that the improvement on attentive is needed. Overall my stay at the Hotel I feel worth my trip . What I love most is that I saw the staff trying to provide that Special Service.

Room Tip: The Room I stayed 705 is really good. Everything in working order. TV reception is excellent The Bed , mattress and pillow is comfortable, air con just nice during the day and night.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SAMSARUJEE

Dear SAMSARUJEE,

Warm Greetings From Silka Johor Bahru.

Thank you for taking time to write such a heartfelt review on your time spent at our Hotel.

I am overoverwhelm by your compliments regarding our genuine hospitality. It is wonderful to know that my team were able to extend the services in a gracious way and enable to mark a memorable experience on you.

The Hotel is continuously looking into associates training in ensuring all guests are served at the highest level and improvement on attentiveness is not been forgotten too as one of the module.

Once again, thank you for your review on Silka Johor Bahru. We look forward in welcoming you back soon in the near future and also welcoming more guests as a result of reading your review and the experience you had with our Hotel.