“Great halal Chinese Dining experience”
Review of Meisan

Meisan
Ranked #148 of 922 Restaurants in Johor Bahru
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
“Great halal Chinese Dining experience”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Situated in Mutiara Hotel of the former Holiday Inn in JB. It has been in JB for more than 2 decades and the food is impeccably tasty and well-deserved a praise. Strictly halal & I always bring my friends who want to try Chinese food. I especially like the fried string beans with minced chicken meat. Superb......

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank Yap W

• Korean first
mersing
“Succulent duck”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

paid RM31++ for peking duck on their anivesary. Service was good, ordered curry prawn with shell for better taste. Coconut gravy just enough to whet the appetitite. Cod fish in hongkong style was ok and the scezhuan spicy sup was very good. Overall a satisfying meal. Will definitely return.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank T_James268
Singapore, Singapore
“Yummy food”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My daughter likes the honey chicken and the fried bun that comes with the duck. My father-in-law likes the clay pot mixed vegetables which he said is very hard to find in Singapore and I like the "zhang cha" duck with the sauce.

Visited June 2013
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
“Authentic and Best Chinese in Town! Guaranteed...”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

One of the best if not THE best chinese restaurant in the country.. i really love the Crab Meat with Sweetcorn soup! I've been all over the world and i remember sitting in a chinese restaurant in Amsterdam and thinking.."This doesnt hold a candle to Meisan's cooking!" and i couldn't wait to get my next chinese meal all the way back home.. THAT is how good this place is.. and the Peking duck is just scrumptious and lovely! Do NOT miss it.. a definite must if u do come down to jb and feel like having a szechuan meal..

• Visited June 2013
4 Thank KalsomAbdulah
Mumbai, India
“Great on the first visit, very poor on the second!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I was staying at the Mutiara Hotel and heard about this restaurant on the second level and decided to try it out. I am not a big fan of Asian food served in the South East of Asia, simply because they add dried fish to almost everything and I am not a fan of that odour!
Anyways, I decided to visit and to my surprise, it was an almost empty restaurant at 2030, with just 3 tables occupied.
I got some good recommendations on food and I enjoyed the meal. I would recommend the prawns with dried chillies and cashews; and the fried chicken in their special curry leaves seasoning. The fried rice was made to order ensuring there was no element of fish added :)
So, after a good meal experience, I decided to try the place again. I had my fingers crossed, but it turned out to be a disaster!
I visited the exact same time 2030; the restaurant was full with big groups. I got seated after a 5 minute wait and the waitresses were running around the place like headless chicken!
The food was strictly average this time. The service was very poor and the food was served just warm at its best. I ordered for Green Tea at the start of the service and it never got delivered till I asked for the bill at the end! Of course the junior waitress was apologetic at the end of it which she was ought to be since I asked for it at least 3 times during the meal!
In a gist, the place delivers good food and good service only when not under pressure. If the restaurant is running full, you better not enter this place as you will be extremely miffed at what you'll get for the kind of money you are about to pay!

• Visited April 2013