“An Oasis of great taste and atmosphere”

Chez Papa French Bistro and Wine Bar
Ranked #1 of 922 Restaurants in Johor Bahru
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Established in 1999. Traditional French Regional Cuisine. Cheerful and comfortable Bistro decor. Considered Fine Dinning by some customers. Adjoining Wine Bar with cozy ambience. Extensive wine list, large selection of cocktails and International beers by the bottle.
London, United Kingdom
“An Oasis of great taste and atmosphere”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Superb food, great selection of wine and drinks. Staff that make you feel a million dollars. If the proof of the pudding is in the eating then i can promise you there will not be a thing left on your plate

Visited May 2014

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
“ITs still Great !”
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

I am a regular customer of Chez Papa and always go with a group of friends or my clients. They never dissappoint me at all with great food, great wine and great service by their servers and the owners! Surpised me was that my Dato client went with me and his families, he told me he has been travelling a lot everywhere in the world and needless to say in Malaysia, but he found Chez Papa is the most memorable place and making him feel love to return with. And whenever i see Dato Soh again and he will remind me of Chez Papa, and it is making me proud of bringing my important VVIP to visit this restaurant and most importantly everyone enjoy it so so much !

5 Thank Kenjikong
Singapore, Singapore
“Onion soup!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Nice ambience, even better service!!! Both my wife and me love the onion soup very much!!! Suitable venue to dine with a group of friends! Lovely Experience!

Visited June 2014
5 Thank JasonHanis
Cranleigh, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Such relaxed, friendly, unstuffy French restaurant - a real gem and a joy to find in Johor. I had the mixed platter starters (onion tart, smoked salmon) and a sublime main of lamb cutlets with mash. So full I could hardly fit in the chocolate souffle pudding, but somehow I managed.... Unpretentious but delicious. If I am in Johor again, would definitley visit.

Pricey? Not really for what you get, but don't go here looking for a cheap meal, just a good one.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank StillLoveTravelling
Adelaide, Australia
“Perfection!”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Everything about this place is divine. The food is sublime, wine list extensive and staff ultra friendly, chic and professional. Best western food I had in 3 months in SE Asia in a gorgeously cute setting. Note the aprons from different countries hanging up from the ceiling. A cute touch

Owned by a French/Malaysian husband and wife team, fluent English is spoken (as well as French obviously!). I was travelling solo and the truly lovely malaysian owner chatted to me for a while. Her French husband then joined us and we stayed up chatting til late while they brought plenty of wine to the table (at no charge). They even took me over the road when the restaurant closed to drink rice wine at a local bar and then gave me a lift back to my hotel afterwards. Such wonderful hospitality. It can get lonely travelling on one's own and I appreciated this kindness so much.

The Malaysian staff were all faultless and charming too. I have never before experienced such hospitality and the food to die for is a huge bonus too!

I would recommend this place to anyone

Visited April 2014