“Must TRY! French Onion Soup & Ribeye steak with Red wine sauce, LOVE the red cabbage with fennel seed.”

Chez Papa French Bistro and Wine Bar
Ranked #2 of 1,031 Restaurants in Johor Bahru
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Established in 1999. Traditional French Regional Cuisine. Cheerful and comfortable Bistro decor. Considered Fine Dinning by some customers. Adjoining Wine Bar with cozy ambience. Extensive wine list, large selection of cocktails and International beers by the bottle.
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Finally got to try out this French Restaurant tuck nicely at the side of Jln Tebrau.
Had a French Onion Soup & Ribeye Steak with Red Wine Sauce.
Nicely caramelize onion soup with a baked thin-cheese crouton was a nice comfort food for the tummy after a long week. =)
I must say I like the red cabbage that came as a side dish for the steak very much.

4  Thank Ivy H

Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Must try: Escargot, Onion Soup, Fresh Prawn Aglio Olio and the Steak! This French restaurant is tucked away on jalan jaya in jb. We particularly loved the onion soup and escargot for starters and the sterlion steak and prawn aglio olio for our mains. The ambience absolutely complements the friendly service. Definitely will dine here again!

3  Thank Sandydandy86s
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

I feel that this place is over rated. i went to this place many years back
when they first opened and decided to go again with my family after looking
at the high review. Well service was average; food was nothing great accept
for the mushroom soup that is to die for. We waited almost 40 min plus for
the food to be served. Well i don't have much to say about this place. It
looks like this place is visited by the regulars.

1  Thank SARALAE
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My recent trip to Malaysia was a delight food wise. But after nearly three weeks of amazing noodles and curries I really fancied something more European. I wasn't expecting great things of Chez Papa (French restaurant in Malaysia?) but I was very wrong. I went with three friends, all of whom have very different tastes. This was a good thing as it allowed us to sample a good section of the menu (!) and I have to say it was all excellent. The French onion soup is the best I've ever tasted and I hope to go back for more one day.The service and atmosphere is relaxed and informal and the staff are delightful. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

3  Thank Ben S
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The service is great, food is yummy, just it is more towards saulty and sweet.

Well recommended.

I love the snail. Delicious!

3  Thank AndrewTST