“Assured quality for over a decade”

Chez Papa French Bistro and Wine Bar
Ranked #1 of 872 Restaurants in Johor Bahru
Cuisines: French, European, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Established in 1999. Traditional French Regional Cuisine. Cheerful and comfortable Bistro decor. Considered Fine Dinning by some customers. Adjoining Wine Bar with cozy ambience. Extensive wine list, large selection of cocktails and International beers by the bottle.
Kuala Lumpur
“Assured quality for over a decade”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed in Johor Bahru before and my house used to be just 15mins walk from Chez Papa. We were so excited when it first opened in late 90s and used to spend a lot of time here with friends for dinner and drinks. I have not been back to this restaurant since year 2000, and I'm so glad to see that it still has the same cosy atmosphere, high quality of food, cheerful waitressess/staff.
I was a bit disappointed to find that my favorite menu of trout is no longer served here. Nevertheless, all the food that we ordered (Lamb Cutlet, Dory fish & cream brulee) taste superbb and delicious as ever!!!

We drove to this restaurant, and there's a reserved parking lot for restaurant guests and a parking attendant to help the guests.

Will definitely pay my homage to this place if I ever return to JB again.

3 Thank IntanWan

• Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Saved our trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

We had a bad trip to JB, and went to Chez papa in the evening for a meal. Fantastic food, knowledgeable and friendly staff. We asked for changes to some of the dishes, and the chef, Shereen, came out personally to discuss and was happy to recommend. Excellent service Completely saved our trip and we had a lovely friendly night. We will recommend to everyone we know for sure. We cannot wait to return

2 Thank PANDJ2405
Singapore, Singapore
“Fantastic service, but not the food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Great service, friendly staffs, nice cozy environment to chill. Unfortunately, the food quality and standard did not live up to my expectation. I have tasted much better for a restaurant that is voted as number 1 in the area. Beef are too chewy, fish a little too fishy, mushroom soup a bit too salty. Food presentation is so-so, definitely nothing fancy, but I like the fact that it is quite 'homestyle'. But that's just me.

Overall, I think this restaurant can be considered good for JB standard, I guess.

“Simply fantastic !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

I am a regular to Chezpapa. I had a very nice rack of lamb, and I have been told that this is only for some special occasion, especially during Christmas and new year. The taste is just simply fantastic with a very reasonable price at about RM80, the quality I received from it is definitely beyond my expectation and chezpapa is probably the top among all western restaurant in Johor bahru !

2 Thank Kenjikong
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious food, friendly staff, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

I had a wonderful experience (wedding anniversary) at Chez Papa last night. We have been here for few times to celebrate special occassions. Staff was friendly and the food and service has always been consistently good. Sometimes the chef will took time out to ask how the food was. The bistro and wine bar are very cozy and lovely for spending time with your family or friends.

1 Thank HelenChan1009