“As authentically French as you'll find in France!!”

Chez Papa French Bistro and Wine Bar
Ranked #1 of 1,144 Restaurants in Johor Bahru
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Established in 1999. Traditional French Regional Cuisine. Cheerful and comfortable Bistro decor. Considered Fine Dinning by some customers. Adjoining Wine Bar with cozy ambience. Extensive wine list, large selection of cocktails and International beers by the bottle.
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Probably the best dining experience you will find in JB. Great French food and very reasonably priced by international standards.

2  Thank yasnil001

Reviewed February 18, 2012

Went to Chez Papa to celebrate my wife's birthday with friends from Singapore and Switzerland..... it was a surprise party for my wife and called Shareen ahead to inform her very briefly over the phone that I wanted something special for her and Shareen understood my intentions, all within 5 minutes over the phone, and the evening turned out to be great....
We had the popular Foie Gras and Wagyu ribeye steaks that were perfectly done....
The birthday cake baked personally by Shareen was absolutely delicious.......
The service was so intimate that we felt like we were at home....
Thanks Chez Papa for a wonderful evening...
Will be coming back for more....

Date of visit: February 2012
5  Thank RolandnWendy
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I have been to Chez Papa many many times over the past 10 years. The ambiance is cozy, friendly and happy. The food is just THE BEST. My all time favorite is the goose liver, as well as the lamb rack. I got to meet the owners, Shereen and Dominique Muller, they are a friendly couple, full of energy and enthusiasm, always pleased to chit chat and introduce new French specialties. Chef Dominique even gave me tips on how to cook chicken cordon bleu. I recommend you try Chez Papa. It's the restaurant I like the most in the whole of Malaysia. Sante et Bon Appetit!

Date of visit: December 2011
4  Thank Rayner663
Reviewed February 12, 2012

My boyfriend and i have been looking for a fine dining place to celebrate our 3rd Valentines celebration, and i read most of the best reviews of Chezpapa in TripAdvisor.com, so i decided to give it a try. I contact Shereen without letting my boyfriend knows because i wanna to give him a treat as he has been spending for me in the past.

Shereen is friendly and i really love chatting with her, she designed our Valentine's menu with two appetizers, one main course, one soup and two desserts including a glass of red wine, the price is so reasonable!

On that night my boyfriend were driving to the place but we couldn't find at first, however i called Shereen and she answered my call even though at such a peak hours and busy hours in restaurant, she directed us to the restaurant. Of course the problem is the parking lots, quite difficult to find a parking lot, but we parked behind of shop near to residential area.

The first impression of this restaurant is, WOW, i really love the design and atmosphere, is not like living in Johor at all, really. Shereen reserved the corner table for us, she is so thoughtful ! We really have an amazing dinner from 7.30pm to 10pm, the first time in my life spending these few hours just for dinning lol :D but is worth, time flies without knowing, my boyfriend and i really enjoyed the foods !

-First course, Escargots, MUST TRY THE ESCARGOTS!

-Second course, Quiche

-Main course, Ribeye Steak for my boyfriend & Lamb cutlets for me! OMG it was awesome, i really love the lamb cutlets!

-Soup : Mushroom soup, i only can say that this is the best mushroom soup i have ever had. Is totally different from local mushroom soup, is very nice!

- Dessert: Flourless Chocolate Cake (MUST TRY!! i love their homemade icecream with this soft chocolate cake!!) & Banana Flambe, this is the most unforgettable dessert i have ever had, i can't forget the taste until today, it was superb and you will love it for sure.

Definitely my boyfriend and i would still come here again often, recommend this restaurant to family, friends, couples! i love CHEZPAPA!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!! :D i want to come here again!

Date of visit: February 2012
3  Thank Legna_Nivlag
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I recently went to Paris on a company trip and dined in a couple of restaurants there both up market and casual bistros. Having done that and comparing the food quality and prices at Chez Papa, I might as well just eat French Food here. The steaks at Chez Papa are always good. I like mine crispy on the outside and juicy inside. My favourite pepper sauce is really to my liking. I also enjoy their version of the onion soup. Their escargots to me taste better (and cheaper) than what I had in France. I've been to Chez Papa many times over the years and am happy they are still around as the food is very consistent. Have to mention their stews as well. It's not on the menu but often on the daily specials. I recommend both the duck and lamb stew. Generous portions and very homely. Would also like to add that the wait staff are always smiling and helpful. My favourite waitress has been working there for a long time and knows my likes and dislikes. The owners are friendly as well.

3  Thank EatnDrinkaLot