“Great seafood~”

Yeo's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #520 of 872 Restaurants in Johor Bahru
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Singapore, Singapore
“Great seafood~”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Really nice place for seafood lovers! I liked the seafood so much especially the prawn there, so yummy and fresh!!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Moreenwee

Newcastle, UK
“Very tasty delicious food in a unique setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

We've been here 3 times over a couple of years, and it has always been reliable. The food is freshly prepared, and there's not too much of a wait for it. The view over the sea I find really entrancing - mercury-like colours backed by a distant industrial horizon of giant cranes a few miles away - a little surreal!
It seems very good value to me, and it is bring-your-own drinks too, so there's no waiting for those. Much of the food is seafood as you would expect, but we have never been disappointed yet. We aim to visit again in a couple more weeks when out there again….

• Visited September 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“I have no issue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

I have been frequenting this place close to 10 years already. On average, once a year. I have no issue on the food and the services. What I always do is to call up front to order and by the time we arrive, the food is ready.

I always put my expectation on a lower side so as not to get disappointed. And I always be nice to people if you want to get a nice treatment back.

I have met a lot of people frequenting the place as well. All have good remarks on the restaurant.

Agreed that cleanliness is still an issue, but situations have much improved since the earlier days.

• Visited January 2014
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
“I witnessed them throwing their garbage into the sea.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

I don't get what everyone's raving about this place. The food was so-so but that aside, I am especially upset when I personally witnessed a large filled garbage bag being thrown out from the window into the sea. In the sea I saw more floating garbage bags.

Never mind that the food was terrible, never mind that the service was nothing exceptional, never mind their dirty toilet was literally just a toilet drain hole, but I mind that they are not respecting the nature by throwing away their garbage into the sea. Absolutely disgusting attitude due to the lack of respect for the nature. I will not come again.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Salamarch
singapore
“17 OCTOBER 2013 Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Without consideration on the food quality, I can vouch for the accuracy for the negative reviews we have below.

My experience at Yeo's was TERRIBLE, and I would never step back again. I cannot comment on the food (because I didn't have any), but if you are a patron who enjoys simple decent service and being politely spoken to, I would suggest you think twice about coming to this place.

I was the first customer to arrive at 11.30am (the hours are from 11.30am to 10pm) after driving around in the maze of roads and asking for directions. Feeling extremely hungry and satisfied that we finally found the place, we walked in where the staff were sitting around. We found a place to sit (by ourselves), and it took about 5-10 minutes for the woman (I believe it is the same woman that was referred to in one of the reviews below) to bring us the menu. For the ease of reference, let's call her Mrs attitude. We must have surely reminded Mrs attitude of some bad experience in the past, given how black her face was when she walked over. Mrs attitude spoke good English. Being alerted from fellow reviewers of the distinction in pricing for locals and non-locals, we immediately noticed the lack of pricing in the menu. While my girlfriend and I were looking through the menu thinking of what to order, she suddenly impatiently said in the exact words and with irritation and sarcasm 'EXCUSE ME! Do you all want to order?' Hiding my shock, I calmly replied, 'Could you give us a moment please?' Fortunately, she left with a glance in her eye. Wow.

It felt like we were the owners and she was the patron. And we had spilled soup on her chanel bag.

Shortly after, we were ready to order and I waved to her. She was on the phone and did not want to come over. It was about 10 minutes later (I am not exaggerating), that another staff came over. I asked him for the price of crab, and he replied 50 ringgit per kg. He told me that we had to order a minimum of two crabs, which we were fine with. I asked him how much two crabs would roughly weigh (and therefore cost), and he could not reply and then went to find Mrs attitude. She came back with an even blacker face (I surmise her psychiatrist didn't put the pricing on the menu and just informed her on the phone of charges incurred) and exclaimed 'YES?'

I asked for the price of the crabs, and she replied '90 RINNGGGITT'. I paused for a moment, looked at her, thought for a while, and replied 'that's not what he told me' (referring to the earlier staff). 'It's 90 ringgggitttttt. What did he tell you?' 'errrrr. He told me it was 50 ringgit' 'It's seasonal. 90 ringgit'. So apparently the seasons changed in 20 seconds, and price of crab rose two-fold in that time. The thing that didn't change is her black face and bad attitude.

I paused, looked at my girlfriend, and said let's go. I told her politely, 'it's ok, we'll leave'. She pointed to the crackers on the table and screeched 'okkk, that's 1.70 ringgit.' (that was a packet of crackers she threw on our table when we first arrived). I paused, looked at her and gave her two ringgit, I didn't expect any change, neither did I receive any.

I really wonder how this place got any trip advisor recommendations or any reviews at all. I usually don bother to write reviews but this experience was truly shocking. Im sure the food is at least decent, but I never had the chance to find out. It's only food after all, the after-taste of the experience cannot be matched by the best food I have ever tasted (and I have tasted very good food). Maybe the service will be better another day, maybe not, it's a chance you will have to take. If I could, I would short Yeo's Seafood Restaurant, especially Mrs attitude.

• Visited October 2013