All reviews f b manager the general manager lake malawi dinner cruise swimming pool housekeeping team conference venue go the extra mile front office team live band relaxing environment an indian breakfast and dinner spent a week integrated resort butter chicken recent trip
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Positive aspects: The hotel is good: it has big and clean rooms, good service, diversified options for breakfast and the staff are attentive and helpful.

Negative aspects: I’ve traveled with my hubby to Malawi aiming to spend a few days lying by the lake, just sunbathing and relaxing. But the lake area in front of the hotel looks dirty and there are many cows and goats just there, eating and doing their needs (1 and 2 ).
I’ve asked about boat transfer to other lake spot, but the receptionist told me that what the hotel could offer at that moment was a boat trip around the nearest island that would last only 30 minutes.
So, although the booking was paid for 4 nights, we stayed there only 1 and we decided to go to Monkey Bay instead.

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank simonesegatto
DonS2791, General Manager at Blue Waters Beach Resort Senga-Bay By Serendib, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I’m thrilled to hear that you found our staff are attentive and helpful, likewise you have enjoyed our diversified options for breakfast and you have commented Housekeeping wise big and clean rooms,my sincere apologies for the misinformation about the boat-ride hours, It sounds like our newer staff need to be more familiar with our wonderful excursions and its offerings.

As well due to heavy rains we had bit of a messy beach, otherwise we are very popular for our beach front, I’ll be sure to follow up on your highlighted areas. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts – your feedback helps us get better.

The Blue Waters Team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Thanks a lot to the blue water team for making our stay amazing from the front office team to the restaurant and housekeeping all were just awesome

The moment we arrived a at the resort we Were caught by supplies with the extraordinary Festive season decorations which they had setup from the entry point up to the rooms and the whole compound

Am surely ready to visit blue water again

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Guest. Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope your next stay and just around the corner. Call us if there is anything we can help you with.

The Blue waters Team

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We were staying with 13 Dutch women (team Joining Hands). With Habitat fot Humanity we were helping to build 2 houses. We had a great homebase here and everyone took really good care of us, even the sick ones who unfortunatly had to stay home for a day.
The personel is very friendly and the food is good.

Date of stay: October 2019

Dear Traveler, Thank you for your review and for choosing our Lake resort for your long-stay with Habitat for Humanity. I’m happy that you and your dutch team enjoyed your stay with Blue waters by serendib sengabay lake Malawi.

I’m looking forward to having you again with Habitat for Humanity in Blue waters.

The Blue Waters Team

Reviewed November 18, 2019

Was there with my family for a couple of nights in October. This was our first experience in Malawi and we were so fortunate to stay and experience the hospitality of this resort, wonderful place.
So many activities: kayaking in the small bay as well as exploring the vast lake Malawi; boat ride to an island in the lake; dinner cruise with the band and the beach bbq; and so many more.
Special mention to the general manager 'Don' who was running around 24/7 to make our stay a living paradise.
Looking forward to spend another holiday in this resort. I will definitely recommend this to anyone I meet.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Jay A
DonS2791, General Manager at Blue Waters Beach Resort Senga-Bay By Serendib, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2019

Dear Ray. Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope your next stay and just around the corner. Call us if there is anything we can help you with.

The Blue Waters

Reviewed November 9, 2019 via mobile

Never go there . The massage girl Jane steal your money. Don 't let you be fooled by how she lookes and her sad stories . The hotel is ok . WiFi is very bad . Other workers are Nice. But again it is not safe . Why guards in the hotel when you have a thief in the hotel?

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
DonS2791, General Manager at Blue Waters Beach Resort Senga-Bay By Serendib, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2019

I thank you for your valuable time for bringing your concerns to our attention and we have noted that you have stayed with us sometime back in 2018 as per your review details. I would like to highlight to your kind attention that the safety and security of our guests is always our top priority and this far we have never received a report on any type of security incident or theft within our premises, However the fact is that based on our clients feedback and their requests we had to keep the concern staff away from our guests due to some confidential approaches to the client which I can’t disclose in this review.

After thorough investigation, considering the fact of our guest concerns and after investigating on the seriousness of the several cases as management we took a decision on client request to keep the concerned massage therapist away from the operation to protect the reputation of our organization plus our customer’s safety, Please feel free to reach out to me directly at gm@globemw.net should you need further clarification on your concern and if you have additional concerns or information to share with us.