“A cosy home from home”
Review of Pedro's Lodge

Pedro's Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blantyre
Pedro's Lodge
Ranked #6 of 20 Blantyre B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A cosy home from home”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My colleagues and I stayed at Pedro's for two nights during a two week work trip to Malawi. Pedro's was a very welcome change to the other hotels we had stayed in, the staff were all fantastic and did their very best to help out and make the stay comfortable. The room was nice, clean and cosy. Wifi signal was good adn fast, it was the only place i managed to get good video skype on the trip. The food was good, although i only had one meal as i was ill when i stayed there (not related to Pedro's!). My collegaues thoroughly enjoyed all of their meals.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ash G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Nelson-Tasman Region, New Zealand
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We arrived in the dark and staff expressed concern about the fact that we hadn't turned up.the pork we had for dinner was a bit overcooked but nice enough. Breakfast was good, it poured with
rain the whole time we were in Blantyre so it's hard to and there was no money
Available anywhere! Not the hotels fault but sometimes the weather does "cloud" your
judgement ! Pleasant enough place to stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Paris, France
Reviewed June 10, 2013

2 mn (by car) from Blantyre. Very nice, clean Lodge with all the rooms en suite. Pedros Lodge offers a small swimming pool, which is much appreciated when you want to relax after work. The bar is very well furnished and, Jean-Pierre (French) and Lena (Portuguese) are always available. The food (mediteranean and protuguese touchs) is exceptional. Full english breakfast, with bacon! Ok, now, you will say of course, english breakfast IS with bacon, but you should see in Malawi how many lodges will not offer you bacon for breakfast ( reason: running out of it / real reason: too expensive). And talking about price, Pedros Lodge is a great deal. I work often in Malawi (I am a trainer consultant in the Tourism Industry) and every single time, since I tried Pedros Lodge, I check in with jean-Pierre and Lena. I highly recommend Pedros Lodge for people coming to Blantyre, for work, pleasure or even on stand by, you will not regret it!

Room Tip: For the food, talk to Lena. She is anexceptional Chef. You have 2 rooms outside, next to the swimmin...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed one night at Pedro's at the end of our trip before leaving Malawi. It was very well priced, super comfortable, and very clean. The breakfast was great (perfectly cooked eggs), and the owners were friendly and welcoming. They organized transportation for us and in general made us feel at home. We didn't have time to spend in the garden or poolside, but I'd like to come back when I have more time to relax. A great value. I highly recommend Pedro's and I will go back and stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Amy J
Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I traveled to Blantyre with 2 colleagues and we had a wonderful stay at Pedro's. Lena and Pierre (Pedro) are wonderful hosts. If you have any issues, simply ask and it will be taken care of immediately. The rooms are comfortable and mostly quiet (some rosters, dogs and the call to prayer in the early morning). The breakfast is very good. In particular, they make the coffee in a french press and ask your preferred strength. I like my coffee strong and it was fantastic. We also enjoyed their omelet with tomato and cheese. I asked for baked beans since I am vegetarian while my colleagues really liked the english-style bacon.

From a business perspective, their wifi is fantastic. In addition, our driver was unfamiliar with Blantyre, so the morning desk person Jabis worked with our driver to make sure he knew how to get to each of our 5 meetings of the day. This level of service really made our business trip much more productive.

We had dinner each night at Pedro's restaurant and Peter was very patient and accommodating of all our requests. My colleagues ordered the spaghetti bolognese, while I had a vegetarian pasta one evening. The next evening I had the greek salad and the garlic and cheese toast. Everything was excellent.

We will certain stay at Pedro's when we are in Blantyre.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Corinne A
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I went to Blantyre for business, spent my first night at the Protea which was way out of my budget.
Pedro's most probably the best value for money in Blantyre. It is very clean, you feel at home and has all the facility you may need. It is very quiet at night, Blantyre isn't the noisiest city in the world either, but it was nice to enjoy such a peaceful atmosphere.
It is a bit apart from the city center, but the staff will be happy to arrange cheap and safe taxi for you.
I know where i am staying next time i go to Blantyre!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Benjamin C
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I've stayed here twice on business trips - just what you need from a reasonably priced guest house in terms of personal treatment from Lena and Jean Pierre and helpfulness from their staff. It's clean and the food is good. The pool is an added bonus after a long day travelling!
I'm due back there in a couple of weeks without hesitation.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business