Leslie Lodge
$64
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
All reviewsprivate gardeneach room has its ownlovely placemost amazing thingnicest places i have stayedhighly recommended to anyonehelpful in every waywith tea coffee making facilitiesplace to staystayed nightssmall kitchencomfortable beda wonderful stayhis teambreakfast was excellentexcellent hotelhome away from home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Leslie Lodge is a charming bed and breakfast in Blantyre near the medical centre. The large comfotable rooms have small kitchens. The hot breakfast is excellent and the staff very efficient and attentive. We would stay there again if we were in Blantyre.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed recently at Leslie Lodge. Small and intimate but very restful and very well run by the hosts Lynne and Ray who were very helpful and informative. They arranged our taxi pick up from the airport, advised on restaurants and trips. The lodge is tranquil with lovely gardens and the rooms are large and very comfortable. The Lodge is just across the road from the College of Medicine. We loved Malawi and hope to be back...and to Leslie Lodge too.
Scott Brown

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed here for 2 weeks in October 2012. The rooms are a good size with fans and aircon. The gardens are an absolute delight and there is a small pool.

The owners and staff made me very welcome. They helped kit me out with a few things because my luggage was delayed for 3 days.

I ate there a few nights and the food was delicious.

It is about a 25 minute walk to the centre of Blantyre and about a 35 minute walk to Chichiri shopping mall.

I would definitely stay here again as it had everything I needed and the service was excellent and with a smile!

Room Tip: One of the rooms has a private garden.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DavidRowlands
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Bliss in Blantyre
Following several visits to Blantyre and stays at the overpriced Blantyre hotels, I was recommended Leslie Lodge and what a find! Sheer Blantyre bliss! The spacious bathroom with separate bath and power shower was larger than most hotel bedrooms. The large bedroom had an extended area set aside with a dining table/desk with plenty of nearby power sockets and included a kitchen area with sink, microwave, kettle, tea & coffee, a well stocked minibar and fridge. A bucket of ice was delivered each evening. Room wi-fi was excellent. The air conditioning unit was highly effective and was supplemented by ceiling and wall fans. There were 3 mozzie machines in the room and the very comfortable bed had a mozzie net. Two large built-in wardrobes were provided with plenty of drawers, hangers and space. An umbrella was available for use in the rainy season. My room, like others, had a secluded patio garden with a table, chairs and sun umbrella. The superb value for money accommodation was further enhanced by the personal touch provided by the warm, friendly welcome from the owners, Lynne and Ray. Although I arrived safely in Blantyre, my suitcase did not! It had been lost in J'burg. Lynne and Ray were so helpful in my moment of crisis. Without Lynne and Ray’s help and advice my suitcase would still be lost. However with grateful thanks to them, the case eventually arrived. Both Lynne and Ray are very friendly and caring to all of their guests and have created a wonderful, welcoming and relaxing atmosphere at Leslie Lodge. I will definitely return – hopefully with my suitcase!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JohnMcI_12
Reviewed September 20, 2012

After a week of business in Lilongwe at some questionable lodges, I could not have been happier when I found myself at Leslie Lodge. The rooms have tons of space, and most come with their own patio or garden. There's fast skyband access for internet (though clearly you have to pay for it). Eva cooks some wonderful dinners/breakfast and the rest of the staff bends over backwards to accommodate anything you need. Large flat screen and satellite tv in each room. It's a converted house, so the only downside is that all rooms aren't created equal, but I stayed in 3 and was happy in all of them. And you're a short walk from TJ's if you're in need of a beer or a tasty roadrunner dinner.

I'll be recommending Leslie Lodge emphatically to anyone I know staying in Blantyre, I was really sad when I got called back to Lilongwe.

Room Tip: I stayed in 104 and had my own courtyard, request it if you can.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business