“Best steakhouse in town”

21 Grill on Hannover
Ranked #1 of 50 Restaurants in Blantyre
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Betty's Bay, South Africa
“Best steakhouse in town”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

A nice, quiet, intimate setting with soft local musicians playing on the weekends. I had the Jack Daniels steak and it was stunning. For starters I tried the crispy prawns which I really enjoyed. I dined alone once or twice and the staff were attentive and yet not intrusive. A good variety on the menu so as not to get bored.

Visited May 2014
Mischa L, General Manager at 21 Grill on Hannover, responded to this review, November 23, 2014
Dear GUEST

I trust you are well. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at 21 Grill. We really appreciate the positive comments and feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed the full dining experience more than once that 21 Grill has to offer.

I’m glad you enjoyed the Jack Daniels Steak and Crispy prawns both are favorite dishes of mine.

Mischa

Bolton, United Kingdom
“Good night out with a colleague”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Having been in Malawi foe six weeks I was desperate for a decent steak and I was not disappointed at Grill 21. I had the Grill 21 Special - grilled sirloin medium rare and that was exactly as it came. Presentation and service was really good. Wine complemented the steak perfectly. I would definitely go again.

• Visited August 2014
Dear GUEST

I trust you are well. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at 21 Grill. We really appreciate your positive comments.

We are glad that you enjoyed the 21 Grill sirloin and wine.

Kampala, Uganda
“There are other alternatives”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have eaten there a couple times and I can unfortunately say that my satisfaction rate has been only 20%. Although the setting is stylish and quite, it will not be my first choice of restourant in Blantyre. The food on most occasions has been very average.

• Visited June 2014
Dear GUEST

We appreciate your feedback , it really assists us in striving to improve our product so that we can maintain excellence and consistency.

Neumunster, Germany
“Usually 5 Stars but one disappointment this time!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

21 Grill is usually an excellent place for lunch and especially dinner with excellent food and service with a lovely spot to have a pre-dinner drink. Nice to get there a bit earlier than your booking so that you can have that drink! On this occasion the chicken I ordered was not cooked through and my wife ended up eating her dinner before mine was returned. On its return the chicken was not recognisable as the same as I had sent back. The veggies were missing as well and when I asked for them I received a fraction of what I originally had. All in all, most disappointing. That said it is an excellent restaurant and we will most definitely go again.

• Visited June 2014
Dear GUEST

We appreciate your feedback on the areas that need to be worked on, it really assists us in striving to improve our product so that we can maintain excellence and consistency.

My apologies for the chicken dish.

Blantyre, Malawi
“A great dining experience!”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

21 Grill is definitely the best restaurant in Blantyre, if not Malawi. The seting is fantastic and the food is good. The quality is better than most other restaurants but you can be dissappointed if you are a frequent traveller and accustomed to really high fine dining standards. You are bound to receive friendly service with a smile but be prepared to pay for it. The wine list is quite extensive and expensive but most times be prepared to settle for your second choice or whatever is available.

• Visited September 2013
Dear GUEST

We are glad that you enjoyed the full dining experience 21 Grill has to offer , we strive and work hard to maintain consistency and excellence.

Thank you for your support we really appreciate it.