“Unique Experience”

26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Unique Experience”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We hired a driver to take us to the Kirindy Reserve and we drove through Baobab Allee on the way to Kirindy and on the way back. It was a great opportunity to see these surreal trees in the day and sunset. I highly recommend this. It takes about 90 minutes from Morondava on a bumpy dirt road so be prepared. Take something to eat and water! The trip is well worth it. Children and locals will ask you to take their photos as you walk around - they want to be paid. Some locals are selling small crafts or baobab fruit.

Visited May 2013

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Once in a lifetime...”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The Avenue of the Baobabs is one of those places you visit where there is magic at sunset. It's not one of the easiest places to get to, as most streets in Madagascar are unimproved to say the least. You're going to want to arrive either at sunrise or sunset - though your tour guide should be well aware of that. There is a little rest area that has 7 different kinds of baby baobab trees in a farm area - the guide can point out the different types there. I went in December, so the rainy season was just starting up, I was lucky to see flocks of "Sooty Falcons" in the trees. I'd never seen birds of prey in a flock like that - though I know eagles do it often in North America. All in all - it was a great trip and a wonderful adventure! I went with jean-be tours. He and the personal driver were excellent - just be patient and remember, you're in Madagascar!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank jermaineac
Dublin, Ireland
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Breathtaking”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

The views here at sunset are truely remarkable and something that will stay with you for a long time after. We also stopped in the afternoon and the sheer size of these trees is something to behold.
The only thing that spoiled the experience for me was a Japanese tourist with a guitar singing about how much he loved God. I think even God would have been on my side had I done what I wanted with that guitar of his. That being said, he shut up when the sun started setting and there was a big group of us that just sat on the far side of the lake there and just took it all in.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank DMc5
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“One of the most beautiful places I have been”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The trees look amazing as the sun sets. We stopped here in both directions on the way to the Tsingy. Gary at Chez Maggie arranged a trip to the Tsingy, Kirindy Forest and the baobabs for us. This is an amazing place to take photos. We spent a couple of hours there which may seem like a long time but you definitely want to wait until after the sun sets to leave because the bark turns red and it looks amazing. I have a print hanging on the wall from a photo I took here.

Visited September 2012
El Cerrito, California, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Gary organized a taxi to Allees de Baobabs, at sunset, so that I could get some really professional shots!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Loved the trip. Taxi had a little trouble, but got a great discount! Taxi driver stopped when I needed to buy water or a drink or snack. Very friendly!

Visited January 2013