See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 14, 2017

The Hotel de la Poste has two buildings of the same name which are separated by 100 metres. The buildings are polar opposites when it comes to standards and quality, the new building is pretty nice while the old building is a mouldy dump.

The group I travelled with had a large number of people so we were spread across both buildings, those unfortunate enough to end up in the old building mostly tried to move to another hotel. The rooms were dirty, had no A/C, unable to lock doors and fully of insects at night.

The new building was clean, modern, nice pool, great rooms with large hot showers and all the basic ammenities you would expect from a modern hotel. There is a lack of technology in the new hotel and while there is Wifi for guests, there is no controlled form of check-in as such the day we arrived keys we handed out randomly and people were given keys to rooms they hadn't booked then another key was given to the next erson who booked the room.

In all the confusion and dis-organisation multiple keys were handed out to many diiferent people, this took over 6 hours to sort and many guest decided to leave for other hotels.

It was extremely disappointing, that said the rooms were reasonably priced and the staff were friendly. I would most likely stay somewhere else next time I visit Diego Suarez as staying at the de la Poste was not enjoyable.

Room Tip: Rooms in the new build are a thousand times better than the old building!!
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights, would definitely recommend it. Nice location, friendly owners, the room was fine to me, nice atmosphere. The best part about the room and the hotel is the view.
Nothing wrong with the room except that the air conditioner would just blow out warm air and it was like 30c outside and inside.

Stayed: November 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed April 25, 2015

I did not spend the night but I had the lady at reception show me a few rooms and the rest of the hotel's facilities. The rooms are quite large and nice in an quaint way, but I think they are a little too expensive for what you get. I guess they would be alright for a couple of nights, but if money is a little tight you're better off staying somewhere else. And if you can afford that sort of money, there are other hotels or guest houses or bungalows which offers more for the same price. The Mora Mora, newly refurbished, is an example. Le petit paradis is is even better example.

• Stayed: February 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed December 8, 2014 via mobile

Was looking forward to stay at this place as it gets several good reviews. However, I was highly disappointed with the hotel as my room, as well as my colleague's room, had a damp mouldy smell. We quickly changed to Grand Hotel, my Malagasy colleague paid the same price for her room at the two hotels.

Stayed: December 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights recently for 35 euro's per night. in my oppinion it is a little overpriced. there is no pool, no gardens to sit outside and relax in the sun. wifi is questionable........in and out! the location is good for the port, just 2 minutes away. bars and clubs etc 5 minutes away. My Room had a sea view, which was nice, even tho it overlooked the busy port. it was spacious and clean. good shower and toilet, no complaints there. Tv was all in french and the staff when asked if the could change the card in the decoder to english just looked puzzled and no help whatsoever. the staff in general i found to be very "sleepy" and anything i asked them to do was tiresome for them. my cleaner however was brilliant and happy and obviousley was grateful of her job. maybe she should be in on the reception!
very very average stay here.

Room Tip: bring your own pillow.............
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business