“Excellent Hotel, amazing food, and perfect location for ski and snowboarding”

InterContinental Mzaar Mountain Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Kfardebian
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Excellent Hotel, amazing food, and perfect location for ski and snowboarding”
Reviewed February 20, 2011

First of all, i stayed there with my BFF and our bed was huge! I was amazed by the quality of the rooms. Eventho in Lebanon, service was absolutely European. If you are going for ski/snowboarding theres a private slope two steps, literally attached to the hotel! And they have events there with cool music, and ski/snowboard shows. Loved it ! The food in all restaurants was excellent also. Apart from all theses, theres bowling, cinema and indoor pool.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank TazyGirl2001

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Arabic first
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed February 6, 2011

It is the Most Over-Rated Hotel I've been to, takes advantage of being solo in location!

service is crap, housekeeping is rude, they never pick up the phones, the rooms are waaaay below standards of anything 5 star I've been to.

We asked to change rooms and we were given an upgrade, as well as a free bottle of sparkling wine, but though that was sweet, it didn't compensate for the 600$ + per night.

there was also a confrerence there so there was no access to the pool and the jacuzzi was by reservations only.

the best thing about it is its location, other than that its a 3 star hotel at best

check out the pictures I've uploaded to know what I'm talking about it

to get the gist of my review, check out the photos of the extra bed we ordered

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank sabrih

Travelers are raving about these Kfardebian hotels

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 27, 2011

My friends & I have stayed in this hotel for the second time for our ski vacation. The hotel enjoys an excellent location with its own ski slope. We stayed in the presidential suites, which is a two bedrooms suite with a two and a half bathrooms. Everything in the suite was spacious and clean including the bathrooms (though some of the bathrooms accessories looked like they have been used up). The hotel provided a very good service with a friendly staffs’ attitude. The quality of the food was excellent and offers a variety to choose from.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed November 17, 2010

To start with I am a priority club member and I have been to this hotel so many times and I've had the best costumer experience. But sadly things have dramatically shifted. I feel sad and disappointed as I used to have it on my yearly wish list. Whenever anyone wanted to please me from spouse, family and friends, they knew what it would take me to be happy. I never book a single room, I always have friends or relatives coming for a first or repetitive experience.
This time was a time to remember or better not to.
The reception staff to begin with were so hostile, I felt like a convicted running away and seeking a roof. My double room booking was not confirmed; luckily I had it printed out. They didn’t bother to say thank you at the end when we gave them tips, and not even asking if we had a pleasant stay.
No directions to the rooms
Bed sheets were worn and the phone was blocked.
We wanted to try a place outside the hotel and no one could help us. Food and beverages were below normal.
I understand it was a busy period but lack of cleanliness was so obvious.
I feel I lost a good experience to recommend for friends and family and a precious item on my wish list. Definitely not Intercon standards.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nada032
Dubai
Reviewed August 29, 2010

The hotel is located on an amazing mountain, however not much of a view from any of the rooms in the hotel except for the garden view. On arrival the receptioniost on the front desk looked at us as if she was smelling a bad smell, no smile, no welcoming , how was your drive... She gave us the keys and then we had to hull our belongings to the room and try to find it ourselves. ( not something common in 5 start hotel, after finding the room , we walked in to find the bed made in a way probably a 4 year old would do better. It was as if someone was asleep there 5 minutes ago. Their idea of romatically setting the room was throwing rose petals all over the bed ( considering this was the honeymoon package) . The weather was nice however you cant stay out on the balcony because all the AC compressor are located on each room's balcony. so if the room next door have their AC on, the noise is very distracting. Hence we couldnt enjoy the serenity of the area sans AC noice. After a while i noticed that the room next door was occupied by a couple who had a child with them. The amount of noise that would reach our room kept us up till early hours of the morning waiting till the child stopped crying. Othen than the fact that you could hear the tv as if it were in your own room. The hotel was basically empty and they had to put a child next to a honeymooner's room!
I had booked a spa session for my wife and i for an hour( massage) , this took us 3 floors underground to the spa area! ( underground) Anyway, after navigating long passage ways with no signs , we found the spa entrance to find the spa personnel sat around a coffee pot chatting like they were in a cafe' . They gave us some locker keys, without explaining anything and asked us to change. After changing we were met with a masseust who would take us into this shabby room which was supped to be the treatment room. White walls , bright light , an opera recital was the environment in the room. She asked us to remove our robes and lay on the tables. Suddenly the masseusts walk in and immidatly starts pouring cold unscented oil on us and starts with the massage. No introductions, ( my name is .... ) how are you today, how would you like the pressure to be, where would you like us to focus... Nothing,, and they started massaging as if they were mimicing a zombie., i paid almost 100$ per person for the hour of massage which they managed to finish in less than 45 min and they just left the room after they were done. ( It was as they had some school homework to do and they wanted to get it over with. Inshort it was a bad and expensive spa experience considering the hotel is supposedly known for their Spa ! The food was good, quite expensive though. Room service was slow, and the room didnt even have a water kettle for coffee or tea, ( i had to specifically ask for one to be sent with some coffeee and tea) they only had a nespresso machine with one cup.
Upon checkout the front desk clerk inquiring about our stay asked us" Kolshee Ca Va" ( first word is in arabic meaning " everything" second word in french meaning " ok " .
They could do with some training on hospitality manners for sure!
All in all , i wouldnt bother going there again for the amount of money i paid.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Creteec
Riyadh
Reviewed July 12, 2010

The drive up to the Hotel Mzaar Lebanon Mountain Resort & SPA takes around an hour of cab driving. So it’s very far away from Beirut and only a place to relax within summer times. There is nothing more you can do within the mountains instead of driving with a quad which you can rent.
The hotel itself is very large but also kind of oldfashioned. Like the hotel also the breakfast is very big, but not overwhelming. Going to Mzaar within the summer time is probably not so a good idea, except you really want to sleep and calm down from work. In the winter time I think it will be better, because the place is known as ski resort.
There is still a lot of work to do on the hotel to make it attractive. So also no Internet is included within the room rate, and honestly, even if I hate not having a connection to the rest of the world, I’m not paying 15$ for an hour of a network connection that does not even really works.
Also the room rate was pretty expensive around 200$ a day, keeping in mind that it was off session. A guess it was my first weekend trip, next time I for sure stay in Beirut Downtown.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed March 7, 2010

The location is wonderful ,, the food was great ,,

Rooms were clean and warm ,, great for snowey weather,,

make sure to book a slope view room ,,

For ski poeple the hotel has its own private ski slope ,,

The only problem that it was a little too expensive ,, but its the only 5 star hotel in the area,,

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kfardebian
Pineland Hotel and Health Resort
Mist Hotel and Spa by Warwick
Al Bustan Hotel & Spa
Al Bustan Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Beit Mery

Been to InterContinental Mzaar Mountain Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!