My husband and I got a free one-night stay at the Intercontinental as a wedding gift through our registry. The gift included a Standard Room with breakfast and access to gym etc. Upon arrival, we were told we had been upgraded (we had requested an upgrade if one were available) to a Premium room. We were grateful and excited.
The room itself was disappointing... Having stayed at '5 star' hotels elsewhere, we were expecting a little more. The little touches were there; the rose petals on the bed and a piece of heart-shaped cake. But from the bowl of lifeless looking fruit on the table, to the size and quality of the room itself, it was...anticlimactic. The room was very small and the facilities were not up to the '5 star' standard. All was clean and neat but not impressive and nothing to be excited about. We even had a missing, unrepaired light in our bathroom ceiling. Our toilet in our room was clogged (plumbing in general was a bit iffy). When we informed the management, a plumber visited our room and plunged the toilet while we were sitting in the room... Not very romantic. Normal procedure would be to offer us another room. Especially being that it wasn't high season and the hotel was relatively empty.
Room service was good. The food was well presented and delicious. This was a plus!
We went down to the lower levels for entertainment and couldn't find anyone to open the bowling lanes for us. We went looking and found a man who was almost hiding from us in the arcade alongside the bowling alley. He was taciturn and lukewarm. He obviously wasn't happy about us being there. We paid 20$ for one game of bowling for 2 people. We felt this was a little excessive for a 20 minute game. In general, all extras seemed overpriced at this hotel. This would be understandable if it had felt like a 5-star hotel in all aspects. But the only place we felt the grandeur of the hotel was in the main lobby!
To sum up, the most impressive thing about this hotel was the friendly staff (with the exception of the man in the bowling alley) and good food. But for the prices they charge for even a Standard room at this place, I feel that it's not up to par. I don't feel like this hotel meets '5-star' standards and I think a little more can be done to remedy that. The facilities in the rooms need to be modernized and a little more effort put into decoration in general. Plumbing should be checked as well! Seems like a lot of hype and prestige for the 'best hotel' in the area. We might be happier just staying at a nearby cheaper place that isn't as pretentious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amid the peaks of Mount Lebanon, InterContinental Mountain Resort & Spa, Mzaar is a family-friendly getaway offering year-round recreation. Skiing, snowmobiling, climbing, hiking, biking, rafting and ATV ing join a long list of sightseeing musts such as the Fagra ruins, the Jeita Grotto, the Phoenician temple and the famed Casino du Liban. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Mzaar Mountain Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mzaar Mountain Hotel Kfardebian
- Intercontinental Mzaar Mountain Resort And Spa
- InterContinental Mzaar Mountain Resort & Spa Lebanon/Kfardebian